Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Coming from HOI4 it seems pretty overwhelming playing this. Is there a good guide or youtuber I should watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Roadie posted:

I feel like I've almost got a Riga run off the ground. Is there any trick to getting Poland to ally you quicker so you can invade the Livonian Order before Muscovy does? Should I even be bothering with that, or just try to use Brandenberg + a heap of minors instead?

scornful insult someone poland hates maybe?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve found a new joy in life: give military access to anyone who asks for it, then provoke a revolt right when they’re crossing your angry provinces

Is there a way to tell which province it'll actually spawn in? even when I look at it'll say [province] will have 10 years of separatism, it'll spawn somewhere else sometimes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

why the hell did this happen and why is it so expensive.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

The values of stuff like that are generally your annual income * some factor. Maybe it’s a typo in the event?

I wish.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cockblocktopus posted:

I also got slammed by that event in my Teutonic Order game and ended up having to take out about 6 loans to cover it despite having a pretty good treasury before the event hit.

I was also Teutonic order going the Horde route.

e: Ah it's just an event that can happen

https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Teutonic_events#The_Great_Peasants.27_War

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 1, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Aaaaah ok, it’s punishing the player for being in the HRE during the Great Peasants’ War.

It happens to Teuts no matter what as far as I can tell.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

56 forts??

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Groke posted:

Exploitable AI flaw in 1.34, until the devs figure it out: more aggressive AI, fine; but for some reason the AI does not realize that attacking the vassal of someone who is a tributary subject will also bring the tributary overlord into the war. With the tributary subject as war leader.

I had Bohemia attack hungary PU'd to the Commonwealth and allied to me alone fsr in my last sweden game

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is there some trick to getting institutions? Feels like every game I'm outside of Europe I fall super behind in tech trying to spawn it myself

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is there a reason why another vassal won't call me into their independence war if every vassal is allied? In my Fars game there were 3 separate independence wars at the same time against the Timurids despite us all being allied.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Just anecdotally it seems like if the AI has enough troops in total that it thinks it can fight you it will send ships, now. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to account for how many dudes it's stuffing in those transports so will happily feed its army piecemeal to you.

Makes me wonder if it's doing a batch move like "Yes this entire army is good" then starts moving them with the available transports and not taking into account if it has enough for the entire thing.

Personally have no idea how you'd even fix the naval invasion AI though outside just giving them a boatload of free transports just because there's too many variables

I feel like transports should just have their capacity be buffed in general.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

BigRoman posted:

I just started playing this game again, and I haven't played since the Emperor patch. I was in the new world, conquering the natives, and when I conquered a opm and took their land, the native nation re-spawned right next to the land I just took. Is this normal? How many times do I need to conquer opm natives until they stay dead?

If there's an empty spot next to them that can be colonized they'll move to that. It's free real estate for any colonizer

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aristocratic is pretty okay now. Good to pickup with exploration for 33% manpower if you need it.

Defensive is also pretty good, but morale is kinda ignored past early game bc you can deathstack and stackwipe everything. You insta stackwipe anything that rolls poorly twice in a row if you have more than double their troops

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 27, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

You can hit 50% autonomy in TCs, they're kinda busted yea

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

stacking siege ability is powerful

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Uh, they don't have accents for me.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/europa-universalis-iv-development-diary-17th-of-january-2023-emperor-of-china.1565232/

Ming rework

quote:

The Ming will see many new additions, mechanics and cool-stuff-in-general with 1.35:
A brand new, fully-fleshed out mission tree
Accompanied by a new Estate - the Eunuchs
New tough challenges as you struggle to curb the influence of the Eunuchs and prevent your (historical) collapse
Over a dozen new Reforms that interact with and are complemented by various missions (yes we tweaked the gain and loss of Mandate)
New Decrees that interact with and are complemented by various missions
New Flavor events integrated in the mission tree - as well as independent from it
Deep modability and new functions added to the Mandate mechanic
A new great project that spans several provinces

quote:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through 2023’s first Dev Diary! I hope you are just as excited to delve into the new content as we were while making it! We will be back next week to talk about the new content we have created for… The Ottomans! Cheers!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oddium posted:

when's eu5

next PDXcon

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/europa-universalis-iv-development-diary-28th-of-february-2023-great-britain.1571232/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

They're there for me.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYgAK-xOUZg

Early look at new Ming

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Finnish Flasher posted:

Has pdx released what the new iberian mission trees will be liked? I'm a bit annoyed at them overwriting golden century content since it is actively making my previous money give me less entertainment.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/europa-universalis-iv-development-diary-21st-of-february-2023-spain.1570083/

---

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/europa-universalis-iv-11th-of-april-2023-1-35-ottomans-changelog.1577208/

1.35 Patchnotes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Obviously but why

That's the monarchy color for portugal, it's previous color was for republic portugal.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Prussia actually forms regularly now so maybe that had something to do with it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Heavy's are bugged lol. They lose to light ships and cogs

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild posted:

Heavy's are bugged lol. They lose to light ships and cogs

this just got fixed

#############################################################
######################## 1.35.1.0 ###########################
#############################################################

###################
# Gamebalance
###################

# War & Peace
- Fixed naval damage calculations.

###################
# Script
###################

# Missions
- Fixed an error that prevented players from accessing base-game Jurchen missions while owning Mandate of Heaven.
- Fixed an error with Emperor of China missions requiring content that is only exclusive to Ming (Haijin mission, Single Whip National Idea).
- Fixed an error that prevented players from progressing down the Aragonese/Spanish mission tree if they owned Golden Century but lacked Rule Britannia.
- Removed duplicate requirement from Emperor of China missions that asked for 95 Mandate twice.

# Setup
- Increased to 40 from 25 the maximum number of owned provinces that France can have to be eligible for integration via the Parliament Act to Form the Angevin realm.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed CTD caused by disabling alerts which do not exist in the game.
- Fixed AI asking other AI for a 0 Trust for 0 Favors.
- Fixed so the game doesn't switch away from the main theme in the main menu.
- Fixed CTD caused by revoking a seat when a parliament debate is ongoing.
- Fixed crashes related to mods modifying the music player.
- Fixed crash in faction view due to listbox not existing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I hosed up. I miscounted. What are my options

declare a war on someone, give up a province in the peacedeal

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

You dont even need allies, you can win it solo by going twice over your forcelimit with Mercs (I dont even know how youd call in any allies given that England is the attacker in the HYW so youd need ten favors for them to join)

IMO the hardest part of forming Angevin is praying that your starting king doesn't die while France is still outraged at you

promising (and breaking that promise) of land

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mercs are bugged. They use the max morale (this includes low maint) of the origin country.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

you cannot lower maintenance on mercs, you are either paying full price for them or they are disbanded

If you're talking about my post... What I mean is if you have a merc company whose origin is in Lithuania and they lower maint on THEIR troops it affects the max morale of that merc company.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

army maintenance isnt supposed to affect mercs at all, origin country or not, how on earth did they manage to gently caress that up

It just seems to straight up look at the origin countries current max morale and use that. It's hard to spot because it also lets them regenerate max morale up to your max, so you'll see like in the screenshots something like 4.1/2.99. Which wouldn't be a huge thing if morale damage wasn't affected by max morale so the Cossack company was doing like 30% less morale damage than it should've.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Didn't the latest patch remove the province requirement?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The province requirement limit got raised, not removed. I cant remember the numbers unfortuantely.

It was a different requirement that I remember. They raised the french limit to 40 provinces instead of 25.

code:
The decision to form the Angevin Kingdom no longer requires you to have 25 provinces in the French region.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Detheros posted:

Special units are too buried in menus I don't visit for me to use 90% of the time.

they're on the same menu as the other units...? what the heck!

marines are good bc they land faster so you can send a few onto a province to snipe a landing point for the rest of your army.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wait people recruit via the state screen?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I've forgotten if this is possible, but can I keep the original religion of a province I am colonizing? I'm doing a Kalmar Union run and would like to switch to Norse religion by importing some Animist rebels.

gotta give one of your provinces to an animist vassal and convert it for them IIRC.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

They are making EU5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Not outright but basically this or the next DLC will presumably be the last DLCs before EU5 is announced. They've had a team working on something at their spain studio for the past 2 years.