Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

I might be wrong but hasn't poo poo like this been proven for wrestlers in the past (Benoit etc). I doubt this will be the downfall of the NFL. They will just force a load of changes if it proves to be an epidemic.

The downfall of the NFL is when this information becoming more and more public, and is read by parents. The league won't cease to exist but the sport as a whole is going to see a significant drop in youth participation, which then means less players in the NFL's free minor league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

except for youth soccer.

Research still not 100% conclusive but evidence points to heading being risky behaviour

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/schooled_in_sports/2015/07/hbo_real_sports_puts_youth-soccer_headers_under_the_microscope.html

Yeah there's a few youth leagues around here that don't allow heading the ball until like junior high age.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm just hoping baseball becomes more popular again.

making sure the games don't need 6 hours to complete would be a good start

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Yeah... fights are a part of hockey, but for how long?

They've been gone from the college game for years now and I gotta be honest, I have not missed them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fighting in the NHL seems way down from where it's been in like the 80s and 90s. Someone less lazy than me could look up the number of fighting majors.

• Locked thread