Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
The pinnacle of masculitinity
I started up a game as the Ottomans with the new dlc and the first thing I did was to hire an orthodox inquisitor to help me get rid of all the orthodox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

Sephyr posted:

So Timurids apparently went from being a weird horde without a steppe to a proper kingdom with tons of unhappy subjects. the Denmark of asia minor, you could say.

Any obvious strats for it now? Since we don't need to rush desperately to form Mughals (and indian provinces are out of coring reach at first), I guess snacking toward Qara Qonlyu while you integrate a couple of vassals is the way. They are all pretty unruly, though.

Skasion covered most of it from my one run with them, but putting your vassals on aggressive to drain their manpower was very helpful, so was staying at war with opms because I think rebellious vassals are less likely to get independence support while they're at war.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

David Corbett posted:

Just starting my very first real Ironman game after 200 hours of play. France, eight years in. I built a doom-blob out of Castile, Savoy, Brittany, Burgundy and Provence waiting to pounce on les rosbifs. Unfortunately, the surrender of Maine didn’t kick in until September 1449, and at that point the Anglo dogs elected to surrender the city in peace. Out of sheer frustration, I declared war on them alone. Fortunately, I managed to fight off both Portugal and perfidious Albion, who have now been ejected from the glorious realm of :france:la France:france:, except for Calais: it’s next. I inadvertantly ended the War of the Roses when Alençon turned into a main Yorkist stronghold. (Why? How?)

You want this to happen though, if you declare you can use the reconquest CB, having England declare for Maine just means youll have to fight them down for a humiliation and alliance breaking, then declaring again when the truce is up. As long as they dont ally Austria you should be fine since the english ai really suck at fighting in the continent.

(ed: you'll take way less aggressive expansion with the reconquest CB than with grabbing them in an english unifiation war)

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

Groogy posted:

Yes it is? You do know most people are not you right?

This is a pretty common complaint, and one I agree with. Its still not an argument against solving late game technical issues though.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
I just presumed paradox did its fact checking by feedback from angry nationalists on the pdx forums.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
I got Gold rush by 1475, started with Crimea so they wouldnt have time to seek Ottoman protection. Attack Muscovy preferably as they attack Novgorod, and before mil tech 5. Only fight in flat terrain where you get your horde bonuses, goal isnt to take land asap but to weaken Muscovy so Kazaan attacks them. They can still hold out for surprisingly long even if fighting on three fronts, but they will buckle and you can carpet them. Probably release Russian land to orthodox vassals, since you dont really have the time to deal with rebels.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

Groogy, any chance of a rethink on how siege leadership gets assigned? I just had a pretty frustrating experience when I marched my main siege stack onto a fort that my vassal was squatting on with 5k troops and then they decided to assault while the main enemy stack was 2 provinces away. I took a whole bunch of casualties in the assault and my morale was left at about 20% of the bar. Enemy stack jumps me before I can move away and there goes 7% war score. It doesn't make any sense that a tiny stack can force a huge one to assault with them, especially when said tiny stack is my vassal.

Nooo, this is a great way to keep vassal power in check.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

Node posted:

This game is irritating me. Is Gold Rush even possible anymore with Third Rome? Muscovy is extremely powerful with its five vassals. I can cut him off from grabbing land from Kazan, but their army (around 30k) combined with five vassals (around 5k each) is just overwhelming. Using the horde flatlands combat bonus does not make up for it.

Yes, I know DDRJake did it, but he's the exception to the rule.

Hit them while at war with Novgorod. Only fight in favorable terrain and you have to match their 4 shock general. Eventually Kazaan will declare on them and they have a tree front war. I restarted a lot to get it though.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
Brandenburg will teach you a lot of HRE minor mechanics(mainly electorship and dealing with aggressive expansion in the HRE), and the joy of superior troop quality.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

oddium posted:

hhaha i ain't worried about generals

Theres such a thing as overdoing pip modifiers and I think this might be it.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

oddium posted:

good god
Not sure what happened to Pomerania in this patch, but they have almost consistently been kicking rear end when Ive played outside of Europe as well

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

You know what's cool? There's a new event that can sometimes happen when you siege down a fort. It lets you choose between getting some army professionalism and inflicting 50 devastation on the province, getting nothing and inflcting 75 devastation, and losing professionalism and inflicting 100 devastation. There's no option that causes anything less than 50 devastation.

The really cool part is that this event can trigger on retaking your own provinces!

Sorry peasants, but all im reading out of this is free professionalism

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

Beefeater1980 posted:

Questions:
* how do you colonize late (1550s+) without sucking. Are you supposed to declare colonial wars? As a continental power, won’t that involve Spain coming overland magically with a huge army and kicking your teeth in?
* would I make more money out of lubeck and the other trade cities (1) conquering and absorbing (2) vassalising (3) beating up periodically for their lutefisk money?
* is it even possible to do east Asia trade from north Germany? If so how?
* Can you do imperial stuff too? Again if so how? Seems like Austria or Bohemia always end up being emperor.
- AI is usually quite slow to colonize, so there should still be good lands to colonize by 1550.
-(1), vassals dont make much money without really optimizing them through ideas, and money per month is always preferable to lump sums.
-Not without expanding into the English channel
-Yes but colonizing probably eats into your diplo ideas which are usefull for HRE shenanigans. If youre goal is to become emperor and reform as Dithmarshen, I'd just stay out of the colonial game.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
Religious->Defensive->Admin is my standard opening for Muscovy, but with the tsardom goverment you might not need the extra states so bad. Still, worth it just for the coring cost like always.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
I think you save more diplo points from Deus Vult cb than the reduction for integrating your vassals. Still influence is never bad either.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
Russia are one of few who really wants religious over humanism, it just mixes better with their bonuses from orthodox and national ideas. Humanism is generally stronger though imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

Is there a way to see whether a nation would give my war enemies Military Access? To help my planning?

In the current patch, just assume every loving one of them