Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Of the 4 in our group only 1 has completed his goal (kill x of specific bad guy types) and we’re about 10 scenarios in. I have 4 quests in one region, someone else has 1 quest in each of 4 different regions, and the last has x side missions (we’ve only gotten 1 so far). I don’t know if this was just bad luck on the initial draw and also on road/city encounters or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Who else in the US had been obsessively tracking the Hamburg Bridge’s long journey across the Pacific and maybe cheered a little when it arrived in Long Beach this morning?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Any word on online retailers? I'd love to preorder a copy to gift a friend but I can't find anywhere that's doing preorders, best I've found is a restock notification on CSI but that's probably not reliable (it will probably sell out immediately before my notification triggers).

Discount Games Inc put it up for preorder today.
http://www.discountgamesinc.com/gloomhaven.html

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Sure, I’ll give it a shot.

I haven’t received my shipping notice yet! I mean, sure, I had it from the first kickstarter but we’re playing again on Saturday and I really want my dials and minis! And the second copy I ordered for a friend!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

In our group the Scoundrel was always grabbing the chests. It was kind of a thing, we weren’t mad but it was funny. Finally one scenario the Spellweaver saw his chance and bolted in to grab the chest. It was a trap

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Been F5ing the ups tracker all day and my big Gloomhaven box just arrived...containing the copy of the game I got for a friend but not my dials/minis/new rulebook. Have those odds and ends shipments gone out yet?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Countblanc posted:

All that stuff is inside the Gloomhaven box, or should be.

No, I ordered them as extras. I got the core box for myself from the first kickstarter, the box I got today was for a friend but my extras are apparently shipping separately.

Unless you’re suggesting I open my friend’s box and swipe his minis and dials, in which case i like the cut of your jib!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

food court bailiff posted:

....are you really sure they're shipping separately? The game is shipped out with stickers on the edges instead of shrink-wrapped because they have been dumping extras inside. Solo scenarios at least are definitely in mine.

e: hahahahahahaha that's incredible VVVVVV

Yeah I’m not being clear. All the stuff is inside the box I got today, which I picked up for a friend. I was hoping I’d also receive the upgrade pack for the copy of the game I got back in January from the first kickstarter.

But by the power of complaining on the Internet Isaac has just sent an update answering my question ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Question about those 3D printed monster standee things: I see you can fit two small d6s on the stand but what do you do for baddies with more than 12hp? Will tiny d20s fit in there without rolling around and losing your number?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

RENDING DRAKES

!!!

We hit them for the first time yesterday. They messed up our poo poo.
It was scenario 43, the Kill Lots Of Drakes one. We have a lvl 6,two 5s and a 3 who just started, so the level disparity was rough. The flame demons in the first room simply would not die, and then we got rushed by the Rending Drakes when we got into the second room. Our Spellweaver exhausted there m when we’d only killed 1 drake and we figured we were screwed so we decided to yolo it and just get whatever xps/gold we could. We actually ended up killing 13 of the 16 we needed - if we’d played a little more conservatively we might have been able to pull it off. An important lesson.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I used the Tampa one too and had mine super quickly (2 days to Boston). Only complaint is the elite ones are much more tan than gold/yellow but nothing a can of yellow spray paint can’t fix.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Woo! Just got my shipping notice for my kickstarter addons. Funagain does really exist!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Jagoff, Mountebank and Scoundrel Salvage & Supply

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I just unlocked and started playing Angry Face after running a Cragheart for 7 levels. It is good and fun but VERY different and everything I look at just dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

We had our first really bad fail yesterday, scenario 48. Our party is Nightshroud, Beast Tyrant, Elementalist, and Doomstalker all levels 4-5. Not enough aoe damage to clear out the hordes of imps that were cursing/poisoning us and no healing to speak of. And we positioned badly so the horseman had a target for the first 3 or 4 turns, which meant we couldn’t touch him.

Other than learning our lesson about positioning hard to one end of the map we’re not sure we can do this with the party we have. This one may have to wait.