Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 14 - Stop Calling Me

I'm not going to say the chopper fight COULDN'T have gone better, but I didn't die :colbert: Also this is finally the end of our backlog from November, the next episode will be recorded on sunday :v:

poo poo, Grace. He's dead? RUN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Also, how does Chuck kill a helicopter during a zombie apocalypse?

CRAAAAAAAAAAANES!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm disappointed by any attempt to escape via chopper with your loot for the bad guy to not fall out of the helicopter, get crushed by their loot, and THEN have the helicopter fall on them.

On the OTHER hand. I've not seen a helicopter taken out by throwing safety cones, so I'll call this a win.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Come ON! My joke HAS to at least win SOME love for being topical!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Samizdata posted:

Here you go:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
What happened to the rest of the Undertale videos, anyway?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

Here you go:

[claps like Grace getting to mock Danaru's insomnia consequence-free]

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Samizdata posted:

We both rate your joke a close second to Grace's vegan zombie joke, and uncountably better than the "professional comedian"s jokes :v:

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

What happened to the rest of the Undertale videos, anyway?

The Elgato hosed up the recording so hard that it kept skipping ahead by seconds and making GBS threads itself :saddowns: if you remember this incredibly broken Dokapon episode, it was broken similar to that except WAY worse, it wouldn't go more than five seconds without glitching poo poo and dying on us.

We've learned to start rebooting his shitbox of a laptop and thoroughly examine the first episode of anything we record now. Fortunately the end of Undertale recorded mostly okay and looked fine with some editing. The audio balance is still poo poo though :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Also how the hell is nobody giving me props for presciently dodging that Trump-supporter's snipe :mad: Even if the game crashed seconds later

I'm both very drunk and rewatching the episode in anticipation for playing tomorrow, we're gonna try real hard to beat the game tomorrow! Grace thinks we will but he doesn't know uhhh what happens later

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danaru posted:

Also how the hell is nobody giving me props for presciently dodging that Trump-supporter's snipe :mad: Even if the game crashed seconds later

I'm both very drunk and rewatching the episode in anticipation for playing tomorrow, we're gonna try real hard to beat the game tomorrow! Grace thinks we will but he doesn't know uhhh what happens later

Well, had you freaking MURDERED all of them already, it wouldn't have had to happen...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 15 - It's Not Radical At All!

This is the first episode of the final session! Also the first episode recorded since early november/late october! That backlog lasted a surprisingly long time

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

To be fair to you guys 'gently caress fascism' is sort of on peoples' minds right now.

Also if Tom Hanks shows up and is like 'Hey I'm gonna be in your movie' would you say no?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Night10194 posted:

To be fair to you guys 'gently caress fascism' is sort of on peoples' minds right now.

Also if Tom Hanks shows up and is like 'Hey I'm gonna be in your movie' would you say no?

It depends. Is he a fascist?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Samizdata posted:

It depends. Is he a fascist?

Don't even joke about that, after 2017 I think I'll drop dead if I find out Tom Hanks or Betty White are bad people :saddowns:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Danaru posted:

Don't even joke about that, after 2017 I think I'll drop dead if I find out Tom Hanks or Betty White are bad people :saddowns:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/930440959736926208

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
When the apocalypse happens, sometimes it is the little things in life that keep you going.

Like promoting Mother Daughter sniper rifle bonding :unsmith:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Section Z posted:

When the apocalypse happens, sometimes it is the little things in life that keep you going.

Like promoting Mother Daughter sniper rifle bonding :unsmith:

And the planning of a family for Tiger Daughter! So sweet!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 16 - Time For Orb

This somehow isn't the worst rescue I've seen

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

My hot take is that Dan is in fact extremely bad at the hit videogame Dead Rising 2.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe I was called out as not the biggest fan after previously being called out as the biggest fan. Have I not been pestering Dan enough or something? Should I bring up the Dead by Daylight thing again?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Something makes me think Dan wouldn't be so bad if he could play sober...

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

It's been a while since I played, but isn't there an orb in the main courtyard area?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's OK Dan, we still love you.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Yeah, man. Don't ditch the LPs. Stay with us!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
More 'God as a teenage girl' impressions please.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 17 - I Want To Go To Red Panda's House

This isn't even the last time in this LP that we lose progress from a technical issue :cripes: At the very least we DID manage to finish the game this session!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 18 - ELECTROGQEFFF

We finally find out the truth behind the outbreak! And also the game crashes again :cripes: I don't think it's ever crashed before doing the LP

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 18 - ELECTROGQEFFF

We finally find out the truth behind the outbreak! And also the game crashes again :cripes: I don't think it's ever crashed before doing the LP

Jesus orb!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fun Pontious Pilate Facts! He was eventually recalled from being governor of Judea because he was considered too brutal and kill-happy with the population. Considering the Romans once responded to a slave rebellion by lining a highway with crucified victims, you'd have to be pretty brutal to be too brutal for them.

Thus, the liklihood that he actually lost much sleep over sentencing a local preacher to death was pretty low and that part of the gospels is probably a bit of an addition to appeal to later Roman audiences as converts as well as try to mitigate the fact that Jesus' death was in a manner that would've been seen as reserved for a serious enemy of the state.

This has been Fun Pontious Pilate Facts.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Also Longinus didn't killed Christ, he stabbed him to determine that he was dead, which would have been unusual since it usually took days to die from cruxifixction as your lungs fill up with carbon dioxide.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 19 - Where. Is. Katey.

We weren't shirtless, but this is a sufficient enough hand-to-hand battle on top of something tall. The climactic arena of true warriors :colbert:

ALSO I REAL FUCKIN' HATE TK

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe I keep getting called out for not watching LPs that I am in fact watching. What did I ever do to Grace to deserve this?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I really, really wanted my shirtless fistfight with zombie Volgin in MGSV :smith:

Also now I wish there was a Co-Op Yakuza for you and Grace to manly punch your way through.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Too bad for Sullivan, Dan is actually an expert at using Fultons to send things to space. So now only half of him went to space.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

I can't believe I keep getting called out for not watching LPs that I am in fact watching. What did I ever do to Grace to deserve this?

I think he's just still surprised you didn't ghost us after what we did to your shadow of memories LP

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's like a giant shaving razor but what you're shaving is limbs so you can collect the pure, unspoiled torsos.

I hope you get to use it on TK

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 20 - Dan Fights A Giant loving rear end in a top hat

So uh this might not be timed right, I've worked so many night shifts that I completely lost track of what time and date it is, but it feels like it's been a while since the last episode, so here it is!

Now that I look at it, it's only been a day, but you know what? It's the GRAND FINALE baby! And you GOTTA BE WILLING TO RISK IT ALL IF YOU'RE EVER REALLY GONNA...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 20 - Dan Fights A Giant loving rear end in a top hat

So uh this might not be timed right, I've worked so many night shifts that I completely lost track of what time and date it is, but it feels like it's been a while since the last episode, so here it is!

Now that I look at it, it's only been a day, but you know what? It's the GRAND FINALE baby! And you GOTTA BE WILLING TO RISK IT ALL IF YOU'RE EVER REALLY GONNA...

MISS DROPKICKS...A LOT!

Seriously, that was a blast. I had a chance to try out a PC copy way back when it was shiny and new, and it ran SO badly, I never even finished TiR.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Hitting pause in the middle of a smashathone. A true sign of investment or my life is a lie.

Catching you mid elbow drop was some loving bullshit. Too bad for TK he couldn't do it twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...you know, it really says something that after the first game where the zombies were some kind of ironic punishment for factory farming for profit, the august luminaries of the free world have just equated zombies and profit directly.

Late-stage capitalism: not even once.

• Locked thread