Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Koramei posted:

drat, it's that bad? I saw people recommending Arumba's tutorial stuff before, maybe one of his earlier serieses is better? Anyone here learned by watching them?

I stumbled across it while looking for Civ VI pre-release gameplay footage and eventually watched the whole thing. It plus the Rights of Man dev clash convinced me to buy the game. Assuming you're willing to put in a few hours I'd say it's a pretty effective teaching tool. The game's far too complex for any reasonable-length tutorial to accomplish anything, but it's not like they're still introducing major mechanics 40 hours in; by that point it's all edge cases and optimizing and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Finally finished my first campaign after more than a year (life gets in the way; whole campaign was on 1.19 as a result). I went in with the intention of securing a lot of vassals as Austria via the privilegia revocation and ended with 130 princes in the empire. I'm pretty happy with that result for a first game, though I'm sure I could better it by quite a bit with the experience. The world at the beginning of 1821:

And the state of the HRE:

The line Armenia-Nogai-Bashkiria-Russia marks its eastern extent; all European states outside Britain and Iberia are members.
Thanks to some of the thread regulars for giving me advice at the start.