Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, that's kind of what I keep doing too.

I keep telling myself that I should just ago ahead and keep the forts in Macedonia and Morea simply because it will make it just a little bit more difficult for anyone to invade from the Med.

Like I destroyed the forts there were on Corfu and the Knights island because a Diet objective had me build a fort on the province connected to Corfu and then the Knights island doesn't even connect to land, so if someone wants to invade it then I don't really care.

In the end, I often just turn off the automatically raise maintenance option and then mothball a bunch of forts and only turn them back on if I feel like I am going to need them either for rebels or if I'm about to start a war.

edit - also as an aside, I just absolutely hate generals dying in an accident during training because it makes no loving sense. Generals don't loving train with the troops. The only reason a general should die in the game is due to old age or dying in the middle of a battle. gently caress training accidents and disease deaths.

I honestly think this is just "Was riding a horse surveying the troops then fell and died"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's also wack how like, 0 nations in West Africa have a unique mission tree.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Collecting in a quasi-end node is ideal but going to egypt is the wrong way, you wanna control the entirety of the cape of good hope and collect from the east african node you can funnel all of asian trade into.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Poil posted:

I don't get the point of it, why waste military points to lose a decent +goods produced modifier? It's not like it's a lot of effort to garrison colonies against the super weak natives or just use the peaceful setting.

I do it for the super-sweet settler growth from the hostility option and so I dont have to keep mini-garrisons around as I try to get to the asian trade nodes

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Finally tried doing an Oirat game the proper way and not taking the mandate and holy poo poo, the stuff you can get up to is absolutely insane, no wonder everyone says it's super broken.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

The event that fires when you capture Beijing after capturing the Ming empire just immediately tanks their mandate to 0 and trivializes taking over China. Being able to ping pong between all the culture groups and religions from like, uzbek to tibet and poo poo just means you never run out of steam when conquering and being able to raze everything means you'll just be drowning in MP

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yeah every merchant should be steering trade into your home trade node which you passively
dominate because you killed every other nation in it, imo.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Sri.Theo posted:

When people say you rarely collect in other nodes I feel that’s a very euro centric statement. If you’re playing further away from the end nodes there are lots of times it’s better to collect in multiple nodes.

Even if ultimately you do want to funnel things into one node and only collect there.

Yeah true, I only play in Europe or Africa where you can make an ersatz end node.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The z sound isn't bilabial, also, omfg I didn't realize that much thought was put into the silly fantasy names but it's cool. Anbennar rocks.

It's called Vijayanagar in EU and Vijayanagara irl iirc, so you win either way. I'm annoyed by their northern blue rival. Why is it called Bahmanis so everyone in streams calls it like that's the full name instead of like "Bahmanids" or "Bahmani Sultanate" or something where there's nobody calling it "Bahman-iss" like that's a proper name.

The i is an adjective thing and the s is a pluralization motherfuckers, like pakistanis. The place was not called Bahmaniss. That one annoys me so much and it's insane to describe it in text but :colbert:

When Imperator: Rome came out and everyone called the Antigonid Kingdom the "Ante-go-nid kingdom"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm playin EU4 again but have completely forgotten how lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Decided that instead of trying Granada in vanilla over and over I'd do Frozenmaw-Grombar in Anbennar. It's my second ever game and I'm not even in the 16th century but man is Anbennar really fun and the world setup fun to mess around with

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
For Anbennar does anyone know how to deal with the Grombari War of Religion? I want to try to go Corinite but 400k rebels pop up to force convert me back

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

MonsieurChoc posted:

Huh that never happened to me, I never had trouble staying Old Dookan or flipping before.

They all pop up by event in all of my Old Dookan provinces. Like 18k stacks in every Old Dookan province after the conversion event fires

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
After a bunch of aborted Karashar runs in Anbennar I finally got off the ground in a great way. Decided to do Shadowdreamer instead of Masked Butcher and popped up around Jadd, which had been completely destroyed by Gnolls and Haramari and I'm the biggest guy in Bulwar besides the tiger men. Really impressed by how the mission tree is set up in such a way that no matter where you emerge from the serpentspine from you'll always have something to do!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Or a fun type of secret formable like Karashar

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

yorkinshire posted:

I just picked up this game finally after playing 100s of hours of ck2/3, Stellaris, vic3, and hoi4. I went ahead and did the subscription for the dlc but I was wondering if anyone knew a good video to watch to get me up to speed on the need to knows.

Yes, go onto youtube and look up "Barry Lyndon"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Detheros posted:

And the ai will find the loophole around all of them :v:

vassals and overlords not sharing fort ZoCs is so hosed up

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Private Speech posted:

One more update on my Mulen playthrough (stealthily trying to get people to play Anbennar again because it's kindof awesome):

Still haven't done any tall play, but most of the way there now in terms of the conquest required. Of course whether doing any development as the soon-to-be undisputed #1 world power is meaningful, is, well, debatable.

But for all my complaints it's been very fun to do. Reminds of starting as a French vassal or similar in EU4, it's painful but you actually get something out of it, unlike the more painful of vanilla EU4 starts.

e: Also the solution to not having money is trade and trade companies, the forbidden plains and serpentspine are a different continent and so can be assigned to them. They are also far easier to take over than Bulwar itself and you can really milk them for trade. You can also siphon off trade from Rahen via trade ships and then route it through your trade centers.

Best Bulwar tree is Karashar. Topic Locked.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Freemarches also pwn as a like mix between orc canada and palmares

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Imperator Rome but harder ft mothereffin W

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Just play the mother nation normally and when you get the spawnable event make a save, that way you have a save to go back to to keep playing the mother nation if you ever feel like it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Cheevos should be iron man enabled so it's an actual measure of achievement and not how long someone can tolerate rolling dice

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

cheetah7071 posted:

one of the forum posts on a tinto talks confirmed no vic3 style war.

thank christ

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The start date is from before the golden bull... it's freaking soy!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats how it works in Vicky3 too but I dislike it because its arbitrary and you as the player have effectively zero control about separatist rebels. You get a notifier that it is going to happen soon, a bar fills up, then the new country pops out and is at war with you but... there is all of 1 ineffective action you can take to try to make it stop.

If it is engaging gameplay i'm fine with it but it cant just be some arbitrary FYI "the Sami separatists in northern Sweden have seceded and created their own state" because I'll hate it.

It was better in Imperator and you had a lot of granular control over making it now happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Jay Rust posted:

so is victoria 3, any good?

No.