Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

How do I enter?

Give me all of your personal information (link removed). You'll need a google account. Make a burner and specify in the notes if you have weird delivery instructions or want to use a pseudonym. Your Satan will eventually receive this information; it goes without saying that the paranoid among you should sit this one out.

:siren: After you register, post a silly christmas gif in this thread to announce your participation. This step is required. :siren:

I don't want to make a google account or fill out your form -- I want to PM you instead.

Ok, try it. It might work.

I don't have PM's

:nallears:

I'm a lurker can I participate?
No. Don't even try. If you think you might be a lurker, you are one. Just kidding! If in doubt, register and post in the thread -- if you're ostracized by the masses, I promise a painless & swift ban.

What's the limit?
Do not plan on receiving a gift worth more than $30 USD. You are free to go over that -- by the nature of the secret satan system, there will be variance in values of what you give and receive. Truly, it's the thought that counts. Last year we had some impressively creepy and well-planned gifts; I hope the proud recipients will post those here for inspiration.

What is the minimum quality/effort of gifting?
Avoid repeating last years' greatest hits. If you think a $20 tchochke from Sharper Image with dicks drawn all over it is hilarious, please rethink your strategy. Check out your giftee's post history: what are they interested in? What do they want, or think is absolutely cool and love posting about? Also! What is cool and unique about you and your town or locale?

Some staple gift ideas:
-Snacks unique to your hood
-Liquor
-Books
-1,500 ladybugs
-Taxidermied animals already taken
-Dildos already taken

What about overseas goons?
APO/FPO no problemo. Foreigners... it depends. If you're willing to ship overseas please specify in the notes.

I want to withdraw!
Ok. Post here or PM me.

I have wacky travel dates, or I'm moving during the gift window, or something else zany!
Ok, be specific in your comments on the form and we'll figure it out.

:siren: Important Dates! :siren:

Registration CLOSED!

Deadline*: 12/31

*I will file bans on 12/31 for SS participants who:
-Flake entirely on sending their gift or posting what they received (yes, this is also a requirement for the spirit of secret satan)
-Can't prove that they attempted to send their gift, provide a tracking number, receipt, or some exceedingly compelling reason for their failure to follow through

Zeris fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Anxiously awaiting the holidays

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Can someone please send me the Donald Trump piss tape

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

if we want to go for post-ironic gifts i could just poo poo in a box and leave a $20 in there

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

if we want to go for post-ironic gifts i could just poo poo in a box and leave a $20 in there

Has a certain elegance to it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I'm going berserk, loving balls to the wall this year watch out

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 10, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m bad at gif. Looking forward to a second year of silliness.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I hope I get someone in the navy this year.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m gonna have a really hard time not sending someone crab related stuff.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I’m sending aids

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I’m sending aids

... hearing aids? :ohdear:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m gonna have a really hard time not sending someone crab related stuff.

I think your recipient will be sad and hurt if you don't send something crab related.

As opposed to the recipients who will be sad and hurt by the inevitable toxic and/or booby trapped "gifts."

FYI future Satan I wear size medium, in case there's a t-shirt in the works.

This really is the best time of year.

Edit: and now that I got my gmail burner working, here's my thematically appropriate gif:

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 10, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 10, 2017

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
My santee will appreciate this year's gift. It's better than a 40 of malt liquor, if a bit smaller by several millimeters. It might make their life flash before their eyes if unwrapped incorrectly, but they would go out with a bang at least.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

... hearing aids? :ohdear:

erectile aids :dance:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

My santee will appreciate this year's gift. It's better than a 40 of malt liquor, if a bit smaller by several millimeters. It might make their life flash before their eyes if unwrapped incorrectly, but they would go out with a bang at least.

PSA: Teflon Don will absolutely mail a grenade.

Just make sure it gets to the right address this time, yeah?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arc Light posted:

PSA: Teflon Don will absolutely mail a grenade.

Just make sure it gets to the right address this time, yeah?

You shouldn't mail Mickey's malt liquor.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

PSA: please do not mail me a grenade because I am in CA and don't want to look up the laws

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I’m sending aids

I sent plushy STI’s last year :getin:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

3rd Year running!

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Please post here or edit your google form to specify if you do NOT want your secret satan to consider sending alcohol, since it's a semi-popular gift option but we do have several non-drinkers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

No alcohol please

And can I request a special dispensation to receive my Satan's details early as I'm sending from an island paradise via canoe

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I missed last year because I was in Kuwait. I'm definitely loving participating this year. Going to have to outdo the Suck My Dick from the Back T shirt I sent AKpro.

e

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:woop:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
No alcohol for me either please

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
You can send me all the alcohol you would have sent these guys.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

McNally posted:

You can send me all the alcohol you would have sent these guys.

:same:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:smith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:smug::hf::smith:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Damnit shim, just pack up the wife and move west. You could get a pretty nice place here for the money you'd get from selling that 70s mansion.

(Still mad jealous of the marble entry)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Most of the west is garbage, though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It is, but most cities in Colorado are leaps and bounds ahead of Memphis.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Picturing shim in a marble castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Damnit shim, just pack up the wife and move west. You could get a pretty nice place here for the money you'd get from selling that 70s mansion.

(Still mad jealous of the marble entry)

I’m way too attached to my family to ever move away from them again. Memphis ain’t perfect but with all my important family living there makes it a good place for me.

Also the wife just left bed side nursing for an administrative job and she’s not keen on going back to bed side. Which she’d have to do if we moved since she’d have no chance of hiring into management from the outside without a ton of management experience.

• Locked thread