Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I got the "complete 6 side scenarios" personal goal on my first character and eventually just said gently caress it and retired after four because everyone else in the group was already on their third character. Might just be my bad luck but side scenarios seem pretty drat rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Nice writeup.

My Brute Mindtheif Cragheart team seems like it could really use a scoundrel or spellweaver, a striker. We are barley eeking out scenarios with 'luck' or 1 person exhausted and the other too with hands of 4 cards, which if you have played means you have 2 rounds left or so and it might be time to nuke your way out. Still when we saw a Boss and its health we were shocked.

Or is it just balanced like that? keep hearing how well balanced it is.

Also I find mindthief constantly has heal 2 attached to you know, not die, instead of +2.

Yeah, scenarios are balanced pretty tightly at low levels, but once you get more items and tailored ability decks you'll probably end up with more leeway. I think all of those classes can build for pretty solid damage, but the Scoundrel makes them look like chumps in that department. She is extremely good. Doing 2 player boss fights with a scoundrel is funny because she can often one or two shot them with the right setup, due to their lower hp.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Single Tight Female posted:

Decided to start as Cragheart and have been trying to think of a cool name for him. Just had a friend over to run a random dungeon to teach him the rules and he thought the Cragheart's belt said "KYLE"

Welp.

My favorite thing about the Gloomhaven community is occasionally seeing people misspell it as the Craigheart. So I'd go with that.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I ordered the hp/xp dials, since the 1.0 system for tracking them was traaash, and haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. Not that I'm too anxious about it.