Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Belichick breaks down plays from Pats at Broncos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5fHlLbsqCU

Broncos are real bad and Patriots are real good

"They decide to double team Ebner, that's unusual....you don't usually see that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mike McCarthy post-game conference: https://www.facebook.com/Packers/videos/10155519679385073

Presented without comment.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
How in the eff did the Chiefs lose to the Giants?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Come to Saxonsonville, Cousins.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Washington wanted Kirk long-term they'd have pursued that option before now. He wants to get paid, they don't want to do that, and he can't and shouldn't wait forever for them to maybe change their minds on that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

How in the eff did the Chiefs lose to the Giants?

Bad Alex combined with bad Andy. The game shouldn't have even gone to OT, the Giants missed an extra point early on that let KC tie at the end of regulation.

There was a Travis Kelce tight end pass that was picked off at one point.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Randaconda posted:

How is Blaine Gabbert still in the loving league

3 tds motherfucker that's how

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This game reminded me of the 2009 Saints/Dolphins game where the Dolphins had a huge lead, but the Saints came back to win.

I believe in this New Orleans Saints team.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hello friends, have you heard the good word of the Saints?

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
lol the Washington Fighting Dan Snyders are the most confusing team in football. They're fun to watch as a non fan but holy poo poo do they make a few head scratchers a game (often in the last two min of a half).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hello friends, have you heard the good word of the Saints?

You need a new avatar too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey, I need a new avatar too, jesus.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

You need a new avatar too.

Yea, gonna have to give this one some thought.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Hey, I need a new avatar too, jesus.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, gonna have to give this one some thought.

Something like this, just shrunken maybe?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
:siren: Bad Alex is back :siren:

https://i.imgur.com/mirOMl7.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/heE4f2b.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ijHvQIV.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/4yne5tN.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/dtCBEkG.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/CV6UJGg.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/1r2rIvI.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/7Uj2Xbq.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ihyQQNZ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/IvZJ2fQ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/V0DaWte.gifv

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Intruder posted:

A team that was a Superbowl hopeful like 3 weeks ago
They never were. Anyone with awareness knew 6-0 was a total mirage.

I think this week is a clear sign it needs to be Mahomes time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol chiefs is about all I have to say.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Something like this, just shrunken maybe?

Sean looks like someone told him they’re handing out free oxy at the team store to celebrate the win.

Actually, someone photoshop it so that Sean looks like he’s carrying a trash can full of pills and needles and and I’m down.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
As a Panthers fan who was rooting for the Redskins for one single game I am absolutely appalled and disgusted.

I can only wonder how actual Redskins fans feel.

:wtc:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Packers coaching is terrible. Rodgers deserves better than this poo poo rear end team.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

it worked extremely well.... once

https://i.imgur.com/o2YrYWb.gifv

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Guys I think the problem might not be Tyrod.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

That one was just a bad read and bad luck that Kelce didn't handle it and it went for a pick, he should have handed it off to Hill. The one where he throws it 10 yards short of an open receiver is much more maddening to me.

Or the one where he misses a wide open receiver and takes a sack. Or all the ones where he looks like Alex Smith has looked for years outside of a few games earlier this season.

Chromatic posted:

it worked extremely well.... once

Yeah it's also true that if you have a good play and run it too often (and KC has gone to that well a bunch) NFL defenses will...you know...scout that poo poo and adjust.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/JenksNBCS/status/932361191560765442

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'm really starting to come around to the idea that Mike McCarthy actually kinda sucks and has been getting propped up by Rodgers this whole time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Guys I think the problem might not be Tyrod.

No the defense still sucks, he isn't benched enough

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Durandal1707 posted:

I'm really starting to come around to the idea that Mike McCarthy actually kinda sucks and has been getting propped up by Rodgers this whole time.
I'd like to extend that to THE ENTIRE TEAM. You could replace the entire team with practice squad guys, and they'd play just as well with and without Rodgers. I do feel there are some talented guys playing, but the offensive and defensive schemes dull all of it.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Leon Einstein posted:

I'd like to extend that to THE ENTIRE TEAM. You could replace the entire team with practice squad guys, and they'd play just as well with and without Rodgers. I do feel there are some talented guys playing, but the offensive and defensive schemes dull all of it.

Jordy, Mike Daniels, Mathews and Davante Adams are all legitimately good players.

Everything else was Rodgers being otherworldly in his abilities to escape pressure and put the football on a dime while on the run, and other teams having to play around the fact they would have to put up 24+ points to win a game.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
The Cardinals are not good.

Sucks about Foreman :(

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Jordy, Mike Daniels, Mathews and Davante Adams are all legitimately good players.

Everything else was Rodgers being otherworldly in his abilities to escape pressure and put the football on a dime while on the run, and other teams having to play around the fact they would have to put up 24+ points to win a game.
Matthews is not worth the money he's getting paid though. Cobb is good too. I don't think he's being utilized correctly though. I don't know how many times I've seen him take a direct snap and have the play fail completely. I think that getting a new coach and a new DC would be at worst a lateral move. Rodgers is definitely not dependent on Mike for any of his success.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

DariusLikewise posted:

Goff played much better than his stat line suggests, I feel like he got let down a lot by his receivers today. Minnesota just flat out played better in the 4th to pull away and this loss feels bad man.

It's going to feel even worse when the Seahawks win tomorrow and take first place in the division. :hawksin:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tyrod Taylor. The offense is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the Air Coryell most of the throws will go over a typical receiver’s head. There’s also Tyrod’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his play- his defense-reading philosophy draws heavily from RG3, for instance. The analytical crowd understands this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the quality of these throws, to realise that they’re not just conservative- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tyrod Taylor truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the mastery in Tyrod’s existential audible “Blue 22, set hut,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Tarkenton’s Viking epic passing game. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Taylor’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :greencube:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Tyrod tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid :smuggo:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Hundley is the worst starting quarterback in the league right now.

Let me tell you about Nathan Peterman...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Let me tell you about Nathan Peterman...

I don't think the Bills are suicidal enough to do that again. The Pack are just going to keep going with Hundley.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Mike McCarthy post-game conference: https://www.facebook.com/Packers/videos/10155519679385073

Presented without comment.

yall ever see them wasps that hack into a cockroach's head and mind-control it into acting as an ideal host for carnivorous wasp larvae

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leon Einstein posted:

OxySnake posted:

I think the Packers need to go through a "revitalizement" process. The team is clearly stagnant and Rodgers is a huge reason that they've been perennially good -- but the stagnancy is why they can't take the next step and make it to the Super Bowl. Fire Capers, fire anyone who objects to Capers being fired, retire Ted into Head of Scouting, promote Eliot Wolf to GM. Get McCarthy to knock off whatever the gently caress it is that he's doing, let him know he's on a two year timer and if significant improvement hasn't been seen by then then he's going to be replaced with someone younger and fresher. I think McCarthy's gotten to the point where he has too much authority within the organization and people are increasingly reluctant to criticize him or push back against him.

Clay Matthews needs his contract reworked or to just be cut/traded to some other team. He's been a great player for years but the last few years he just hasn't really been living up to that contract. People have defended that contract before by pointing out that he's been playing at MLB. Well, he's at OLB now, and we have a good defensive line, Perry on the other edge rushing inside, and Martinez shoring up the middle so Clay doesn't have to worry about anything other than crushing the quarterback. He's lucky to bring in a sack every couple games. It legit looks like he's lost a step. He's still good, don't get me wrong, but he's not playing like an elite talent. We're paying him like an elite talent. This affects the flexibility with what the front office can do with the rest of the team.

Randall Cobb also has an overinflated contract for what he's brought to the team. I love Cobb but Davante Adams is up for a new contract this offseason and I will be furious if the Packers let Adams walk like they did with Hayward and Hyde. Adams is the future of the offense - he'll be a young 25 years old at the start of the 2018 season and he's been super productive even with Hundley at quarterback. Something needs to be done about Cobb's contract -- ideally he stays with the team but for less than the $12.5M cap hit he's costing. Nelson will take any contract the Packers give him, and I'd like to keep him around through to his retirement -- he has too much of a rapport with Rodgers to let him go, and he's probably got 2-3 seasons left anyway.

The Packers are spending $26M on Cobb and Nelson, and Adams is going to get somewhere in the vicinity of $13-15M. This isn't sustainable, and Cobb is looking like the likely casualty. On top of that, Rodgers will probably start asking for a contract extension soon, we're approaching two seasons remaining on his contract, and he's being paid only $21M a year. Somewhere in the range of $26-28M is probably what he'll get.

Cleaning up some of these contracts will help give the team more breathing room to resign players like Adams, Clinton-Dix, and Linsley in the near future.

Draft needs: TE, CB, RT. Lower priority: QB, WR, S.

Leon Einstein posted:

Matthews is not worth the money he's getting paid though. Cobb is good too. I don't think he's being utilized correctly though. I don't know how many times I've seen him take a direct snap and have the play fail completely. I think that getting a new coach and a new DC would be at worst a lateral move. Rodgers is definitely not dependent on Mike for any of his success.

I'd go into it more but the defense has plenty of talent and multiple players who are still progressing and growing. I actually do feel really optimistic about this defense's future, at least assuming the unthinkable doesn't happen again and a player gets Collins/Shields'd. The inexplicable breakdowns are entirely on Capers.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

Any Packers fans that still defend Brett Hundley should be permabanned.

I said before that the Packers should see what they have and not panic sign another QB. I still stand by not signing another QB. Not because Hundley is any good, but because there isn't anyone who can replace Rodgers anyway. The team is riddled with injuries again and I'm not even sure a healthy Rodgers could save this season like he did last year when we were a game behind where we are now after 10 games.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think the Bills are suicidal enough to do that again. The Pack are just going to keep going with Hundley.

Don't you ever underestimate the Bills's stupidity.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs fans: we will always have that week 1 win over New England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fenrir posted:

I'm not even sure a healthy Rodgers could save this season like he did last year when we were a game behind where we are now after 10 games.

I disagree. The defense performed very well today, considering all the turnovers the offense committed, and held the Ravens to 13 points up until the very end of the match. With Rodgers, the Packers commit maybe one turnover, and definitely score at least a pair of touchdowns -- which changes the game entirely, changes the strategic approach of both the Packers offense and defense.

Going from the best quarterback in the game to one of the worst changes the game completely. That said, it's a moot point since Rodgers isn't coming back until at least the Panthers game, and probably won't come back this season at all.

• Locked thread