Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Why go directly at a target when you can skitter around and attack from the side?

said every crab ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Hmm

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

MC Hawking posted:

Why go directly at a target when you can skitter around and attack from the side?

said every crab ever.

The Pentagon could really benefit from taking a page out of a crab’s playbook!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Have a spindly creepy rear end SPIDER CRAB

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The YETI CRAB is in desperate need of a shave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwa_hirsuta

For real though this is why Pick threads owned when they were about random animals instead of how she scared a crippled man under a truck by desperately wanting to have sex with him.

Animal threads own good job OP.

Also I tried to find a picture of a gigantic battle crab or something similar because hell yeah but I came up pretty much empty. The scifi world is apparently too hung up on spider stuff to think of the humble crab.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

crabs are loving disgusting op

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a real rude dude posted:

crabs are loving disgusting op

Nah. They're cool, tough as hell, and delicious. Like look at that crab gif on the first page. That dude ripped his own arm off and was just like "I DON'T GIVE A gently caress, SCREW THIS GAY rear end ARM" and at the same time he's also prolly delicious to eat.

E: This crab:

We should all aspire to be as badass as this crab.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 16, 2017

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I like crabs; on that same sort of topic though, have ya'll seen that portia spider that hunts other spiders? poo poo is insane.

I like spiders too though so...

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

they're disgusting crunchy spiders that stink

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a real rude dude posted:

All arthropods are crunchy dude. It's called an exoskeleton.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

a real rude dude posted:

But the portia spiders are so cute :3

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

earth would be so much better if everything with more than four legs died forever

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a real rude dude posted:

earth would be so much better if everything with more than four legs died forever

The entire global ecosystem would collapse and everything would die. Including almost all herbivores since most of the key pollinators for plants fall in that group of 4+ legged creatures!

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

a real rude dude posted:

As long as cats can be the exception to that rule.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Honky Dong Country posted:

The entire global ecosystem would collapse and everything would die.

correct

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Nihilism isn't as edgy as the internet has led you to believe, my dude. Most people get over that in high school or college at the worst.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I love crabs. They are a mix of lobsters, roaches, and spiders. What's not to like?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Pshhhh...crabs...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
🦀

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxrMlLw_Tyg

We're crab people now!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
A crab makes beach balls using a machine in his throat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CrsQW05Riw&t=200s

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

you're gonna get fat and sleepy but alright

Goonerousity
Sep 25, 2017

aww yeah
When i was in grade school i was taught that there are huge crabs and worms, like 10ft large, under volcanic stuff thats cooled by the ocean, but you cant eat them because of sulfur content.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

bitmap posted:

you're gonna get fat and sleepy but alright

Those are tasty CARBS.
We're talking CRABS here. The scuttling kind, I guess. I would eat all of those carbs.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS9eldWOoZ8

this just seems cruel to crabs :(

I don't think I like this guy

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
yo

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Goonerousity posted:

When i was in grade school i was taught that there are huge crabs and worms, like 10ft large, under volcanic stuff thats cooled by the ocean, but you cant eat them because of sulfur content.

I'm gonna fukkin eat them crabs anyway ain't no godamn element gonna tell me what to do!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
crabbin' around
the crabmas tree
it's a crabby holiday
everyone's crabby
you and me
let's eat some shrimps

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

my penis is small and smells of crabs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lmao if you don't eat the poo poo out of any crab or lobster or shrimp or whatever because it has too many legs

Dip it in butter and move on imo

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Lmao if you don't eat the poo poo out of any crab or lobster or shrimp or whatever because it has too many legs

Dip it in butter and move on imo

I see your bet and I’ll up the ante and lmao to anyone who bitches out and won’t eat the carapace too :madmax:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m completely allergic to shellfish and seafood, I would never eat an ocean friend, but crabs are like tuff little sand Knights, riding around on the beach and getting into fights because they are cool

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bust Rodd posted:

crabs are like tuff little sand Knights, riding around on the beach and getting into fights because they are cool
My thoughts exactly. Combative little scavengers. The most human of a sealife. (Octupus are badly overrated, smart does not equal human, being an angry dick is to be human)

Further example, in tanks crabs will fight to the death if they do not have 1squre foot of space to themselves. Unless, that is, you pack them in to a high density where nobody has any space at all, then they can get along fine. Crabs even have that rural vs. urban divide where putting them in the suburbs drives them mad and they get arrested for jealously loving up someones lawn/seaweed.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

shadow puppet of a posted:

My thoughts exactly. Combative little scavengers. The most human of a sealife. (Octupus are badly overrated, smart does not equal human, being an angry dick is to be human)

Further example, in tanks crabs will fight to the death if they do not have 1squre foot of space to themselves. Unless, that is, you pack them in to a high density where nobody has any space at all, then they can get along fine. Crabs even have that rural vs. urban divide where putting them in the suburbs drives them mad and they get arrested for jealously loving up someones lawn/seaweed.

Troof. Even in my tank, one crab had been checking out a shell for a while and was prepared to move into it, then a slightly larger crab came by, shoved him out of the way, checked out the shell, and moved in. You could feel the passive aggressive fury boiling over in the smaller crab as it helplessly watched this all take place.

loving chad-crabs...

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ContraBoss posted:

Troof. Even in my tank, one crab had been checking out a shell for a while and was prepared to move into it, then a slightly larger crab came by, shoved him out of the way, checked out the shell, and moved in. You could feel the passive aggressive fury boiling over in the smaller crab as it helplessly watched this all take place.

loving chad-crabs...

Lmao owned bitch

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Salty Josh posted:

As long as cats can be the exception to that rule.

How many legs you think a cat got?

naem
May 29, 2011

Salty Josh posted:

I like crabs; on that same sort of topic though, have ya'll seen that portia spider that hunts other spiders? poo poo is insane.

I like spiders too though so...

https://youtu.be/Ed_st3z0kXo

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suTygXnsf4c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
You can buy plush crab souvenirs at either of Maryland's really quite nice rest stops.