Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

It’s only Dithmarschen, right? It’s like Ambrosian Republic for Milan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

So in my imported CK game, the Renaissance spawned in India. Is that a glitch or intended behavior?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Kaza42 posted:

Intended behavior. You can mod the converter, but by default it will create a modded set for institution spawns that removes the Italy limitation on Renaissance

Neat, really helped me gently caress Europe proper, as is only right.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Speak of the devil, here it is: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-30th-of-january-2018.1067260/

It is about England :v:

They are adding an England-specific church, Coal as a late-game resource (spawns in specific places replacing what is already there) and some QoL stuff.

I wonder if this will do anything to make AI England not the worst ally.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

How does Poland get out of elective monarchy?

In addition to what the others said, there's an option to allow the Sejm to install a noble republic, which you can collapse into despotism the normal way.

edit: or not, according to the wiki, I could have sworn that's what I did when I took Poland into space

double edit: Oligarchic republic, that's where I was confused.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 4, 2018

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I've always thought that the best way of abstracting supply lines would be for each army to have a "home" area and would cost more and suffer greater attrition the further they are from it, so you could have colonial armies and so on.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I never noticed there was a difference between "forest" and "woods"

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Red Bones posted:

There's an event in the new patch that lets you flip to Norse religion lol.

Has torn away my ability to feel human yada yada...

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Eu5, with a non-terrible trade system, needs to come out soon.

Honestly trade and supply lines could be modeled by similar systems, I'd like to see the transition from foraging to professional supply.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I want dynamic trade so you can properly model the silk road being bypassed by sailing around Africa.

I also want army supply lines and anything to represent the difficulty European armies had actually projecting force into the Americas. It shouldn’t be possible for the AI to send their entire force limit to fight in Mexico.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Orv posted:

Am I going mad or was there a screenshot, god I dunno, three or four years ago now of EU4 with a nation called SKELETONS and was that from an extant thing or a fun joke?

It was CK2 and it was one of those promising mods that never went anywhere.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 14, 2023

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

How does that work, logically? Like, what's happening marriage-wise?

Isabella, queen of Castile marries Bubba J pigfucker the peasant.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Iymarra posted:

This is a very weird question but does anyone recall which nation it is that has the event which gives them something like warrior monks?
I am sure it was an african nation, and I'm sure the event revolves around 'there used to be a warrior kingdom, let's bring it back' and there are some pretty strong army buffs.
Part of me feels that the event flips you christian? Don't really recall.

Are you talking about Mutapa, who can spawn Zulu who get Prussian gov stuff?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I'm really annoyed that Texas gets unique ideas, but Haiti doesn't. The Haitian revolution actually happened in the game's time frame!

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Kurgarra Queen posted:

You could do really cool poo poo with their NIs too!

I know, a rebellious kingdom of former slaves? Lotta stuff could go on there.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Then why do they exist? Why do Vermont and Cascadia get unique ideas?

edit: also what prompted me to complain was when I did Portugal to Haiti pirate republic, and I was so disappointed to get French ducal ideas.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 27, 2023

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I think that colonies should get way more uppity if their overlord is losing a war in Europe. That’s what ultimately led to Spain losing her colonies.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Detheros posted:

Also double posting because tying liberty desire to war exhaustion doesn't work because the ai LOVES to buy down their war exhaustion when they get above 5 and usually by the time you exhaust their bird mana you have a hefty call to peace exhaustion modifier

I wasn’t thinking war exhaustion, I was thinking something like negative warscore due to stated territory occupation. Just “homeland’s hosed, take our shot.”

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Detheros posted:

Little bit, uh, early for that huh? :stare:

Post a map when you can, did they just mega-federate super fast?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

They're doing Magna Mundi again.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I still think a post-Battle of Varna start is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I'm really hoping Imperator gets the Crusader Kings treatment and they take a mediocre but promising game and make an amazing sequel.