Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I decided to give old Byzantium a run and it's been going decently well, I pulled off an ok first war with the Ottomans leaving me hideously in debt when during the truce I finally got lucky. Venice got into a war with Serbia and Wallachia which isn't really all that great by itself but Ottomans also decided to vent their frustrations on them and when I declared I also pulled Hungary in against them. Venice was allied with Genoa so I was able to snatch Ragusa, Crete and all the Aegean islands from both of them. Thats when goddamn Constantine XI decided to celebrate these gains by loving dying with no heirs causing Russia and Hungary to go to war over my fucken throne! To add insult to injury a Rurikovich is the new emperor, it pissed me off so much that I reloaded a save and made Constantine pull an heir out of his rear end, and now I have a really lovely heir with low legitimacy and really stupid name.

Johan, if you are reading this, I blame you personally for this situation! IRL Constantine had like 7 brothers so lack of male heirs wasn't one of the million problems they had to face back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The silliest EU game I ever had was when I got so high that I loaded EU II (or maybe even 1) and it had main menu background that look like a map of Europe with fortress walls instead of borders, I got so fascinated by the concept that I sat there staring at this picture for an hour and ended up never starting the game at all.