Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Oh my god, yes. Ever since that episode of Ross's Game Dungeon about this game, I've been quite curious to see this game in all of its glory.

Granny is such an amazing protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

"Dementia" doesn't describe this game well. It's just full blown insanity.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

This game has the best lines.

"Plant... Plant what? Plant my foot in your rear end."
"And you look like... oh my god, you look like you!"
"Strange. Books in a library? Go figure."

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

I love this game. This kind of incoherency that infuriates other people is something that just leaves me in awe. This was a game that was made by multiple people, working together to create this insanity, and then ship as an actual physical release on five loving CDs. Somebody had a *vision* here. And it's not like this is something that was just slapped together. There are actual production values here.

There was a major effort in putting together this insanely stupid, insanely incoherent, insanely frustrating mess. And that fascinates me. As long as I don't have to play it, I'm all for it.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

There's something really special about some of these lines. I mean, thinking about it, a lot of them really are just raving non-sequiturs, but something about the way they're pulled off just works for me. Lines like "Yes, I remember Oscar. Where am I?" or "Hey, this is not a treasure map. It's just a route to a box of gold. There is neither a way to my recipe book on this map or to a store that sells spices."

To me, they straddle the line between "complete and utter lunacy" and "doddering old woman obsessed with getting her invaluable recipe book back, drat the consequences" just right.

But I might just be hypnotized by this game's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

You know, out of all the things I didn't expect out of this game, actually pointing out that Granny just keeps adding middle names to her name was one of the things I expected the least.

In the end, I enjoyed this LP, and I enjoyed seeing this game. Chalk me up for brain damage, I guess.

• Locked thread