Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's been out for like ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m trying the Mamluks for the first time ever. So their government guarantees a randomized, low-legitimacy ruler each time? How do I get out of it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dunno, my dude just died and I got some random 20-year-old with 20 legitimacy. No room for consorts or heirs on the ruler screen that I can see.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How do I find out when an army will arrive at its destination a few provinces away? Before, you could mouse over the tiny arrow towards the top of the unit info screen, but it looks like they removed that tooltip. Where did it go?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think if you don't have the DLC, you just get some rando with 20 legitimacy each time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How much Paradox manpower is spent making sure each possible start date is historically accurate, because they should probably lay that guy off, sad to say

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Any tips for African Power (control all of Africa as Kongo)? Stay Fetishist or convert to Christianity? Reform government first or rush Exploration?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

THE BAR posted:

What if you don't have CoC?

Might be referring to the typo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Go Go Kon-go!

Kongo is going very well. I was able to kick the tiny bit of European presence out of Africa completely by 1550.

As you can see in that screenshot, France just declared war on me, citing "Conquest". They don't border me at all, but, uh, how did all of these European powers and their colonial nations get claims on this one province of mine?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can check by hovering over a province while in that region map mode. IIRC the achievement wants St. Helena too, don’t forget it!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's what makes humanism so overpowered. Never care about religion ever again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m thinking of playing a multiplayer game with a newbie friend of mine, what pair of nations would be recommended for a friendly co-op campaign? Castile and Portugal?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Manna from Mann: As Mann, use the Influence Nation diplomatic action on Jerusalem.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Come on and jam, and welcome to the Mann?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Could you though?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God I’m getting uncomfortable just imagining setting that up and playing it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My secret is just to beat up smaller nations and overrun them with numbers, then stop playing when an actual hellwar surfaces, because I don’t have the mental fortitude to micro more than two armies/navies at once

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought it counts as an English offensive war so France gets to call in their friends

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can never change unit group, except by some nation-specific events I think

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I mean, yeah? They’re right next to each other alphabetically.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I Feel Like a New Mann: Have a colonial nation that owns more provinces than you do.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been to Abitibi, and it's exactly like that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In around 1,000 hours of game I've never gotten more than two siege pips on a dude

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Zanzibar getting nerfed?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it just means that if you meet either of the two requirements AND are the emperor, you won’t leave the HRE when you take the decision, which you would otherwise.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it’d be cool if there was a way to tell how old your generals are

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does the Show Strength (or whatever it’s called, the 100% warscore option) peace deal count as humiliation for the age objective?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This thread title doesn’t fit the metre as well as the old one did :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

1200 hours and only ever reached the end date once

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Create a custom nation!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can also create a custom Orthodox nation that’s a carbon copy of an existing nation, like you can grab every Pomeranian province and copy their idea set and leader stats and voilà, you’re an Orthodox Pomerania.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I just Ctrl-Alt-Del to unfuck my fuckups

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Back when Humiliate Rival wasn’t placed at the bottom of the CB list and very easy to use on accident, entire save games would just disappear from my hard drive whenever I opened up the peace screen at the end of the war

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I finally bought Rule Britannia, and am trying a game as Scotland.

I think allying France before the Maine event triggers will gently caress me over, can anyone confirm

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Playing as Scotland, I was hoping to go Anglican. The event happened while I was beating up England, and I guess they chose the option that enables the religion but doesn’t spawn any centres of reformation. So now there’s a three-province England that’s Anglican, and that’s it the only place it exists. Is that the end of that?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So going from Scotland to Great Britain resets your missions, transforming them into England's missions. I don't know whether I like that or not.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah, just punch it in the “Find Province” window (default keyboard shortcut is F)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Basically everything you do in the game should be considered an atrocity.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m excited! So excited in fact that I won’t start a new campaign til the patch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope we see a bunch of “Greater [Baltic Nation]”

edit: Meant “Balkan” but I’ll take anything tbh

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 4, 2018