Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
This looks like an absolute trip.

Middle names so far: Cleaning, Plunger, Carpet, Traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Well that sure was a thing that happened.

This game is bizarre in a way that doesn't actually feel fun or interesting.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

NGDBSS posted:

I'm reminded of the Old Man Murray essay on how adventure games didn't just die but instead committed elaborate suicide. Their example was the disguise puzzle from one of the Gabriel Knight games, but honestly that seems tepid compared to the raving non sequitur that is this entire game.

"raving non-sequiturs" is right. These aren't puzzles, they're arbitrary matching games with no consistency or logic.

As is typical, really.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It has a different taste.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Cathode Raymond posted:

Granny encountered a harmless and cheerful bee man and immediately proceeded to destroy his world with a cannon, trapping him between pieces of his now-broken garden paradise, presumably leaving him there to die if in fact he can die.

Before she left, though, she slapped him a few times and took his breakfast cereal, which she didn’t know she needed for anything.

Granny is not the best video game villain but she’s definitely the meanest.

This is immediately after she knocked out two grown men, causing possible brain damage.

It's her new approach!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Is it me, or were parts of that episode actually pretty good? The writing picked up around the elevator, it was actually coherent and kind of funny.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The dialogue is just so bad! It's like they wrote an outline before designing the puzzles, then didn't go back and fill in the words before recording. There's been like two whole coherent and relevant sentences between all the updates so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
We made it! That's it! We're done!

Normally I'd thank you for doing the LP but I think I'm just happy the suffering is over.

It has a different taste.

• Locked thread