Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
As a turbo-nerd who does this kind of thing for money in the summer, I appreciate this thread.

That's me in my 1867 British 1's with a Snider-Enfield (breech-loading conversion of the P53 Enfield,) please ignore my cartouche strap being way too lose. I've always kind of been curious about getting my hands on a set of Civil War union kit to see how it compares because that's who we would have been defending against at the fort I work at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

McNally posted:

What fort is that? I reenacted the Battle of Ridgeway at Old Fort Erie last summer.

Fort Henry, which while a really nice fort was never attacked so there's nothing significant for reenactments around here. We mostly focus on the precision drill and fire at imaginary Americans instead.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

McNally posted:

With Snider-Enfields? You guys are 50 years late to that party.

The story goes that half the reason our unit does 1867 is because in the 1930s they found a giant cache of Snider-Enfields formerly of the Canadian militia for us to use. I've never actually loaded anything from the muzzle or used percussion caps so I'm also assuming our blanks are a lot simpler to use, too, which is nice :v:

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

You look really sharp in that. Also that kit looks really expensive.

Since it's a paid job and not volunteer reenacting there's a QM who has a giant stock of all kinds of different uniforms. Having seen the sheets with the values on them, they're really expensive, I think we import our shackos and tunics from England.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 16, 2017

• Locked thread