Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Tom Sellout posted:

I sense a distinct lack of Limas Sweed in that Steelers draft history

I only included the good ones! There're other misses like Dri Archer, but they have a good starter:bust ratio.

And then there's the fringe, inelegant starters like Wheaton and Coates who I did mention.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

gently caress Limas Sweed

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

BrownThunder posted:

gently caress Limas Sweed

He would routinely burn the poo poo out of his man and then just drop the easiest poo poo in the world. That dude would've been great if he wasn't such a drat head case

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

WHOOPS posted:

Between beating the Rams and the Saints losing, Vikings gonna get a whole lotta hype coming out of this game.

about to enter the meat grinder of their schedule, though. winning @DET and @CAR would be ideal.

this didn’t age well

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 19, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fire Capers.

Cut Hundley.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Any Packers fans that still defend Brett Hundley should be permabanned.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Three miracles from todays Ravens game:

Rare shutout at Lambeau(though against Hundley to be fair)

*also our first ever win at Lambeau

*Woodhead NOT injured

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"There are three NFL teams that have never won a regular season game at Lambeau, which are the Arizona Cardinals (0–7), Baltimore Ravens (0–3), and Denver Broncos (0–4)."

Make that two, Wikipedia :smug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In an epic battle, the Tom Savages have defeated the Blaine Gabberts

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Goff played much better than his stat line suggests, I feel like he got let down a lot by his receivers today. Minnesota just flat out played better in the 4th to pull away and this loss feels bad man.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder posted:

In an epic battle, the Tom Savages have defeated the Blaine Gabberts

How is Blaine Gabbert still in the loving league

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Nice win by Minnesota and I refuse to be sucked in like this.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

quote:

Did you just listen to that question I just answered? I got three years invested in Brett Hundley. Two years invested in Joe Callahan. The quarterback room is exactly where it needs to be. OK? We’re fortunate to have a great quarterback in Aaron Rodgers. We’re committed to the path that we’re on. We need to play better as a football team.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kirios posted:

That first series, up to the interception, was great!

And then he fell apart faster than the Browns.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Randaconda posted:

How is Blaine Gabbert still in the loving league

I feel like we'll be asking this about Bortles in five years or so

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Vikings came out and played a great game against a very good Rams team.

The No. 2 seed in the NFC is in play, and a huge game against the Lions on Thanksgiving is coming up.

Hopefully Sendejo / Robison are healthy for the game, but Hunter / Harris had good games (Harris especially with his forced fumble on the 1 yard line.)

The Vikings are 8-2 :getin:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kirios posted:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Hundley is the worst starting quarterback in the league right now.

The Packers were 4-1 with the best quarterback in the league, then 1-4 with the worst. The Packers are a thoroughly mediocre team that was almost entirely propped up by Aaron Rodgers. Ted Thompson needs to retire or "retire" into head of scouting and Dom Capers needed to be fired three years ago. Hire coaches that can actually coach players into playing well, coaches that can draw up defensive schemes that don't need four years of study to actually execute.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Goff played much better than his stat line suggests, I feel like he got let down a lot by his receivers today. Minnesota just flat out played better in the 4th to pull away and this loss feels bad man.

i️ was so amped for this game, i totally get the let down feeling. thought it was a good, hard
fought game that only broke open on Thielen’s TD. prior to that, both teams left some opportunities on the table (FGs and the Krupp fumble) and were forcing each other out of their comfort zones.

i saw a rumor (?) that the Rams get to the line quick so they can get a look at the D and radio in a play change before it clicks off. the noise at US Bank definitely seemed to impact that, in addition to there being nothing for Gurley in the run game. Still, it was competitive throughout and i could see it playing very differently in LA. Rams are on their way up, for sure.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duvalllllllllllllllllllll

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

OxySnake posted:

The No. 2 seed in the NFC is in play, and a huge game against the Lions on Thanksgiving is coming up.

Hopefully Sendejo / Robison are healthy for the game, but Hunter / Harris had good games (Harris especially with his forced fumble on the 1 yard line.)

Griffen seemed to still be slowed by whatever happed in London, so wild like to see him get healthy soon.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are going to make the playoffs and it's hurting my brain

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

WHOOPS posted:

i️ was so amped for this game, i totally get the let down feeling. thought it was a good, hard
fought game that only broke open on Thielen’s TD. prior to that, both teams left some opportunities on the table (FGs and the Krupp fumble) and were forcing each other out of their comfort zones.

i saw a rumor (?) that the Rams get to the line quick so they can get a look at the D and radio in a play change before it clicks off. the noise at US Bank definitely seemed to impact that, in addition to there being nothing for Gurley in the run game. Still, it was competitive throughout and i could see it playing very differently in LA. Rams are on their way up, for sure.

It was Zimmer who mentioned that during an interview. It looked like MIN had a lot of late movement in the defense to disguise their alignment and brought a lot of extra pressure, which usually got home.

Goff took a lot of hits and by the end of the game he was rushing throws because he expected the hits.

The Rams are still really good they just had a bad game and will probably be back to normal after this week.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder posted:

I feel like we'll be asking this about Bortles in five years or so

I think Bort will end up as one of those journeyman back-ups. You stop paying attention then realize he's been in the league for 13 years.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Also RIP my 538 predictions because the Chiefs couldn't beat the god drat Giants.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Fire Adam Gase.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/932356127400124416

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
In normal circumstances, your kicker pissing away a nice two minute drive by your rookie quarterback to lose the game would be a bad thing.

But on the other hand, Barth just put another nail into John Fox's coffin. And even if he had made it, there were more baffling coaching decisions. No Cohen/Shaheen/Inman on the final drive until it was 3rd and forever. Why? It makes no sense. They were your best playmakers all game long and one of the few who could get open. Your offense actually looked dangerous when you let them play in the first half. I can't see this staff leave quickly enough.

The last two weeks have also demonstrated that the Bears defense still has a ways to go...and that was before Kyle Fuller inadvertently destroyed Leonard Floyd's knee. They already needed to add another edge rusher for next year, and now they may need two, if that injury was as bad as it looked. :smith:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

OxySnake posted:

Harris had a fantastic game and the forced fumble was as key a moment as there was in the game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A professional team just lost to the New York football Giants

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

A professional team just lost to the New York football Giants

A team that was a Superbowl hopeful like 3 weeks ago

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gone

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

A team that was a Superbowl hopeful like 3 weeks ago

poo poo maybe a Super Bowl favorite 4 or 5 weeks ago.

This is off of a bye week too, which is when Andy Reid is supposed to be money. Just...loving awful all around.

Bring on Mahomes, at least lose on hilarious huck it deep interceptions instead of this poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

poo poo maybe a Super Bowl favorite 4 or 5 weeks ago.

No non-Patriots AFC team is a Superbowl favorite as long as Brady is still playing

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lmao Redskins

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Dear Redskins,

Of loving course you do this. There goes the season. Say goodbye to Cousins and let's get ready for another ~5 years of 5 wins a season again.

You are the gimme of the NFL. The 'Feel-good-comeback game' for all other teams in the league. There's a reason every time you see a Skin's player in an NFL commercial they're getting dunked on.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why haven't the Redskins paid Cousins?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kirios posted:

Why haven't the Redskins paid Cousins?

Its more Cousins doesn't want to be paid by Washington

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/932361447451045888

kizer joke

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Fire Adam Gase.

He sure goes for it on 4th down a lot for a guy who obviously has no confidence in his offense, although what can you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Its more Cousins doesn't want to be paid by Washington
Washington has not made him any good offers, if I remember correctly.

• Locked thread