Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Sonic
Blue
Yellow
Red
Black Sonic
View Results

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There really is something for every Sonic fan in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Thats
a
thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqnZ-o2TNo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like the cutscenes where Sonic gets the poo poo beat out of him, lets you know how dark and mature and RAW and hardcore the story is

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
fun fact: the torture line wasn't in the original Japanese script

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
:siren: Your Mission: Draw or describe your ORIGINAL CHARACTER for the Sonic Universe. Are they best friends with Sonic? Do they like nine inch nails?? Are they even an animal?

If you can't think of your own character you can try my suggestion of making a Nine Gear the Crow

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
It ain't mine but there's only one correct OC out there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
My Sonic OC's already in the game tho

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sure, man. Nine-Gear the Crow fuckin' loved mountain bikes, man. Loved building them, loved racing them, loved selling them and their accessories. They weren't super-big into music or anything but for some reason the same half-dozen ska songs were playing around them all the time and nobody ever figured out why?

Anyway, one day the demand for mountain bikes just kind of dried up in favor of fixed-gears. Not even, like, single-gear stunt bikes, but boring grandpa bikes. The Wonder Bread of bikes.

Between that and the proliferation of ironic Wonder Bread-themed restaurants, they felt like the city was changing around them and headed off to the mountains in search of inspiration, which were largely untouched by the Eggman Forces except for the occasional automatic mining screw the size of a house.

So now they're back, to plant tires in robot faces or the local equivalent, grind each and every rail, and do approximately ten thousand goddamn supermans, which all told are pretty easy when you have wings.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Putty posted:

:siren: Your Mission: Draw or describe your ORIGINAL CHARACTER for the Sonic Universe. Are they best friends with Sonic? Do they like nine inch nails?? Are they even an animal?

If you can't think of your own character you can try my suggestion of making a Nine Gear the Crow

Meet Hagahahahaahaahaaahhgggaagagahgaghaghaghghhaghahgghaghaghaghaghghaghghaghghaghahaghaghaghghaghaghghaghaghags the VegeegvgevgevegvegvegvgegagvgavgeagvgegevgvavgegggvaggagvevevevevgvegvagevgAGVGEAGVGAHVuavhehvahev

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Meet Hagahahahaahaahaaahhgggaagagahgaghaghaghghhaghahgghaghaghaghaghghaghghaghghaghahaghaghaghghaghaghghaghaghags the VegeegvgevgevegvegvegvgegagvgavgeagvgegevgvavgegggvaggagvevevevevgvegvagevgAGVGEAGVGAHVuavhehvahev

holy poo poo lol

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

fun fact: the torture line wasn't in the original Japanese script

That explains why no one acts like it ever happened it all. :psyduck:

Tenebrais posted:

That villain is the Sonic equivalent of xXx_D4rkS3phiroth1994_xXx

This is extraordinarily apt.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Happy almost 49th birthday Sonic!!!!!

03 - Roland (Missions 11 - 15)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Your Mission: Find me the best still from the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons or any other media. Can you beat this one???

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

there's probably far better to be found but I already had this one on hand

also this from the comics

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Here's my entry.

It's actually difficult to find stills from the oooooooooooold cartoon series. I tried.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

^That could have gone a lot better.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Sketchie posted:

Here's my entry.

It's actually difficult to find stills from the oooooooooooold cartoon series. I tried.

it's actually very easy

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Some bonus stills:

STFU Tails you dweeb

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Long “John” Baldry is the best iteration of Robutthead and you are a fool for thinking otherwise

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Long “John” Baldry is the best iteration of Robutthead and you are a fool for thinking otherwise

This is the truth. Mike Pollock might be THE Robotnik, but Long John Baldry will always be MY Robotnik.

His Robotnik also has the best theme song of all possible Robotniks.

EDIT: A day later and I realized I spelled Mike Pollock's name wrong.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 30, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pollock and Baldry are probably my top favorite Robotnik voices (though I will give credit to Jim Cummings for actually making the character sound menacing, Deem Bristow wasn't too bad in that regard either). In fact, AoStH Robotnik is probably the closest any of the western cartoons (until Sonic Boom at least) ever got to the game version (a giant manchild who thinks he's better than he really is).

Robotnik is generally the best part of any Sonic-related production (the only real exception in my opinion being Sonic Underground which kind of sucked all the way around).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 29, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Robotnik stole that goddamn show

pingas

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 29, 2017

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Gonna give it to the Robotnik from Sonic SatAM for being the most sinister Robotnik. He had some real Megabyte style going for him. For what I remember of the show though, he wasn't much for personality over the "I hate that hedgehog" cartoony Robotnik.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
SatAM's Robotnik was basically a morbidly obese Emperor Palpatine and it was fantastic. It was one hell of a head trip as a kid to flip back and forth between ABC and Fox Kids and see a bumbling dumbass Robotnik on one channel and the Sum of All Evil Robotnik on the other.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 30, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

His Robotnik also has the best theme song of all possible Robotniks.

Very Bajo-Kazooie (yes, I know this was first)

And the plural is "Robotnices".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It’s a loving shame he died so young. I often wonder what the hell Baldry would have made of PINGAS had he lived to see the meme itself.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
CJew's mic loving exploded and he got 4th degree burns over 90 percent of his body so I can't give you an episode for a small bit. MEANWHILE...

Sonic the Hedgehog is the 3rd most prolific series for crossover fanfics on FANFICTION DOT NET! Can you find me the strangest crossover fic with Sonic characters in it? Feel free to post famous examples but maybe you'll find some good poo poo with some searching.

Here's a shortcut link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/crossovers/Sonic-the-Hedgehog/253/

https://twitter.com/fanfiction_txt/status/329292717735686144

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Putty posted:

Can you find me the strangest crossover fic with Sonic characters in it?

Find? Probably not.

Write, on the other hand... :unsmigghh:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sonic x Face/Off

quote:

"Sonic? It's been ages!" Cage said to Sonic as they hugged as bros tend to do.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Nope, I ain't touching that poo poo

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Sonic the Hedgehog x Shark Tale

quote:

Later on, there was a super thrilling place. There was a blue supersonic hedgehog with bright green eyes and red and white sneakers. He turned over and began introducing himself, "Hi there, I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog, you might think you know, but you have absolutely no idea. Welcome to my universe. The good entire life the way the other half lives. Check it out, dudes, I got my 40 hi-def flat television screen with speaker surround, CD player, DVD player, Nintendo Wii-U hooked up and a track player for the days when you're feeling just a bit…" Sonic began beat boxing for a bit. "…old school. 'cause every single superstar hedgehog like me needs to have the basic properties."

"Yeah right, like cash." Bart laughed along with his good friends, Alvin and Scrappy. The place was just a billboard and Sonic really didn't have any cash.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Putty posted:

CJew's mic loving exploded and he got 4th degree burns over 90 percent of his body so I can't give you an episode for a small bit. MEANWHILE...

Sonic the Hedgehog is the 3rd most prolific series for crossover fanfics on FANFICTION DOT NET! Can you find me the strangest crossover fic with Sonic characters in it? Feel free to post famous examples but maybe you'll find some good poo poo with some searching.

Here's a shortcut link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/crossovers/Sonic-the-Hedgehog/253/

https://twitter.com/fanfiction_txt/status/329292717735686144

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tM0Sow-2r8

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

So the upcoming IDW comic is picking off after the events of Forces

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Just what I needed, more Sonic comics.

charlestonjew fix your mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

03 - Platforming Champ (Missions 16 - 20)

Did you know gamer??? Sonic the Hedgehog studs his shoes with money-draw crystals?