Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

God I love being the Pope, you have so much cash and that you can do this and be flooded with MP forever. :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I don't care if the Ottomans are weak, this still feels pretty drat good.

Now I'm Ottomans 2: Rum Boogaloo.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Mercantilism points. :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

First order for Lithuania is forming Ruthenia.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Ternate and Tidore, be spice bros.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Come on Papal State immersion pack including formable Kingdom of God tag with empire rank.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Xinder posted:

First Rome

I tend to name my Pope games "Actual loving Rome" :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Is there a reason the AI never manages to get beyond the first reichs reform in the HRE? Around halfway through my Spain game, considering trying Austria for fun, but that ones always puzzles me

Historical accuracy. :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

The worst god drat ally.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

The worst god drat ally.

:fuckoff:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Double posting because :hellyeah:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

drat, that is impressive, and you never even took Avlonaya from the Ottomans? Or more land nearby, you just somehow vaulted over to Italy?

How do you even get started as Albania these days? I guess yo ustart off guaranteed by Venice so if you can ally someone else big like Hungary, you stand a chance if you get wardec'd. I'm guess dont ally someone small like by Byzantines because that wouldnt pull in Venice to protect you.

First Venice attacked Bosnia+Serbia, so I was able to attack Serbia and take Kosovo and some other provinces and even grab a humiliation. Then I allied Hungary, stomped on Venice with their help, took Istria (and Venezia), moved my capitol to there(Istria), and joined the HRE. This will usually flag Austria's attitude as Friendly or Protective so you're able to grab an alliance with them so they can help out with Italy (After Shadow Kingdom), and this is also usually enough to detract The Ottomans from attacking me. Then I went to town on Italy and moved my capitol to Rome after converting it to Protestant, sometime around 1640 I left the HRE because I wanted the diplomat and the states from being an Empire over a Duchy.

As for the core I used it as a CB since I needed my other 3 diplomats for calming outraged countries due to the AE thunderdome in Europe.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Presumably France has unoccupied allies in the war. You probably shouldn't be able to get 100% warscore peaces just by occupying the country you declared on without having to deal with their allies (especially when you consider smaller countries. they'd be hosed)

France has a billion colonies and Kongo as an Ally, even with Kongo out I'd need to occupy some of the colonies for 100%

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Regardless of how excited I am for the DLC I'm still going to buy it.

I am part of the problem, sorry folks.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

When they said "Rule Britannia" this is what they meant, right? :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Poil posted:

Close enough, but the holy land is the other way isn't it? :v:

I'm debating giving it to Malta when I punch it out of the Ottomans :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sephyr posted:

"Was Jerusalem built here,
In Malta's green and pleasant land"

Checks out.

FTFY :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Temples and workshops at .15 or higher, manufacts and universities everywhere. Don't forget to check workshop after you finish a manufact because of the extra goods. Manpower buildings on any province I seed an institution and/or +1k manpower. Trade buildings at +5 or more.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Great timing there, bud.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I decided getting coalitioned in the 1700s was a better idea.

However the +70% Winged Hussars arrived. :unsmigghh:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Well now, that's the first time I've seen the AI form Mughals, nice work Timurids!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Whew, it's been a long time since I took a game to 1821 but I hit tech 32 at 1810 and figured why not at that point.

Good run for achievements.

Here's the military screen, 16/5 leaders :v:

Also I stopped drilling around 1710 and got professionalism (when I needed it) solely by making generals.

This is far and away the best economy I've ever had, If I had another 20ish years I could have hit the ducat cap.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

TorakFade posted:

The beauty of this game is that, barring extra hard, gimmick, or WC runs, you can get by (and do it quite well) even if you take the suboptimal path on some aspects so long as you can make sound decisions and keep your poo poo together.

This right here.

That Commonwealth game I posted? No hired mercs at all. (I actually stopped hiring mercs when professionalism came out.) Also my troop composition was 15/10/20 when in hindsight I should have went 20/10/30. You can play suboptimally and more importantly imo, have FUN while doing it, and do as well as I did.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

So what's the formula for "Derise provinces" and why is it so horribly broken.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Huh, as effective as cannons indeed.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Well I have all these permanent claims on southern Italy, I better get ready to betray my ally Spa-

Never mind. :stare:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I literally forget that lucky nations exist until someone brings it up, as for end dates I have a hard time getting past 1650 because I hate end game wars.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Well that's an interesting candidate.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'm hype to play as Dang and have a dang ol' conquest.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The only moral way to play this game is by picking Dithmarschen every single time.

Too busy being an immoral pope to be moral. :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Artillery gets good at tech 12 when they get a 2nd fire pip, and is decent but not worth the price outside of 1-2 per army for the siege bonus unless you're rich before that, imo.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I wish the ai could make use of the prepare for war feature so I could get some advance warning.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Lithuania has missions to PU Poland and Muscovy, time to do another Lithuania into Ruthenia Tsardom run. :getin:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

guns for tits posted:

Edit: loving ottomans

Ottoman start.txt

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Every time I play a Papal State game, which is once a patch, Hungary starts the game rivaled to me, so I never trust that turd over by Austria.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hoping it's Transylvania.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Having like 16k hours played gives you some fun ideas.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Well then :stare:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I love league wars, always chaos. :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Help, I need the empire malice to keep my vassal addiction under control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I do wonder if that'll get patched.