Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Glazius posted:

...you know, it really says something that after the first game where the zombies were some kind of ironic punishment for factory farming for profit, the august luminaries of the free world have just equated zombies and profit directly.

Late-stage capitalism: not even once.

Dead Rising is a legit satire, as ridiculous as it is, by an outsider looking in.

Also it says scary things about the world that we look at it and kind of go 'yeah this is about how business would treat zombism.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
For all the extremely silly, goofy, campy nonesense Dead Rising is, it does sometimes hit the 'gruesome' and 'despair' notes that a real horror production does. From people becoming insane and doing disgusting things to people, to the rescue party being *immediately* run over. It can be goofy and silly, but it takes itself absolutely straight, and I appreciate it for that.

Great LP, lots of fun. Dead Rising 1 is a lot clunkier and harder to play than 2, and Survivors are a lot harder to handle, it's hard to recommend playing a fresh new save file (instead of newgame+ with levels.) Or you could just play DR2: Off the Record.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

This was an amazing LP of one of my favorite games. I'm so sorry you had to go through the whole thing without unlocking the hilariously overpowered jump kick.

• Locked thread