Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
As much as that tripped me up the first time, I really enjoy that showing stuff you're not suppose to have on you to Dunning gets you a game over. it's a nice bit of realism in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's me. I am the angry guy who suspects anyone who talks to me while I'm eating of wanting my food.

This is why I can't get mad at dogs who growl at you for pulling their bowl away. It's my first reaction as well.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure why I enjoy games where you get deeper into people's lives like this.

And I'm not sure there's a good explanation for a child Melissa's age for why her mother went away. At least nothing that'll make sense to her and be solid enough to be accepted.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ok kid, back away from the door. It's time to kick it down and be a hero!

and then tell Dunning that it just fell apart like that :ninja:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

tomanton posted:

I know this plotline eventually gets resolved, but had completely forgot about this scene. Is there anyone in the hotel that you don't confront? Helen? :psyduck:

It's those old cop/point & click protag instincts, everyone gotta get thrown unto the interrogation room and get interacted with in every way!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For someone who complains about getting involved in other people's business, you sure stick your nose into things Hyde.

Also, I love Silent Moon, it's that right dose of contemplative as well as melancholic for a detective.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

1234567890num posted:

Also, on an unrelated note, it is now the end of chapter 3 and there's been no game over banner suggested. I really recommend making one, or else I will be forced to use the lovely one I made in literally 2 minutes:

Stealing this for my Hyde/Dunning fanfic website

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

1234567890num posted:

...um... okay. :raise: I don't think it's good but sure. Go ahead.

Well, I guess I'll just use that one. At least for now.

Was attempting to crack a joke since it's rainbow color + 2 dudes. My sense of humor is cracked at best though.

Martin's blowing up here, at least coming through the first time, always seemed out of the blue. It always seemed like human instinct to browse through a book they found, especially if it was a package that got delivered and they don't know why.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
At least on some of the dialog in the Worst Timeline, you can tell it's not Kyle being mean, but just shooting his mouth off before thinking about what he's saying. Which let's face it, a lot of us do from time to time, especially in the heat of the moment.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Too bad we don't have access to Jeff's room. just dump the cash under his mattress and let Dunning toss him out

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
obviously Dunning stole the money, look how easy he is to bribe!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mycelia posted:

Also, I'd forgotten just how quickly Hyde starts unpicking every other guest's deepest darkest secrets. :allears:

It's kinda great to watch happen. At the start he's this grumpy unhappy guy, and you can tell that he's a detective from the way he seems almost happy to be chasing down clues and solving mysteries. He's the type of guy who can't stop pulling at threads, even if he unravels his shirt.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Definitely screenshot, if it's not too much trouble.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
GEEEEET WRECKED SON

I love this part of the story, this little snot has been begging to be dunked on, and it's about to go down hard.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hyde is just having a heck of a night at this hotel. Usually mine involves a lot of book reading as opposed to running errands.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

1234567890num posted:

To be fair, most people don't ask others about their past when staying in a hotel.

I would if the hotel bar prices weren't a pain in the wallet. I like stories, which is probably why I love this game.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
drat Kyle, you don't mince words. But hopefully gets his poo poo together after this. Lessons for everyone: don't hide poo poo from your partner, you gotta have that trust

I'm surprised his malpractice insurance didn't pay out, I'd be pretty pissed about that. I wonder if he showed up drunk at the OR, or if the drinking started afterwards.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How can you bowl secretly?!

Louie is one of those guys who always tells you how "yea, it's fine, he knows a dude, it's all cool" and thinks his plans will A) never fail; and B) he can talk his way out of anything.

It's kind of adorable until they get your rear end thrown into the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thank you for sharing this amazing game with us. Hotel Dusk is still a favorite, even if it's a little clunky in it's interface.

Do you think Mila staying, or going with Kyle, is the best ending out of curiosity?

• Locked thread