Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Put your old expansion on sales again you greedy fucks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Groogy posted:

e: though seriously I think bunch of them are on sale on our paradoxplaza store

Well then, no real criticism, but you have no control over steam putting them on sale as well, it's just that most people would look there first, or am I wrong ?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

tombom posted:

They're all on sale on Steam now too

They are! Groogy must have listened to my childish whining and pressed the button

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Is the game for anyone else kind of unplayable without a better font mod, the base game ones is so incredibly blurry and thin

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Paradox, fix this poo poo with only having one heir as a habsburg and the HRE going to poo poo every time my only one dumb fuckin kid dies, thanks

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

MadJackal posted:

Is there any way to force a one province vassal into becoming a Free City? I’ve only got 6 going as Forever Emperor of The HRE, Austria and by 1600 I’ve only got the first 3 reforms. Only one center of reformation left in the world at least.

they need to be a republic, but not a merchant republic.

stack your diplomatic reputation bonusses, give them money, imperial grace, make sure they are in the empire

Once you can create client states in the later game it's really easy to create them, before that the north italian minors are probably your best bet

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Deceitful Penguin posted:

What happens with that button if you actually conquer circassia?

the mana bar will change to some other culture, for me it was berbers

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

skasion posted:

Artillery barrage that poo poo. I feel like forts are actually in a pretty good place right now. They are more than a speed bump as long as nations keep them up to date, but artillery barrage is a good counter to prevent decade long sieges and such poo poo. Doesn’t really work well against extremely fort happy nations like a powerful Ming but that’s an edge case.

can't do that if you never bought the perpetually broken MoH

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Need some help

https://imgur.com/a/tzZFWnw

how do I get rid of the mods in the Paradoxlauncher, that are not updated anymore? Simply unsubscribing from them on Steam does not get the entry out of this list and they are not in the 'mod' folder within the game directory
and I am really sick of this unwieldy list of like thirty or more mods I downloaded over the years :(

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

MrBling posted:

Have you looked in my documents/paradox interactive/EU4/mods ? because that is where everything is stored, not in the actual game dir.

Yes, that's what I meant with game directory, it appeared completely empty to me

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

ilitarist posted:

They moved mods. Look in (Steam folder)\steamapps\workshop\content\236850

Well, found the folder and deleted all the folders inside that, which had more numbers as names, that were filled with thumbnails of the mods I wanted to delete
restarted steam
but they are still all there in the launcher

I am sure I am just forgetting something obvious

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Can someone enlighten me WHY Colonialism spawned in Portugal after I took all of their new world provinces?

https://imgur.com/a/RfZi1fp

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Blorange posted:

Owning overseas provinces isn't a requirement to spawn the institution.

https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Institutions#Colonialism

code:
Colonialism can appear from 1500 in a province that:

Is in Europe, Asia or Africa
    Is a coastal province
    Is in a state
    Is not an island
    Is in the capital area of its owner
    Is the capital or has at least 12 development or is a Province trade power value.png Costal Center of Trade
    Owner has Exploration idea group.png Exploration idea 1 "Quest for the New World" and has discovered a land province in the New World

That will teach me not to choose Gharb as my capital province in the "choose your capital" event Morocco gets, instead of a mountain province with a fort

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Trying to get the Austria Achievement to clear the whole mission tree, just one problem

https://imgur.com/a/Nny9q2n

For one of the missions I need to crush the revolution. Problem is I can not declare war on this little OPM anymore because of the "ewiger Landfriede" decision from the HRE mission tree

is there anything I can do, or is my safe hosed because of the need of this little poo poo to fly a tricolore?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
and that just happens on its own because they can't attack anyone, or what do i have to do?

the center of the revolution is in my country but i can ignore it cause I am a fat austria controlling all of Europe basically

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

This is Ayyuthaya being the center of the revolution, I am France
how do I get that sweet revolution from them ?
I doubt the RNG province conversion will reach me before the end of the game

I am already at 30 loans, 15 WE, can just go to -3 stab by truth breaking, but I can't see the french revolution event in the 'disaster' tab, so I am at a bit of a loss on what to do

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
and the game crashes when i unpause, happy release day !

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

THE BAR posted:

Well this CB is pretty useless now, I guess! Was this mentioned in the patch notes?

Historically accurate

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Painfully excited for this

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
If anyone could tell me which font mod works with the new Anbennar patch, that'd be a life saver
I can not read the default chicken scratch of EU4

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Busilar was fun, kinda like Spain

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Have now tried every font mod in the workshop I guess, shame that the mod just breaks or doesn't load in the new fonts at all
makes Anbennar basically unplayable cause the EU4 default font is absolute rear end and I do not know why it's not changed in a mod that changes basically everything else for the better

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Wafflecopper posted:

seriously? it's perfectly legible. are you running the game in the wrong resolution or something?

Maybe for you, may your eyes retain their sight for many years to come.
But for many people it is really tiresome to read the tiny, slim and slightly stylized default font of eu4

this modified font I borrowed from the post above yours is way more legible

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

mfcrocker posted:

I've been enjoying CK2 but not been so into the focus on lineage/inheritance, and EU4 is -75% on Steam, so goodbye money goodbye life!

Any suggestion on the best bundle to pick up? The OP makes it seem like the Starter Bundle (Art of War, Common Sense, Rights of Man) is the obvious choice, but it's also 4 years old by this point so wondered if there was anything more modern that's absolutely necessary to grab

The DLC'S also show up on humble bundle for cheap from time to time

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
videogames are poo poo now, don't buy them

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Jay Rust posted:

still no karma fix ?? Does no one play Buddhist

No, cause it is obnoxious, same reason why I never switch to Corinite either, it's annoying

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Groke posted:

Yeah, it was a definite improvement when they did that in the Civ series, should work well for EU. Embarked troops super-vulnerable, better attach some warships.

Maybe at most, have an abstracted amount of transport ship capacity that you have to build and maintain. Couple with trade capacity somehow perhaps.

naval attrition now costs soldiers, not manpower

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Anbennar question :
I do not want to dig through the reddit or wiki of the mod and accidentally spoiler myself on unrelated story beats, so i ask here

Is there any country that enables the 'infernal court' as a religion, the one mentioned in some loading screen 'hints' ?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

JosefStalinator posted:

My understanding of Anbennar development right now is that sarhal is making very rapid progress, then they wanna do not-Australia, then they'll start redoing some of the neglected areas in earnest.

You could join the discord and ask about the infernal court nation though, and maybe see if there's a small team brainstorming it and help them with writing if so!

I really wouldn't want to be the thousandth random guy Kramering into their discord and bother them about some random stuff and then offering my no-good writing that I can't back up with actual coding

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Detheros posted:

My big wish is for the game to end around 1650 so it doesn't become a boring slog

lets say 1700 something, I do not want the game to end in the middle of the 30 years war

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Detheros posted:

If your 30yr war is going more than 2 years past it's historical end date of 1648 it's bad and deserves to end right there.

in the middle of the night I had my dates mixed up and thought the thirty years war was 1648 to 1678 :froggonk:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Detheros posted:

Even then the ai rarely declares.

Unless it is the Ottomans, they will declare all the time :(

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Is there a specific way to get Republican tradition as the Netherlands? I got legitimacy right now, so I do not know how to finish the Sinaasappel achievement

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Trying to get the Spaghetti western" achievement, and half way through i realized I have no idea how to even turn myself into Texas or Mexico, I doubt I can just 'release vassal-> play as' with a colonial faction, right?

So do i have to sell all my Italian land, or culture shift, or how exactly do I go from here?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Thanks everyone, i guess I'll just move my capital into south America then and go on from there until Texas and Mexico can pop up

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Groke posted:

From one of the three islands that belong to South America but are not in a colonial region (South Georgia, Falklands, Galapagos) and then to somewhere in colonial North America. Or conversely, from Greenland or Bermuda to colonial South America. Or from one isolated colony in Africa, Asia or Oceania, to anywhere (except you can't go from an Oceania island to Australia).

The actual requirement for moving your capital to a colonial region if it's not already in one, is that it must be the only province in a state on its continent. Trivially true if you're an OPM, otherwise you have to jump through some hoops. There are no such restrictions on moving to another continent that is NOT part of a colonial region, hence the option of going from a Europe start to a single African or Asian colony, or a Pacific island -- as long as your temporary capital is the only province you own in its state, and you don't make any other states on that continent. People most often use one of the Atlantic islands, or a singular colony on the African coast, since those are least out of the way.

(Similarly an Asian or African tag could move its capital via some isolated godforsaken European province.)

Moved my capital to Eiriksfjord, I got one owned province in South America here in Sotuta and a Colony subject in South America, yet I can not move my capitol to Sotuta, where did I gently caress up?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Groke posted:

Do you have any other states in North America? Looks like there's some stuff in your colour there that's not inside your colonial nation... the moment you moved to Greenland, new provinces acquired in North America would no longer automatically be assigned to a colonial subject (and you could no longer create new CNs there either).

It's just Eiriksfjord, Sotuta, where I want to go and that CN in South America, but Sotuta is not a CN province. It is still directly controlled by me

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Nothing to be sorry about, you are helping me with my nonsense here after all, now I just need to find some place to squeeze in that is not full of spaniards already

edit : Alright that worked, just cost me approximately 1k admin points but whatever, lol

Thanks to everyone who helped

skipThings fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 27, 2023

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
If I am Bavaria, and have a port in Venice, do I need 'exploration range' or what stat exactly to be able to core a province at the Horn of Africa ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Why did the Ottomans change color ?