Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Prav posted:

for eu5 i hope that they model the new world as full of sophisticated people in advanced societies and then a spaniard sneezes and everything goes to hell

monthly event spam: lost 1 dev and gained 5 unrest in <everywhere>

This would honestly be closer to what really happened so, yeah, I'm down for this :v:

Tenochtitlan was likely a metropolis on par with or exceeding the population of most European urban centers of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Gawed is enormously a land of contrasts is the moral of the story here.

Like seriously having put in like 200 hours of Anbennar over the past couple months there are few tags I see have as much variance as Gawed.

Wish the purple Raj would stop picking the two times I ever play anywhere near them to say “ah yes now is the time for me to not implode and also roll a Great Conqueror”

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Poil posted:

That's just default EU4 Timurid behavior.

I’m mad. Mad about tigers wearing cool hats.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

They did yeah. Stop Settlement Growth stops them from jammint colonists in random provinces and by extension blocking building/conversion.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hellioning posted:

EU5 will be a shell of EU4 and it will be worth as long as it has a not-horrible not-hardcoded trade system.

We say this every time and it never is.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I mean that in the case of CK3 and Victoria 3, sure we got a game with better bones but then it inevitably turns into a 3 to 5 year wait for the better bones to matter.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

The Paradox Tinto (EU4) studio manager is starting to get feedback on <unannounced game>

You've got to imagine this basically has to be a soft announcement of EU5.

Gonna laugh when it’s a new project and not EU5

Better luck next time lads

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Re: Sarhal Anbennar update

Play Mulen they said. It'll be a fun tall game they said.

I was not ready.

e: For those who don't know, it's somewhere around Granada in difficulty on the latest update I guess? Sits as monstrous between Jadd, Zokka ally and the Raj and received religion nerfs in the update. Also borders the centaurs but they are downright cuddly in comparison to the other neighbours.

Would appreciate any tips, right now I'm basically conquering the forbidden plains steppe after the initial wars instead of trying to take on Jadd. Which sortof works?

You have a Powerful Mage with Legendary Enchantment as your starting ruler. The trick with Mulen is to crush Zokka and Jaddar pretty much out the gate by using Dominate Garrison to insta cap their capital and ya know, use war wizard generalship whole also picking favorable fights.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Azjakuma in Haless is great for becoming the Ogre Magi overlord of NotAsia. A true Demon Empire of Oni.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

It’s not TOO hard if you really grasp the tools available to you. Oni magic, and ogre military, is extremely powerful. You can win basically the first 50 years of war by declaring wars and then letting people bleed out in the nightmare that is the Demon Hills

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've been having fun playing as the Vizier of the Raj. Raj disaster too hard? Just be the Vizier and don't deal with it yourself!

The first Vizier, Ravhidaraj, even has it's own MT all about becoming obsessed with stamping down corruption and Radiant Sun moralism. And the last missions imply some kind of Jadd syncretism, but I haven't reached it yet.

Oh neat! I was thinking about taking a spin as the Vizier some time. Lemme know what you think when you finish their MT.

I just got done with a long and satisfying Azjakuma run. So, so much MagicCrime.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

No one asked but I think the Anbennar loading screen tip that’s like « gnolls are said to have invented slavery » pretty weird

Funnily enough that loading screen tip just got removed. Because it’s not even remotely true in the lore in the first place, nor has it ever been true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I don’t see any real reason to worry about Anbennar development because of EU5. We don’t know if EU5 is going to even be good, or when it’s going to be good (since that’s frequently not until sometime after release with these games). Couple that with the monumental effort of starting effectively from scratch with a project like Anbennar and I don’t see EU5 Anbennar making much headway until like 2027.