Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
I got my copy a few weeks back but unfortunately been too busy to play much. Still, from what I've seen so far it's good fun. We nearly wiped on the first encounter LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

plester1 posted:

Fwiw, I live in Seattle, was a late backer, ordered an add-on, and have not received any shipping notice yet.

in europe, forgot i backed it while drunk and got it in the post a few weeks back

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

CommonShore posted:

So I'm about to haul Gloomhaven over to my friends' place for the first time.

We are going to try the 5 player version, with the scaling monster levels and traps by 2. (Anyone have a more detailed version of that? A link would be great - it doesn't totally make sense to me as wouldn't that make our group of level 1 characters fighting level 3 monsters?.)

Our play group is variable, so we're going to often have people coming in and out.

And since I spent like $100 on this, I don't want to... gently caress around with a bunch of stupid rules for preserving some sanctity of the game experience. We're just going to play it and have fun, and if campaign stuff becomes a mess because we die a lot or because so and so wasn't there one week or because some other time we had 5 players. People will play different characters, and each other's characters, week to week. My only rule is going to be "no arguing about gloomhaven."

My gloomhaven box is going to become the fukken anarchy :classiclol: gloomhaven. And I look forward to it.

My lot will be doing the same thing - now that I'm back in town we'll finally get onto session 2 this week.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Let me tell you the story of the my groups first retirement, my Savvas Cragheart.
On starting out I drew the retirement goal to kill one of each of the elemental demons, which is quite appropriate. Anyway, we follow the missions from the start that lead us to kill more demons. On scenario 21 we decide to fight the prime demon instead of work for him. On that map we go to the chest chamber first, then into his. I block him in there with an obstacle while we wait for the altar to come to us, which we smash in 2 turns cos the other 2 in my party are the rogue and mindthief (I think we would have died if we tried chasing the obstacle - there were an awful lot of demons in the blocked off half of the map!). Anyway, we win and go back to Gloomhaven so I can retire.
Turns out my retirement reward was to unlock the triforce who's another Savvas

This game is cool.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Tai posted:

With Gloomhaven on the way, any recommendations on two classes that pair well from the starting choices? I’ll exclusively be playing two players.

Just pick random, go into the game blind

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
how about closing a gap with an obstacle, and the only way to the rest of the map is via a closed door? Monsters can't open doors, right?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

million dollar mack posted:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1F5YcJz4sY8tVP86cH6MS2x4np98RcPXGEM-E6CoNU1g/edit

This is a great flowchart that covers the above.

I get it, sometimes you feel like it’s too easy but there’s a balance between competent AI and AI that can be followed through for a move in less than 30 minutes. Sometimes you end up with wonky instances like the above - the game is balanced around it and if you think it’s too easy, knock it up a notch.

that is super useful, it's not laid out in a great way in the manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Or party is called 2 crude dudez. There are now 4 of us.