Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

I pray for a color palette that will not come.
Hey, nice to see someone finally LPing this game!

Have some Photoshop I've had lying around for a week or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

Nah, that'd be too easy. There needs to be more adventure game moon logic in it. Like grabbing a crowbar, prying the letters from the pen, and then holding it 45 degrees to the sun outside to cast a shadow on the ground.

Something like that.

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

tomanton posted:

I know this plotline eventually gets resolved, but had completely forgot about this scene. Is there anyone in the hotel that you don't confront? Helen? :psyduck:

Don't quote me on this, but I think there's one or two people you don't confront.

Pyre of Word Salsa fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 4, 2018

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

The Secret Word of The Secret Word is...

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

Kyle "definitely not a cop" Hyde has a reputation to keep up in New Game +.

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

So I'm running Hotel Dusk with a couple of buddies myself, and I ended up making this:

And then this, which was made after everyone decided to dunk on Melissa during her confrontation scene:

Edit: This also featured after we realized Hotel Dusk takes place in 1979 and Umineko: When They Cry takes place in 1986:

Pyre of Word Salsa fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 19, 2018

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's hard to talk about the sequel when we haven't finished this yet. Kyle is still the main character, at least, and the general atmosphere is the same.

This, pretty much. All I can say right now is that Last Window takes place in 1980 (Hotel Dusk takes place in 1979). Saying any more than that starts infringing a bit too close to spoiler territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

EagerSleeper posted:

Kevin is okay in my book. He's just depressed and feeling guilty. It's the either Martin or that one kid who stole his dad's money and tried to blame it on us (I can't remember his name for the life of me) that are my personal least favorite among the bunch.

Martin and Jeff are pretty low scumbags. Kevin is at least understandable and relatable (especially given how prevalent depression is), but I'd still say that he should've placed more priority on his kid than getting shitfaced. Especially given the fact that she wandered off, got herself locked inside of a hotel room with no lighting, and he probably didn't know about it.

Pyre of Word Salsa fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 12, 2018

• Locked thread