Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

So, is the latest expansion worth 20$? I kind of want to start an Ottomans game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Groke posted:

I think for my first real CoC game I'm going to try the good old Ottomans and see how much more challenging they've been made.

Then after that, an honest Byzantium run? I've been seeing reports of AI Byzantium surviving in the wild so it must be more feasible again to do so as a player. (Yes, I've succeeded at pulling off the Negroponte/Corfu trap strategy in the previous version and that's fun enough, but.)

I am doing an Ottomans ironman run too. In 1445 Poland chose to appoint a local noble instead.

:getin:

Also expanding towards the middle East isn't a piece of cake anymore. Not hard of course, but not having free cores (and a big strong mamluks) slows you down a lot in the beginning with AE, rebels and admin costs

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 17, 2017

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Groke posted:

Well, that was helpful of them.

Yeah me and Muscovy will make sure to send baskets of flowers and chocolates to thank them.

Our stacks of 30k angry soldiers will be carrying the baskets, nothing to be alarmed about, it's tradition

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

As the Ottomans, should I just be in constant war against everyone and blob like a madman for the first hundred years? Because it feels so good. It's 1480 and I am bordering the mamluks and hungary already, feeding my march Crimea some steppe land while waiting out truces.

Having a 6/2/2 heir I went for humanism as my first idea - looking forward to zero rebels ever and more accepted cultures.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

skasion posted:

I haven’t been keeping track of the changes to it, is Aristocratic a decent pick now or are Defensive/Offensive/Quality still way better?

oddium posted:

it still sucks and offensive/quantity/quality are way better

Yes but it has a little merit now. +1 siege pips as a finisher is good, extra manpower and diplomats never hurt. I would rank it as fourth choice after offensive, defensive and quality, and take it if you don't particularly need extra pips, combat ability or morale (Prussia, Commonwealth or France spring to mind)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

With this new patch it seems England doesn't always gobble up Scotland and Ireland, in my game Scotland is actually slowly eating them and Ireland is fiercely independent.

Also in my previous game USA broke free from England in 1700 or so, maybe even earlier. I like it when England fails, for some reason

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Well it also means that they spend a bunch more years embroiled in wars, which should prevent them from conquering new stuff

But yeah seems making big nations release smaller ones isn't the best plan if the ai is so smart about it

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Groogy posted:

but I like discontent sown :(
Used it a lot in MP

It would be cool if the AI didn't literally spam you with it the second it expires. From the very moment it gets unlocked, you're guaranteed to be at +2 unrest until 1821 since your rivals have robot memory and instant reactions, and that's... sort of lazy

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Fister Roboto posted:

Army professionalism and drilling is a dumb, uninteresting mechanic that is basically an attention tax on the player.

Same can be said about estates, but people rave on about estates because they can get 50MP every 20 years if you remember to do it - and yeah I know it can be 100MP but they have to be loyal AND influential which either you have not much control over, or you have to pay some way or another to get

I dislike estates and like army professionalism because I feel having better troops (even if it's just for a couple fights), a chance to improve generals, discounted generals (25MP generals are the best thing, you can just reroll them until you get a crazy good one) and various other military buffs much better than 50MP or discounted advisors every 20 years since money is rarely a problem beyond early game if you know what you're doing and are not playing an OPM or something.

To each his own I guess :)

Also, Ottomans might have been slightly nerfed, but boy are they still good - also consider that for some kind of bug (I guess) the reformation didn't even start until 1600 and literally all CoR both Protestant and Reformed spawned in Ireland and Scotland so mainland Europe was all catholic all the time, meaning that Austria and the HRE never went through a single moment of weakness (look at that Bohemia :stare: ) :

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 3, 2017

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

RabidWeasel posted:

It's 150 if they have 75+ influence which is fairly easy to swing, just hire some advisors you don't actually need. Unless you get one of the really negative estate events at an extremely bad time you'll be fine either way.

Starting most games with 150 admin and mil points and a free general is the poo poo.

I see your point, still it's a micro-heavy thing to manage to get the most out of it, and as such is definitely an attention tax too. I always forget to use the interactions unless I really need something from the estate for a particular reason - say I need to raise stability to avoid a ticking disaster but I don't have the MP, or ... well that's it really for "urgent" interactions, the rest are nice bonuses but hardly necessary, and it requires much more micromanaging than army professionalism (constantly assigning provinces to keep them happy, keeping influence in check, making right choices in events where multiple estates are involved vs. clicking "drill" on your armies and picking events that increase professionalism at the cost of something else).

IMHO estates are good at the beginning, but peter out greatly later on since 100MP, a 40-tradition general or a discounted advisor is next to useless mid-game when you have 60+ army tradition and more money than Scrooge McDuck if you're playing a standard medium-sized non-gimmicky nation, then they become only an annoyance to maintain.

Professionalism start out pretty bad, there's almost no bonus in it, but by mid-late game it gets really good with some pretty cool abilities (reinforce garrison is awesome when you're on the offensive, you can win a siege, refill the garrison and move on knowing that the enemy can't retake in a couple ticks or so - supply depot can be very useful to avoid attrition and war exhaustion - 25MP generals is the bee's knees - half morale damage for reserves is awesome in late-game mega-doomstack fights)

which, thinking about it, I guess reflects VERY well how things worked in the game timeframe: early on, you'd rely on mercenaries and keeping your nobility/church happy, while later on you want a professional army and view the church and nobility as loving annoyances that should just stop bothering you with their requests - so kudos to Paradox in this case? :)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

The new nations in the Philippines sound fun. Too bad one of them has like two ideas that have to do with sailors :v:

Also the Oda clan, cool! Is it me or the various Japanese clans have some of the best idea sets?

disjoe posted:

I propose we do this but extend the outrageous national stereotypes to everyone

The Russian infantry model drinks vodka, the British infantry model complains about the weather, the Spanish infantry model is a matador.

The American infantry model is Mel Gibson from The Patriot throwing an American flag at people.

This is the best idea ever. The French should wave a white flag, while the Italians should eat pasta.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

TaurusTorus posted:

So in my imported CK game, the Renaissance spawned in India. Is that a glitch or intended behavior?

I think definitely a glitch, iirc the Renaissance is guaranteed to spawn in either Italy or Flanders. Please somebody more knowledgeable correct me if this is wrong :v:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If it was me I would take Defensive as my first Mil idea because it synergizes well with Morocco's lands at start, and because Morale is king, and cheaper forts and units are nice.

I need some advice (e.g. starting situation, good tactics in war with Spain, ect) on how to get a Morocco game off of the ground. I gave up trying a few patches ago but I still really want to pull it off one day.

Kill Castile early, possibly while they fight France or Aragon. Keep your fleet on par with theirs early game and don't let them take Granada - either take that land for yourself (highly recommended to get a foothold in the Iberian peninsula) or guarantee/ally them or something. Kick them as hard and as often as you can before they get the wedding, prioritize provinces needed to form Andalusia and do that, nab some pieces of Portugal to get a stranglehold on Sevilla, colonize the desert south of you to get a border with that juicy western African clay and grab it while you wait out truces with the Iberians. Let them colonize then steal their stuff.

Worked pretty well for me, even got the Sudanese expedition achievement :)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 22, 2017

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I want to play in America, what's the best start there? Central (Aztec / Mayan), south (Inca) or north (some native tribe)? What is the funniest or most interesting special mechanic for those starts?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Senor Dog posted:

"sword mana"

Since I started imagining myself as an all-powerful magician in charge of the country, casting spells to improve my lands and breach down fortresses, the game has improved 100%.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

oddium posted:

1555 in my butua game

karaman is coptic

I have never seen something quite like this. Hungary usually stays put until austria annexes it, and there you have it snaking to loving Constantinople :stare:

That Serbia, too. drat! That's some interesting Balkans/Turkey. What happend to the Ottos?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Affi posted:

Also gently caress yea my Andalusia game is fun! But I'm really curious how I'll manage once France gets involved. As is my only friend is Tunis. Castillo, Aragon and marocco are my rivals.

Before worrying about France finish eating up those rivals, especially the Iberians. Once you control Iberia and colonize a bit you're in a great position.. iirc you said that no one is colonizing right? Then go on and do it yourself, that is awesome, grab the best land in the new world (Caribbean, Mexico, central and south America in rough order of awesomeness - they all feed more or less directly into Sevilla, Mexico peru and Brazil also have tons of gold usually) and the Ivory coast prioritizing centers of trade, build up your trade base and then you'll have enough money to kill anyone, France included.

Try to be friends with Ottomans if they're doing ok, they are usually starved for friends and are pretty happy to ally another big-ish Muslim nation.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 5, 2018

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

fuf posted:

Is there a mod or something that makes it so some diplomatic actions don't need a diplomat or let you use a diplomat already in the country?

Like I'm improving relations somewhere and I wanna offer a royal marriage. Right now I have to:
recall diplomat
wait for cooldown
offer royal marriage
wait for cooldown
send him back to continue improving relations

It's retarded and frustrating. If the diplomat is already there hanging out making friends then let him perform some actions.

Oh this would be so great. Plus makes sense, the diplomat is there.

Tangentially related, I would like to try a gimmick game of loving people over with sabotage, supporting rebels and so on. Is there any country that has particular bonuses to it or is in a good position to engage in espionage?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Eldred posted:

You get one from top-tier idea groups Aristocratic and Espionage too. Take all three for optimal diplomat idling

And now I want to make a custom nation with extra diplomats and espionage ideas, plop it down in a single remote island, take those ideas and influence the whole world from my tiny paradise. I could call it The Illuminati :tinfoil:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I'm thinking of starting a new game as the mamluks, what's the current go-to strategy with the new dlc?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Did anyone already do

Rights of Mann - have a constitutional government type as Mann

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

mobius42 posted:

I started a new WC attempt as Ottomans and decided to try a new strategy with exploration as second idea. Just realized around 1630 that I could direct the colonial nations to attack neighbors and have been gobbling up Spanish/English colonies. Any chance this backfires on me from their respective overlords?

In 1630 as the Ottomans you can pretty much steamroll Spain or really anyone else if you've been doing your homework (i.e. conquering all the poo poo and building up your army and navy), so why would you even care? If you're going for WC and think it's achievable, you probably have much more land, forcelimits and gold than them.

Just spit in their face and steal their stuff, it's what the ottos do best :getin:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

doingitwrong posted:

New player here: you don’t. The good news is that the game runs fine even when you don’t know what’s going on.

You come in and start playing on Normal or Easy and make a lot of mistakes but manage to struggle through a run. Or have a bunch of bad starts and reload and try again a few times until you get the very early game dance of setting up alliances etc down. Then you struggle through a run. You follow missions blindly without understanding why. You pick events outcome for RP reasons. Eventually you get bored or it is 1821.

Having done that, you start another run, maybe with the same country maybe with a new one and decide to focus on figuring out one aspect or another of the game. You watch some videos and consult the wiki and search the forums. You read some world history books to get a glimpse of what’s “normal” in the timeline.

You end that run and now you understand one aspect better than before. You start another run, concentrating on another mechanic you’d totally ignored. Someone links that DDRJake video where he fights the Ottomans for 40 years and you realize you’ve been doing war all wrong. Maybe that run starts to feel easy and you get bored in the 1600s. You start again on Hard this time.

What makes this game hobby-grade is that there’s so much to learn. It means there is always something new to try. There is always some aspect to master. And the fact that you can proceed even without knowing fully what’s going on by just unpausing if you are confused, means that there will always be something happening.

Bad user name / post combo because this is definitely doing it right :getin:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I would like that change, but that would mean the really good players would be left with little to do once they painted half the world. Unless it's really cheap to maintain a militia, but then you face the same problem really.

And let's face it, the game is about map painting anyways. I wish for EU5 they take a clue or three from MEIOU and taxes, it's a convoluted mess of a mod but the pop / development system it has is pretty good and historical!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

fuf posted:

How do you guys deal with giving provinces to estates? It's a part of the game I don't really enjoy.

I tend to give them weak provinces so that they are just over the minimum, but as I expand I keep having to give more and more. Is it maybe better to increase the development in their provinces as a way of keeping them over the minimum? Or is that a waste of monarch points because you don't get the full benefits of development in their provinces?

I used to do it like that too, but it's not the optimal way.

I think you should try to give as few provinces as possible, and each province should have most of its development in the relevant field (MIL for nobility, DIP for burghers, ADM for clergy) to maximize the tax/trade/manpower bonuses you get and minimize the maluses on the other stats. Of course centers of trade / natural estuaries are perfect for the burghers, but often you won't need to give them a minimum amount of land so do it only if you actually need the trade power / extra production money / burgher estate happiness bonuses.

So a 4/2/1 province would go to the clergy, a 1/1/3 to the nobility, a 2/5/2 to the burghers and so on; of course you shouldn't give them the very best provinces, but giving them the very worst provinces means you'll give them a LOT of land and if they get pissed off and start revolting, you'll have a tougher time.

Of course this applies only when you're big enough that giving away a 7+ dev province doesn't mean much to you; if that's not the case, stick with giving them random 1/1/1 provinces producing wool and call it a day. Anyways it will depend a lot on your state cap and what states you have, if you only have states with 1 good province and 4 lovely provinces, I'd give the bad ones to estates. Meanwhile, if all your provinces are roughly equal in development, I think it's better to give away 1 good one rather than 3 mid-range ones (I might be wrong here from a min-maxing perspective)

Never, ever give them gold provinces, and try to only give provinces with decent trade goods (3.5+ value) to the burghers if you really need to. Also if you develop estate provinces, only develop the relevant stat unless it's already capped (And at that point, I'd rather give them another province unless I'm flush with MP)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 3, 2018

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

RabidWeasel posted:

Every province with autonomy > 25% should be in an estate

Right, and then revoked once autonomy is down, to give newly conquered and highly autonomous provinces in their place.

Mind that it will piss the estate off, and the giving new provinces won't offset it so you end up with a net loyalty loss and possibly revolts

Too much of a PITA for me, but if you want to min max that's the way to go

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

RabidWeasel posted:

Man you have way more faith in people than I do because I just assumed that the largest part of the playerbase is English-speaking and white and they want to play the most powerful country that lets them fufil some kind of ethnonationalist power fantasy.

Yes. That is exactly why I brought Naples to the forefront of international politics (back when they still had lovely ideas too) and went full Mussolini by killing France and Austria, conquering the entire balkans and colonizing the heck out of the uncolonized new world. It was good.

(Not really, I just wanted the Not just pizza achievement, but I actually live in Abruzzo which is Neapolitan lands in game so that counts?)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

The new mission tree is cool. Maybe a bit too powerful for nations with specific ones, as England I already own the western half of France and the rest is my PU bitch, just waiting for ae/coalition to tick down then I will smash Austria for their English channel centers of trade then I will go absolutely bonkers on the rest of the world.

Castile is the only actual possible rival I have, and that will change once 100% liberty desire Aragon will finally declare indipendence (that I am supporting)

Also the Reformed faith just popped out, and I haven't gotten anglicanism yet. Should I wait for it, or just go Reformed to grab a CoR ? Is it possible that the anglicanism event doesn't actually fire? ( or fires for the last remaining lovely OPM in Ireland, or 5-province Scotland...)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Snowman_McK posted:

That actually makes sense. It's just around the corner from me. I'd still be connected to it, but only on one side.

It might also be this, but it wasn't selectable even when nothing else was selected.

Is the province occupied by an enemy in another war? If that is the case, either wait for that war to finish (hoping the enemy doesn't actually take it), for rebels to take occupation away and siege it for yourself, or let them have it and then go to war over it with the new enemy :v:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

dublish posted:

Reman thinks Innovative ideas are bad, so he can go suck an egg.

Or did that idea group get bad between the game's release and now? I don't pay close attention to the meta.

I like innovative ideas, if taken early. It's not the best group but it is a perfectly viable choice (and has some of the best policies). but I also dislike the administrative idea group so I am clearly a scrub...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Wafflecopper posted:

Nope, while I do manually retreat sometimes, this has happened to me plenty of times where I haven't. In the particular battle that prompted that post I definitely did not give any manual retreat order, and both stacks were 100% committed and fighting before the battle ended and one fled to a fort several provinces away, while the other just moved one province over and got promptly wiped when the enemy pursued. One of the stacks I force marched in, that's the only factor I can think of that might have affected it.

This sounds like some return province / ZOC issue, where the retreating army can't find a valid path to safe lands (I think that, basically, it should happen only if the army has no other valid possible movements due to enemy forts exerting ZOC and that army coming from a province that for whatever reason can't be reached anymore)

but I'm no expert on that, I just watched a Reman video about it. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3KqmV_9-bA

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Is there any way to stop keep the dutch provinces from revolting over and over against my benevolent, humanist, French utopia?

As above, plus they stop for good in 1650 iirc

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Beefeater1980 posted:

I recently played as Spain and England and they were fun games, but I feel like it’s possible to totally break trade and I missed out. For reference, I maxed out at around 2-300 ducats trade income as UK IIRC, from a mixture of new world colonies, controlling the cape and India.

So question to the thread: how do you completely, utterly break the trade game so that you are rolling in impossibly huge numbers of ducats?

Relatedly, how do you make the most of the spice isles? I never quite know where or how much to colonise there and it’s a real pain to conquer all those fiddly little high attrition islands.

I'm sure someone more qualified will chime in with actual learning advice, I suck at that... but basically what you want to do is:

1) have your main trade hub, where you collect trade, be in an end node (Genoa, Venice, English Channel); if that is impossible, you should strive to fully control a node that has only 1 downstream node, and dominate that too - e.g. have Zanzibar as your main node, fully dominate Cape. Collect in the main node while no one is going to pull any significant trade downstream since you're the only one that could actually do it

2) put merchants on nodes upstream of your main node that have 2 or more "exits", so you can steer trade in the direction you want (to your main node)

3) grab centers of trade, river estuaries and high DIP development provinces in your home node until you dominate it (70-75%+), then do the same in directly upstream nodes and of course colonial regions.

4) build light ships. A whole armada of them. Put them protecting trade in nodes where you want to increase your presence (usually not worth it in nodes that are already 70%+ under your control), normally that's your main node if you don't dominate it already, any directly upstream nodes, and the caribbean and ivory coast for colonial powers since that's where all the new world / spice islands trade tends to arrive, and they can be easily steered to Europe - remember the end goal is to make all the money go to your main node, so unless adding more ships to a node helps with that, it's kinda pointless. Don't waste time protecting trade, or building up colonies in nodes that can't be redirected to your main node unless you really don't have any other option!

5) add all eligible provinces to trade companies, who cares about a little tax and manpower when you could be instead be redirecting extra dozens of monthly ducats to your home node? Also avoids having to put down religious/cultural uprisings in those high attrition, remote areas

6) produce more goods as far upstream as you can with workshops and manufactories; since goods produced in provinces add up to determine the total trade value of a node, and since trade value always flows downstream and gets boosted the more nodes it travels through, if you build e.g. manufactories in Central America and carefully steer all that trade to the English Channel, by the time that sweet money gets there it'll have snowballed hugely. Try to grab as much trade as possible from everywhere that is linked to your main node and redirect it all to your home node. This will require a big navy, colonization and sometimes straight up conquering the savages for their centers of trade and juicy trade goods like ivory, dyes, silk, cocoa.

7) last but not least, go all in on trade modifiers. Grab any +trade efficiency any way you can, get more mercantilism, make the burghers happy, take trade ideas. It builds up.

If you can control a significant part of the new world / spice islands and steer trade properly with merchants, ships, trade companies etc... you can easily get 500 ducats/month or more from trade later in the game. I think I got to 750 as GB around 1700 owning literally all of the new world, and not much min-maxing effort since by then I had stopped caring about money at all

Edit: also trade is one of the most variable, fickle things in this game and it depends a lot on how other nations are doing in the trade nodes you're interested in. Sometimes you'll have free reign in a node, sometimes you'll hardly manage to steer a few ducats away depending on how strong and trade-focused your rivals are (and, as a wannabe trade hegemon, I mean whoever is interested in trading at all, not necessarily just your 3 main enemies)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 7, 2018

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I never drill my armies and I can still get to 100 professionalism and kick my enemies' asses so it's not like you miss on something if you never drill :shrug: it can be useful, sometimes even a life saver, but it's not required at all.

The beauty of this game is that, barring extra hard, gimmick, or WC runs, you can get by (and do it quite well) even if you take the suboptimal path on some aspects so long as you can make sound decisions and keep your poo poo together.

E:

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Maxing out of Professionalism seems like it's always good, so do it if you can.

And I drill if my economy can handle it because I like having a blue bar.

And this, too

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, and I didn't really like it then either. But being able to integrate or assimilate other cultures into your own is something I've wanted for quite a while, and to see that ability being given to only one specific country makes me kind of upset.

It kind of sucks, yeah, especially considering that culture switching provinces is pretty expensive and I almost never bother with it, I'd rather add dip development to get more sweet trade bucks if I really don't know what to do with the dip points. I am sure there's an edge case or three to do it, but eeeeeh it never feels meaningful.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Dirk Pitt posted:

Spain has unallied me, but France still likes me. Austria is in a personal union under France. What are my options?

Edit: somehow I got Spain to re-ally me, I think I’m going to give them subsidies for a bit while I research more diplomatic tech so that I can get France to turn on them.

Personally I would do as you say: keep France as an ally, build trust so they will not break the alliance, try to get them to abandon Spain and swing them (+Austria if they keep the PU) on Spain like a sledgehammer. All that juicy Spanish land is of your culture group and religion presumably, so you stand to gain a lot from conquering parts of it.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

In my opinion, Anglican just isn't worth it. Yeah you can be DotF forever, and if you go religious ideas have a CB on everyone, but everybody will kinda hate you for being a heretic and the special religion actions are really, really meh. +Stability, mercantilism and money aren't exactly hard to come by in other ways, and divorce is borderline useless except very few edge cases...

If you want to go for it and get the event, fine (also do spawn the reformation center, as a major power in the British isles you shouldn't lack money and the -3 dip rep for 10 years isn't the end of the world), but going through rebels and whatnot is definitely too much trouble for what you get

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 23, 2018

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Kuiperdolin posted:

Is that me or Burgundy inheritance got rarer than it used to be?

Seems to. In my latest Castile game I married and allied them thinking they'd just be a speedbump against our common enemy France, but they got pretty swole (and still have their PUs) and no sign of the inheritance yet, even though it's kind of early (1520)

Still hoping it happens because the random new world only sends trade to English channel so I kinda want a foothold there :v:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

As a counterpoint, 1444-1500 is boring and slow while 1750-1821 is when you can actually do stuff and conquer the whole continent due to all the tools you have then (full idea sets, tech, admij efficiency, etc)

So there's that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

oddium posted:

ledger should let you filter by neighbor

Or by favorites. When I have to check all my enemy's allies armies and they are like 5 African nations which range from Ajuraan to zazzau, it makes me sick.

Or when you want to check if your rival has the manpower to backstab you while you're planning to attack another one... I often want to see more than one nation's information but the ledger is unwieldy for that (the option to only select war participants we already have is good though, I just wish it was fully configurable)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 18, 2018