Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I owned this crab.

It was an excellent pet.

Other crabs I have nonspecific admiration of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bust Rodd posted:

crabs are like tuff little sand Knights, riding around on the beach and getting into fights because they are cool
My thoughts exactly. Combative little scavengers. The most human of a sealife. (Octupus are badly overrated, smart does not equal human, being an angry dick is to be human)

Further example, in tanks crabs will fight to the death if they do not have 1squre foot of space to themselves. Unless, that is, you pack them in to a high density where nobody has any space at all, then they can get along fine. Crabs even have that rural vs. urban divide where putting them in the suburbs drives them mad and they get arrested for jealously loving up someones lawn/seaweed.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mak0rz posted:

let me know if you want to see more 🦀

https://i.imgur.com/vCXNDnN.mp4

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mak0rz posted:

Thank you. How did you do that?

I just pasted in the bare url with the mp4 extension and hit post. I had no idea it would be that easy.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bagsack posted:

the ones with super long legs or spines make me feel p uncomfortable.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Improbable Lobster posted:

sea spiders are real tiny

35 inches of sea spider is nothing to gently caress with.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Me and a crab waiting for more crab photos like

:jp:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

a real rude dude posted:

more like craps

Early 90's TV chefs pronouncing "crab" like "crap" is one of my top ten favourite things in this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh0TydXEImY&t=382s

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Dregs posted:

I spent way too much money for way too long in the reef tank hobby. The worst part is that what really brought me the most joy in my various reeftanks was watching the armies of cheap little hermit crabs you put in there to clean things. These guys are like 3/dollar. They spend their days loving each other up, shell jacking each other's homes, and scaling the rockwork, performing death-defying acts of mountain climbing, which almost always leads to them falling.

Now I want another reeftank.

Showpiece fish are the worst. If its not just there to be snipped and snapped at by lil' claws then its sea garbage.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Dregs posted:

Seriously you assholes have me looking up liveaquaria.com i don't need this.

Pretty good stats on their $3.99 special fiddler crabs

$3.69/ea if you buy a dozen. That is a fantastic rate. Crab it up dude.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Alibaba is basically the crab holocaust museum.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

the black husserl posted:

one of my favorite pieces of art is all crabs

ai weiwei - river crab

Wasn't the word "river crab" banned on Chinese social media last year for being sound-alike with a government corruption?

All I'm saying is, modern art is a racket, Ai Weiwei is a hack and those good lil crabs died for no useful purpose.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

the black husserl posted:

those are individually handcrafted porcelain crabs

ya'll are stupid lol

That makes it worse because it means Ai was once again exploiting his art degree grad labor force of interns and hangers-on in a cruel porcelain mill rather than having the guts to kill a thousand crabs himself.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I always read the thread title as those "Farmers Only!" commercials. Where the thread is a place for crabs to chat and hookup with eachother but its ok if you aren't a crab and are just into them for your own creepy reasons.

Well done.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mak0rz posted:

Molting looks like a lot of hard work but I bet it feels real satisfying. We lowly vertebrates will never know what it's like.

You can take a particular steroid that makes the soles of your feet come off in one large cast of dead skin.

It must be pretty close.

(I've always wanted to try it)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mak0rz posted:

no thank you

don't downplay the beauty of the human molting process.

Imagine walking on soft carpet with that fresh new footskin. You'd climax for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8qJFr52BsY

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I wish every single one of those crabs a long, healthy and happy life.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Crabs are the Selena Gomez' of the multi-legged animal kingdom. Even when you know they are ragged and gross and strung out, they are still kinda cute because of the big head, and big expressive baby-like eyes.

Spiders are the Taylor Swift, where the appendages are too long for its head, the eyes are small and angry even if she's dressed up in a onesie at a children's charity, you instinctively can feel the danger and venom sacs concealed behind the segmented eyes and defensive hairs.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The video that follows yours leaves me with so many questions.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The worst part about being a crab fan is when the spider lovers show up.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ContraBoss posted:

When I die, I want my corpse dropped in the ocean, smack dab in the middle of crab country so that one minute one is daintily picking at my ears, and then then next thing you know three crabs are fighting over my dead balls.
Same, but it has to be cold near-arctic water though so I'd not rot through before they could enjoy the best, inner parts of me.

I would make such an excellent meal for crabs. So much calorie rich fat and cholesterol for them to snip and nibble at.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMxuEnZavMg

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

He wanted a hug.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

What a wonderful techno-future we live in.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mak0rz posted:

you can't be both an ecdysozoan and a vertebrate you dummy

Quoting this so people in the future know you are homodysophobic scum.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

wrongtherad!
lovec rabs

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

gender illusionist posted:

If crabs don't want to be eaten, why are they so delicious?
Clearly there are no answers to be had here.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'd prefer it be recognized that horseshoe crabs are the pineapples of the crab world, having nothing to do with their given name.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Please rename him so as not to damage his self esteem.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

RIP

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Dr. Tom Bailey is basically the Hugh Hefner of crab photography.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Spinster posted:

This reminds me of a family story that got told every few years by ( or on) my great-Uncle Bob.
Thought for sure it was going to be about a J/O sesh bonanza but that story is even sadder. Poor bob & poor crabs that lived only to become trash.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Eugene is beautiful.

Please let her pinch you and film it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Start with a skin tag and just train your body up into it. You'll quickly adapt.