Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Played this when it came out, I remember everything except Kyle Hyde being kind of mediocre but the game was more than the sum of its parts and I was really into it by the end. Looking forward to experiencing it all over again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Going off this and my vague memories of playing ten years ago, can you really sass Iris/and then talk your way out of the trouble for basically the entire game?

tomanton fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 3, 2017

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
No wonder I didn't remember how the game went from Hyde bumbling around the hotel to confronting people, that was pretty out of the blue.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
One more thing I forgot: do the earlier red auras make confrontations for that character harder down the line?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I know this plotline eventually gets resolved, but had completely forgot about this scene. Is there anyone in the hotel that you don't confront? Helen? :psyduck:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Poor Helen. I never did with a NG+, why again are some of Kyle's dialogue options way ruder (besides your choices)?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
If only. Jeff's a jackass and I've forgotten most of this story arc too, but not his dumb antics.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
And here I thought Jeff was on deck at this point, but now we have another confrontation out of the blue. Get him, Kyle :munch:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Oh okay, I forgot this part because in the midst of a half-dozen slow burn plotlines, Hyde finds out Summer is a plagiarist in the span of 30 minutes, puts the screws to him and then leaves.

At least it reinforces what a principled person Hyde is, and Summer might still be a better person than Jeff!

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
With screenshots, please. :munch:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm guessing the pieces are starting to come together somehow, Jeff "Angel", Osterzone's painting "Angel opening a door", the angel doll Melissa had, what other Angel references am I missing?
Louie called Mila an angel, Melissa called her mom an angel. A bit superficial next to someone being killed over a painting, but references all the same!

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
There was this rom-com cyoa game for the DS called SPRUNG that, while nowhere near as deep as Hotel Dusk, let you lose immediately by pepper spraying anyone at any time. In fact I don't think there was any use for the pepper spray besides getting game overs. I think it's a big missed opportunity that Kyle can't just shoot anyone in the leg, give some smarmy non-excuse and then get kicked out.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Seeya, Jeff.

Does any of the confrontation dialogue vary from NG to NG+? I ask because I was going over the soundtrack on Youtube and the lines people were spoiling (as always) weren't a one to one match with what's played out so far.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I thought this was the part you go drinking with Louie, but I guess that's still coming, and instead I got to experience Kyle being Kyle for the first time all over again. :allears:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

1234567890num posted:

Turns out we do confront Helen.
poo poo! Maybe it's Iris. Or Rosa.

But yeah, by this point in the game I remember thinking everyone in the hotel was connected to either angels, Nile, or eachother. Some of those connections are stronger than others. Also I had no idea you could game over by botching the wine label, how the heck will that happen? Kyle isn't up to any mischief (I assume), Rosa outsourced.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I did play this once upon a time, but since I've been wrong before and I don't think anyone else took a stab all week I thiiiiiiiink Kevin is next? I remember Kyle getting to the bottom of the whole Melissa's mom thing, but not what kicks it off.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Ahh, here was the more wholesome drinking scene with Louie I remembered. I don't remember the bowling though so that ought to be good.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

1234567890num posted:

Yes, you're correct. :toot:
booya

In the end I'd say I remember a lot less about this game than I thought I did, and I draw a complete blank from here to the climax, so game on. :munch:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
The descriptions aren't spoilery now but it may be inevitable for the tracks saved for the endgame.

I don't remember where Hitting the Pavement plays either, but according to the LP it was when helping Melissa with a puzzle. Maybe it comes up again later in a more meaningful scene?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I forgot all about the bowling, and evidently that Rosa is married to Barry Burton. At least I was able to relive it in some newer, crisper screenshot format (thanks).

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
What the hell is all this poo poo? I remember the big reveal but I forgot about all this? :munch:

And I knew someone from Red Crown headed home after some point in the game, but I could have sworn it was Ed, not Rachel. Also can't help wondering where the game is going to fit in the rest of that sidequest.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
So that's why he was so eager to kick us out of the hotel? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Probably would have played out like Trace Memories or whatever that game on the island is called, or Gone Home.

• Locked thread