Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I must have missed this, how exactly does Common Sense let you get institutions at will?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So how's the new expansion?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You could probably get insane trade income by conquering all of East Africa and then India to route all East and South Asian trade down to the Cape.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

I finally got the Die Please Die achievement. gently caress Enrique de Trastámara the Unkillable forever. :toot: :suicide:

Anyway, more of a thought experiment to see if I understand trade and production rather than a real question: I got the mission to increase my trade revenue to 60% and I’m sitting at 50-something right now, which got me thinking about it and wiki diving. I have the Sevilla, Caribbean, Cape and Ivory Coast pretty much locked down. If I understand correctly:

- Markets won’t help (much) because the amount of trade power is irrelevant, and only your power relative to others matters. I’m sitting pretty at 80-100% in those nodes.
- Workshops in Colonial Nations will increase the trade value of the node they are in, but also increase my tariffs because they get more money.
- Workshops in territorial cores suffer the 75% autonomy penalty, so they are a crappy investment.
- Trade companies increase the trade value of the node by increasing the goods produced but that only affects other nations, so adding provinces to a trade company where you have 100% trade power won’t help either. This doesn’t seem logical at all but it’s an ironman game and I don’t want to try stuff so far into it.

So my best bet to increase trade income is to either place markets or light ships in CoT where I have low power?

If you're desperate for a quick fix, maybe reducing tariffs on colonial nations would do it?