Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Sonic
Blue
Yellow
Red
Black Sonic
View Results

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Cat drugs guy still posts actually. I think he's 60-something? The other guy who was perma'd was a 70+ retired cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That’s fan art, right?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

nine-gear crow posted:

That’s fan art, right?

No, that's an official comic.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

That’s fan art, right?

It's real
Ian Flynn is a genius and a visionary

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Augus posted:

It's real
Ian Flynn is a genius and a visionary

actually IIRC it was artist Evan Stanley's idea

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Cat drugs guy still posts actually. I think he's 60-something? The other guy who was perma'd was a 70+ retired cop.

I found out he only posts once a year on GBS to celebrate he own birthday. Spooky.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Putty posted:

I found out he only posts once a year on GBS to celebrate he own birthday. Spooky.

thats the guy that has every fictional character ever come in for his birthday party right?

that guy's cool

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

CharlestonJew posted:

thats the guy that has every fictional character ever come in for his birthday party right?

that guy's cool

i have had this marked in my calendar since last year

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Putty posted:

i have had this marked in my calendar since last year

We mentioned this in the latest Minecraft Story Mode, but the Rifftrax podcast for Ready Player One, 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back actually does a shout out to that post in one episode.

They do a thing called "Fanfic or Real" where they try to stump each other by reading several random passages from RP1 fanfics and then slip in one actual passage from RP1 to see if they can tell them apart, and it is legit hard because Ernest Cline, a 45 year old man, writes about as well as a teeming horde of teenage fanboys do.

Conor Lastwoka whips out the "every character" quote and Mike Nelson has a moment of legit panic where you can hear his brain trying to flip that coin on whether Cline really did go that shameless and lazy or not.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

We mentioned this in the latest Minecraft Story Mode, but the Rifftrax podcast for Ready Player One, 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back actually does a shout out to that post in one episode.

They do a thing called "Fanfic or Real" where they try to stump each other by reading several random passages from RP1 fanfics and then slip in one actual passage from RP1 to see if they can tell them apart, and it is legit hard because Ernest Cline, a 45 year old man, writes about as well as a teeming horde of teenage fanboys do.

Conor Lastwoka whips out the "every character" quote and Mike Nelson has a moment of legit panic where you can hear his brain trying to flip that coin on whether Cline really did go that shameless and lazy or not.

Haha goddamn that's great

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Here’s your weekly THREAD CHALLENGE, because Putty is a lazy rear end in a top hat:

Watch one full episode of The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon from the 90s and write a 300 word or more Trip Report on it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The entire series is on this sketchy looking channel btw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnx7h2noWS1bUR8rXvdlXHg/videos

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Here’s your weekly THREAD CHALLENGE, because Putty is a lazy rear end in a top hat:

Watch one full episode of The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon from the 90s and write a 300 word or more Trip Report on it.

oh boy is it time for my masters thesis on the differences between the episode Pseudo Sonic and issue 9 of the Archie book (which was an adaptation of it)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

oh boy is it time for my masters thesis on the differences between the episode Pseudo Sonic and issue 9 of the Archie book (which was an adaptation of it)

Excuse me. It's a thread challenge, not a thread vacation.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

Random number generator rolled "19" that was the episode I watched.

Episode 19: Grounder the Genius

Episode begins with Robotnik making a device that will make him smarter. Upon turning it on his brain literally farts and grows to an abnormal size. He exclaims that he's finally an egghead (funny considering his name will later change to Eggman to match his Japanese name, Egguman) and then sets off to trap Sonic. Grounder and Scratch set up a giant mousetrap in the middle of the road and place a Tails doll (no, not the one seen a few post above) on it. The whole thing reminds me of a Wile E Coyote cartoon. 1:40 into the episode and Sonic finally makes his appearance. Sonic approaches the doll and immediately knows its a trap; but when he tries to toss Grounder and Scratch onto the mousetrap he finds out they too are dolls. That's when the real trap is sprung: a giant beartrap is hidden below the mousetrap. Sonic barely escapes and runs off to find Tails while Scratch and Grounder get crushed by their own trap. Sonic and Tails decide to get see Tails' geeky friend. Robotnik calls Grounder a bunch of names while Tails' friend hacks into Robotnik's computer and gives it a virus, which makes it sneeze and act like it has a human virus. Also he takes a microchip Robotnik was working on somehow. Anyways Sonic and Tails go to meet this geeky mole when Grounder and Scratch show up and destroy the base. Everyone escapes but Grounder gets a hold of the microchip and uses it on himself; giving him a farting human brain that first pours out of his tin head and then conveniently stores itself in a graduation cap. Also he wears a smoking jacket and speaks with an accent. Grounder convinces Robotnik to make him a subordinate and then devises a plan to eliminate Sonic. Sonic receives a "stupid chip" to stop Robotnik but Grounder uses a petrification ray to turn Sonic into a statue. Grounder then overthrows Robotnik and places him in the basement with the Sonic statue; which Robotnik starts to lick. Tails and the geek arrive just in time to turn Sonic's head back from stone. He then breaks the rest of himself free somehow and faces off against Grounder, where they do a bunch of convoluted things to eventually cause Scratch to arrive and screw up Grounder's plan. Robotnik gets the chip but Sonic switches it at the last second and turns Robotnik stupid. His base explodes and Robotnik learns that he didn't need to use artificial intelligence to make himself smarter.

428 words

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Quick note Gimbal's website exploded so we had to re-render this fabulous image in GIF form.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You call that torture!? I call that heaven !!!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Episode 19: Grounder the Genius

https://puu.sh/ztmVP/9c56d5efc2.mp4

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Small update: This game has one of the worst levels I have ever seen and now I don't want to edit this episode

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bet I know which one it is!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Augus posted:

Bet I know which one it is!

It's all of them

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Just a small update. I'm switching this LP to POST COMMENTARY for the remaining episodes for reasons that will be explained. Also I'm moving house soon, but that won't really get in the way.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is it because you got stuck on a lovely level for an hour and were reduced to a drunken, incoherent mess? Because that is far from unprecedented for Sonic LPs.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Sonic is back!!!!!! In video form!!!! Again!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87RO3gwo29M

05 - Golden Boy (Missions 21-25)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

speaking of Sonic Forces, the IDW comic has been pretty decent

It's got Action!

Intrigue!

Waifus!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The modern Sonic comic is a lot like Mania in that it's entirely the work of crazy Sonic fanboys that just happen to be pretty talented and actually *get* what made Sonic good in the first place. Sega just gives basic oversight without loving everything up.

also it has some really sweet artwork

Sonic has both the worst fanbase and the best fanbase, simultaneously

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Sonrick has stolen all the entertainment from the world to monopolize in his comic.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Augus posted:

The modern Sonic comic is a lot like Mania in that it's entirely the work of crazy Sonic fanboys that just happen to be pretty talented and actually *get* what made Sonic good in the first place.

I like the chemistry Sonic has with Amy in the comic.

Sonic still isn't crazy about the idea of dating her, but she accepts that and they actually feel like friends.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sonic still isn't crazy about the idea of dating her, but she accepts that and they actually feel like friends.

lol

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Augus posted:

The modern Sonic comic is a lot like Mania in that it's entirely the work of crazy Sonic fanboys that just happen to be pretty talented and actually *get* what made Sonic good in the first place. Sega just gives basic oversight without loving everything up.

also it has some really sweet artwork

Sonic has both the worst fanbase and the best fanbase, simultaneously

I'm rather fond of the cover she did for issue 4

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

this is bullshit. i am goign to marry sonic

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought Friendzone Act 1 was bad but then came Friendzone Act 2 and I couldn't bother getting to the boss

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
is there a comic where Sonic gets tortured

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

CharlestonJew posted:

not that I recall, but Rotor does

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Does psychological torture count? Because there's a whole arc in the comics where Sonic is framed for the death of Princess Sally and then hunted down like a dog by the Mobian version of James Bond.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

not that I recall, but Rotor does

nine-gear crow posted:

Does psychological torture count? Because there's a whole arc in the comics where Sonic is framed for the death of Princess Sally and then hunted down like a dog by the Mobian version of James Bond.

lol

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
https://twitter.com/Trudermark/status/995213897505361920

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus