Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Anyone else having issues with closing the game on Steam? It seems to exit fine, but always shows as 'running' on Steam, meaning you can't start it up again without hard-logging off of Steam.

For me, it's always taken maybe 5-10 seconds after getting back to the desktop for Steam to be responsive again... right-clicking the Steam icon and then hovering over my games list would start working after then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I was just reading a Q&A thread with PDX devs, and Johan made it sounds like EUIV is extremely on life support these days. They are specifically building stuff that avoids major system or engine work. Someone even asked if they'd fix the thing where the entire game has to restart when you go out to the menu, and he was pretty much like "yeah that's not gonna happen"

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Box wine posted:

• There is still a colony on Greenland

Ya I wanna see what crazy poo poo they do with this.

Sidenote, Wikipedia never fails to teach me the important things like what the DNA number/id/whatever(?) for the Timurid Dynasty is. According to a twitter post, it's Y-DNA R-M198 (R1A1) for all those just dying to know.

I did a DNA test through Ancestry.com and apparently I'm R-L226, which is the CK3 Ireland tutorial king's dynasty

e: For more content, I mostly lurk in here and the PDX/CK3 threads, but I'm trying to get into EUIV again. The game is just so dang dense. I'm watching Quill18's tutorial series on YT, but I'm curious if there's any other good obvious "dip your toes into EUIV" material out there.

manero fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 23, 2024

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Ah, interesting, thanks, I haven't come across his channel yet, bookmarked!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Sweet jesus, that's much more readable. Please post that in the next Tinto Talks post in the hopes that Johan sees it.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Screenshots: I like this newer, cleaner, easier to read EUV.

There are posts on the PDX forums of people complaining about how it looks like it's too flat, looks like a website, etc, but I always thought EU4 suffered from too much "ink" - the UI was alright, but there are way too many ornamental things, and it wasn't always clear what was a clickable button, or what was just an icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Groke posted:

It's from EU1 and I wouldn't be shocked if it came from the original boardgame.

Checks out