Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Geisladisk posted:

I decided to try to form the HRE (again), and so far it is one of my most entertaining games yet.

I'm Austria, I've done all the usual Austria early game stuff (PU'd Hungary and Bohemia, beaten Venice up for their lunch money a couple of times), when my heir suddenly dies. No big deal, my Emperor is only 40 and his wife is 32, they're bound to knock out a Emperorling sooner or later. Nope, the next loving month my 40 year old Emperor dies. Because I have no heir, I can't be elected Emperor, so loving Hesse becomes Emperor. My new leader is some 1/2/1 dipshit from a family I've never heard of, I am now 20 over my force limit, and some no-name OPM is Emperor of the loving HRE. I'm mad as hell.

I consider just no-CBing Hesse, vassalizing them, and forcing a re-election, but my legitimacy is now so low thanks to my bungled succession that only Bohemia, my minor partner, will vote for me, despite good relations with all the electors. I decide to just wait until the Emperor dies, at which point my Legitimacy will have healed, and I'll easily win the election. About two months later, the Emperor dies, and Hesse is re-elected - And a loving 18 year old is crowned Emperor. I've got no time for that.

I've had enough of this Hessian Emperor bullshit. I no-CB the Pallatine and Saxony, and Vassalize them. I've now got three Electors in my pocket. I then no-CB Hesse, and vassalize them. A election is held, and my incompetent 1/2/1 dipshit is crowned Emperor (short may he reign). Of course, all of this no-CBing means that the entire HRE, as well as a few Italian states, form a giant coalition against me. I misjudged their strength horribly - I believed that the combined strength of Austria and my partners, as well as my allies in Poland and Castille would be enough to deter them from declaring on me.

Nope. The coalition attacks me. Half of Europe is now at war with the other half. A couple of battles hit 100 thousand troops per side, which is by far the largest I've seen in the 15h Century. I eventually lose, and am forced to release Styria and two other OPMs in the Balkans.

But, I'm Emperor again. And I still have unions with Bohemia and Hungary. And all it cost was a couple of hundred thousand dead soldiers and a few illegitimate wars.

To be honest that is solid roleplaying of a complete dipshit who had no right or skills to be Emperor throwing a fit because everyone realized how worthless he was and didn't hand him the throne.

Long may he reign!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

So I decided to play Burgundy as my first EUIV Ironman game... well after 3-4 flubs I finally got through the game and got the Burgundian Conquest.

It was a pain in the rear end to get into the Empire, I had to boost up the province development of Picardy so I could move my capital... then I had to give away all my other non-empire territory to my vassals, then I declare War on England immediately surrender my capital and bam in the Empire, and shielded from France. Because when I tried to go third way... France kept rivaling and murdering me brutally.

Except the play-through I figure out how to do this I end up with a France that allied me and an Austria that hates my guts. Although France as an ally gave me a big loving stick for when Austria tried to stop me from seizing unlawful territory and they just got owned, especially since I allied Bohemia too.

It took till around 1780 because I eventually turned on France once I got the nationalism casus-beli and slowly ate them, until the amusingly only held provinces on the other side of the Pyrenees and I could finally vassalize them... and their pretty decently sized colonial Empire. Austria somehow got eaten by a Super Salzburg, which annexed all of South Germany, Switzerland and Austria and ended up in a PU under my king. It took like 50 years to integrate them and I released a vassal Austria and got the Burgundian Conquest.

Also Castille colonized the 13 colonies... the USA revolted around 1630 somehow won and expanded across the continent.

Then the age of revolutions was boring because the revolution started in the Crimean Khanate and they got crushed in a few years by Russia and the Ottomans.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

AnoHito posted:

Has anyone actually had a decent revolution happen? it always seems to spawn in the weakest countries (probably because the disaster requires low prestige for god knows what reason) and just get crushed in about a decade with no fanfare. Also I never seem to be able to get it.

I think they should change the triggers/modifiers so it always happens to either a great power or a nation hanging around the bubble that can actually do something with it.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Okay, decided to play as Brandeburg... because I want Prussian Ubermenschen troops and didnt really enjoy the colonization crap... However I got elected Emperor somehow around 1470 or so, the duke of Burgundy died and I got a popup to inherit?

Naturally I took it and somehow all the dutch minor Vassals became my territory and I now control it directly... What happened? I have only ever seen Spain get everything is this normal, or did I get lucky. Its cool, but amusing since I did a Burgundy grand campaign already.

If so :getin: for Super Prussia circa 1500