Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Im happy with new stuff for low countries/the isles, but dang if spain couldnt use some love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

RabidWeasel posted:

I was more supporting the idea that there need to be 'regional' mission sets in the same way that countries have regional NI sets so that it's not a choice between generic ideas or tag-specific ideas. So that there's something to distinguish between missions for an HRE minor and an Indian minor.

I think they already confirmed this in the diary thread

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I wish Age objectives and rewards were a little less specialized (barring the unique nation rewards obvs). I basically ignore it unless the goals are already congruent with whatever else I'm doing

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

How 2 kazan pls

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Koramei posted:

No, you should be making your own node the richest node in the world.

Anyway, new dev diary is out, lots of province updates for India. Paradox forums users are predictably butthurt that the HRE doesn’t get its 15th update instead.

tbf i feel like spain could really use some love, tired of france eating catalonia every game. On the other hand 100+ new provinces for India owns so who cares

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I loving love these India changes. Thunder dome gonna get even more, uhh, fulgurus

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Whoa, the hre just abolished itself in the 1580s. As best as I can tell, the bohemian emperor died while the league war was ongoing and his heir was a woman, but there were still catholic princes. Not sure why it just dissolved

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Estates are Fine, just boring compared to what people hoped for. If we're lucky they'll be overhauled someday

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Groogy posted:

Do you want a beer or not? Then you'll listen to me as I complain how this forum is still stuck on Ming after I just said Estates are becoming free during the Pdx Tuesday beer.

i mean, Im certainly excited to get my zaporozhe cossacks going (yeah i know it's spelled wrong)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

im glad of it

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The portrayal of the hordes isnt so bad anymore, especially with the various tag changes and new provinces. Biggest issues would be horde unity and province pillaging making them all out to be Attila-style scourges of god. If they wanted brownie points Pdox could add in a disaster after colonialism spawns that shits on horde income as the former steppe trade routes go obsolete

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sounds like estates got redone again

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I am so hype for the return of.vassal france

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Fintilgin posted:

Apparently the plan is to turn out more big EUIV expansions, which kinda surprises me. Game is feeling due for a sequel, and I was pretty convinced that Emperor would be the last hurrah.

I thought Emperor would be it too, but honestly i would love a big xpack on north america and colonisation or something

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

im very very rusty and the ai is just punting me around

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

yikes! posted:

Patches this size are always going to have problems like this. IMO just enjoy the crazy stuff while it lasts

The IA stuff is pretty :psyduck:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

AnEdgelord posted:

I really want the reformation to be tied to the printing press institution somehow because historically the printing press was a major part of how the reformation spread. Hell Martin Luther's 95 theses were only spread around as much because there were printing presses churning them out. So when the the reformation fires before colonialism even spawns its very jarring.

As far as the Ottomans France and Russia joining the "protestant" side of the league war its kinda hard to not have that happen because thats literally what happened historically.

Nations outside of Germany should only be able to join in the fighting after a suitable amount of time or warscore has accumulated. This would also help it feel more like an actual 30 Years War.

Also yeah all of central europe turning prot every game is dumb as hell and I'm surprised they didn't tweak it at all

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Communist Walrus posted:

My experience is that the debt spiral doesn't affect the AI's ability to pose a military threat to the player, at least at first; if anything, it might make it slightly more threatening because it now loves constructing the +force limit buildings and thus can field a larger army. The bigger issue is that it gets so far into debt it'll only accept calls to arms for defensive wars, which is super frustrating if you were depending on your allies to help break up a larger enemy. In some cases you can get around this by gifting the ally money to pay their debt (or pay it directly if you're a great power), but then you get cases like what I posted earlier where a country will be 14,000 gold in debt in the mid 1500s and you have no hope of even making a dent in that.

The real thing to hate about the AI is its deep and abiding love for sending armies thousands of miles away from "the front" (quote marks because there is no real frontline in this game) to siege your back yard, usually to the detriment of its own war effort. I'll stop there since this issue is tied into several others that make war an irritating slog, and I doubt anyone wants to read me spouting off about that crap.

bring back the feature where u had to siege every fort in an area before you could move on, and also forts should occupy surrounding provinces like imperator again. i have spoken

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Oh, should i be cramming courthouses into every province these days? I haven't played eu in years but im trying to get back in the swing of things. How good are state edicts?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

oirat grabbed the mandate while i wasn't paying attention, then ladakh of all places stole it from them. Time to march the manchu banners all the way to the hindu kush i guess...

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

we all live in ubik's long shadow

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ilitarist posted:

People say that Paradox releases were always rushed as if we didn't have CK3 last year.

yeah after CK2's release pdox changed from 'consistently awful releases' to 'wildly inconsistent releases'

this seems p bad though, which is kinda funny after last diary's statement of intent. I hope johan takes a vacation and avoids forum comments for a while

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Dorkopotamis posted:

Does the "top selling" thing account for refunds? I bought it after the patch and while I didn't run into any huge bugs: it did make saves/loads take at least twice as long as before the patch. Performance across the board seemed to tank for me, but I haven't heard anyone else mention that.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I did refund it, but will probably pick it up again once it's sufficiently patched.

Performance seems to have taken a nasty hit from all the curry favor interactions, but that might just be my wonky pre-patch save.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

BgRdMchne posted:

Fix your game

piss off with this please

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Fister Roboto posted:

:agreed:

Stellaris really could have benefited from a non-random start with fully fleshed out empires and species that you could learn about through playing. It would have been a lot more effort, but it would fit more with paradox's style.

Yeah when they announced a 'grand strategy' 4x i assumed this was their plan. Just seems like such an obvious missed opportunity. I mean people seem to love the opening exploration phase of stellaris even though that's by far the dullest part to me so :shrug:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Terrible Opinions posted:

That age ability actually gives the bonus for inland forts automatically, considering them fully blockaded by default.

Oh man what

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

austria is a monster this patch, it seems. Same with mamluks, kind of tired of them bodying the Ottos every playthrough

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

still salty there's not an event to to turn Mamluks into a march if you're beating the tar out of them as Ottos and occupy Cairo or somethin smh

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Jazerus posted:

concentrate development is just such a stupid idea. it should not exist at all, it's impossible to balance - either it's OP or worthless, there's no way to thread the needle.

;yeah cant say im a fan

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Torrannor posted:

Civ 4 was the best Civ game, I agree. They actually tamed ICS to a good extent in a satisfying way. Plus the diplo was way better of course. And the leader personalities made a lot of sense. Not sharing a faith with Isabella? Prepare for war.

BUT STACKS :byodood:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

new dev diary, looks like china/manchuria is getting some more work done which i'm always completely down for. At this point my euiv experience mostly consists of manchu minor -> Qing once a year, for some reason i just love that arc

korea getting some nice buffs too looks like

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lol if ur preferred playstyle isnt getting as many subjects and pu's as possible so as to avoid ever actually waging war urself

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

u, the experienced but jaded eu player online: carefully allocating ur mana, chaining treaties to avoid AE, skillful exploitation of estate privileges, tag and religion switching

me: waste 500 mil rerolling for generals, get reamed by hungary when i forget to pause before going for a smoke break

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

PittTheElder posted:

I want it for the vain hope that they'll fix the loving map projection. That is not where the Americas are :colbert:

give us an actual globe imo

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

new dlc is lookin like EUIV's Holy Fury

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

im a paypig for non western state content packs, muslims especially. Ill keep buying that garbage

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

disjoe posted:

Pleased to announce the new Serbia DLC with a new dynamic mission tree centered around developing that one gold mine.

finally i am seen

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I liked Domination and Lions of the North a lot fwiw

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Jay Rust posted:

AI-controlled player armies… just do it pdx

Imperator, is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ilitarist posted:

I hope it at least has army automation from I:R. In that game it felt like devs were one step away from making every army autonomous if not controlled by your ruler, but they were cowards.

Automation is a solution that spells out gamedesign problem, but I don't know what else can you do on EU scale where you should both support being an Irish minor with 3k troops and world empire that has to transport troops between dozens of colonies and islands which makes any war with an equal power a dreadful prospect.

i loved the army automation in Imperator, especially paired with how characters could decide to gently caress off if they didn't like you + cohort loyalty to their generals. gimme Wallenstein just sorta loving around in Germany doing his own thing for euV