Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

About drat time you posted this thing. :colbert:

So any plans for the transmission, or just run it until it pops? Shift kit should help extend its life by a few weeks :v:

Gonna guess you'll wind up going Walbro anyway. That stock top tank pic is pretty crispy (esp for this area), but the stock pump not keeping up is kinda a given with the mods you've done. FWIW, GM had a ton of recalls and "enhanced warranties" in the 00s, thanks to the plastic hose barbs on the pump cracking. The Silverado isn't affected AFAIK, but my Saturd was - came in handy when the fuel pump decided it was better suited to "spray all the gasoline everywhere, imma do my lawn sprinkler impersonation!" duty. It wouldn't hurt to punch your VIN into GM's owner center and see if any open recalls and "warranties" are still in effect - that's how I found out about the enhanced fuel pump warranty on my car (e: which got me a new OEM fuel pump module at ~110k).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid me assumed you had a 1500, not a 2500. Didn't realize you had the 80, though the ride height should have given away the 2500 bit.

Plans to tune for E15 or E85? I know E15 is getting a bit easier to find (hell I run that in the Saturd often, it runs fine on it), and E85 is easy to find if you go to TC (Racetrac on Main). I know you have a flex fuel capable ECU already, but I have no idea how many different kinds of tunes you can load in via HP Tuners/etc.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 16, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well poo poo. The more you know. I didn't realize how high the 1500 rode these days either.

I'm (very obviously) not very knowledgeable about newer GM trucks. IMO the 60 should have never been in a full size truck.

... I still say a shift kit will still make it more fun to drive and maybe make the trans last a little longer. :v:

• Locked thread