Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Leperflesh posted:

yeah and the crab will be rid of them when she moults (until more come along) and I dunno how you'd remove them without potentially damaging the shell

but still it was a nice thing to try to do I guess

Unless the sheer number of barnacles make it harder to molt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Playstacean

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

In case anyone else was wondering where the word came from:

quote:

crab (n.1)

popular name for a stalk-eyed, short-tailed, ten-legged crustacean, Middle English crabbe, from Old English crabba, from Proto-Germanic *krabbo- (source also of Dutch krab, Old High German krebiz, German Krabbe, Old Norse krabbi "crab"), related to Low German krabben, Dutch krabelen "to scratch, claw," said to be from PIE root *gerbh- "to scratch, carve" (see carve). French crabe (13c.) is from Germanic, probably Old Norse. 

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bored posted:

I saved both all of them. It turned out that bing create is doing weird poo poo and has decided anything I enter is verboten. I probably didn’t clear the history in the right place or something. Did you enter cannoli oil for the gas can?

It's CAINLOIE :colbert:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It'd be a good title for a metal album.