Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

super excited for patriots/steelers in the afc championship game :geno:
Hey look, the Jaguars are trying to disrupt that annoying tradition, okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am all the way on board with 18-1 at this point. Go bird team :unsmith:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Freaquency posted:

I am all the way on board with 18-1 at this point. Go bird team :unsmith:

It Is Known. Thank you for believing friend.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I liked when he threw his first pick they were amazed it was dak's first int on play action

instead of just a giant :thunk: they went on to talk about how great a qb he is.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

FizFashizzle posted:

I liked when he threw his first pick they were amazed it was dak's first int on play action

instead of just a giant :thunk: they went on to talk about how great a qb he is.

For how lovely he looked last night there was an insane amount of Dak fellating going on. They were constantly hammering on about how "his LT is out, how can he play up to standards". Meanwhile Wentz is playing with a LT who played most of last year at RT and still flayed their D.

They also did it with Wentz though. But he is good and deserved it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

The thing that blows my mind is that Dak is a pretty average QB but he has a ridiculous supporting cast which makes him look really good. Really good o-line (when healthy), great receivers, great running backs and the team is humming along. You would think other teams could learn and build like this instead of constantly trying to hit a home run on QB prospects.

Look at Baltimore. Look at Jacksonville. Look at Minnesota. You don't need an elite QB to be a good NFL team.

It makes what the Bills did yesterday even more baffling. McDermott should be on the hot seat for that game alone. They were the #6 seed heading into that game :wtc:

axeil fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 20, 2017

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

That Skins loss was pure, uncut DC Sports.

axeil posted:

The thing that blows my mind is that Dak is a pretty average QB but he has a ridiculous supporting cast which makes him look really good. Really good o-line (when healthy), great receivers

There's good depth but people have realized that Dez isn't what he was made out to be.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

Look at Baltimore.

Well played.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My take on the Cowboys is basically this:

Dez has turned into a pumpkin but they keep forcing him the ball, he has the worst catch % of all their receivers by MILES.
They are playing pure trash tier backups at left tackle, like absolute shitbags, and against the Falcons made zero adjustments to their blocking against edge rushers.
The defense without Lee (which is all the time every year) is poo poo against everything.
Finally, Jason Garrett is just a bad coach who can't make adjustments and kind of does nothing but stand around and clap with a stupid face while his coordinators do whatever.

Dak was never SUPER ELITE HALL OF FAME LOCK COUNT THE RINGS, but he's a good player. The bigger problem is the Cowboys are, fundamentally, just real dumb in a lot of ways.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This Cowboys team - like all Cowboy teams before it - has zero depth. So when the inevitable injuries happen they just roll over and die because beyond their stars they have no quality players.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This Cowboys team - like all Cowboy teams before it - has zero depth. So when the inevitable injuries happen they just roll over and die because beyond their stars they have no quality players.

it is known.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I didn't watch the Bills game. I assume they brought Tyrod in for the second half?

e:

quote:

Tyrod Taylor completed 15-of-25 passes for 158 yards and one touchdown in the Bills' Week 11 loss to the Chargers.
Benched earlier in the week in favor of fifth-round rookie Nathan Peterman, Taylor was called upon to start the second half after Peterman soiled the bed in his first NFL start, throwing five first-half interceptions. When Taylor took the reins, it was already a 40-7 deficit. Taylor's touchdown pass was a 12-yard hookup to LeSean McCoy after Charles Clay dropped one in the end zone on the previous play. Taylor also ran for a two-yard score, totaling 38 yards on the ground. He also lost a fumble that was returned for a touchdown. Coach Sean McDermott said he'd think about who will start Week 12 against Kansas City, but we'd bet it's Taylor. He'd be a borderline QB1/2.

WTF is wrong with McDermott

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 20, 2017

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

No Butt Stuff posted:

I didn't watch the Bills game. I assume they brought Tyrod in for the second half?

yep. he had a solid game in garbage time

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

CyberPingu posted:

For how lovely he looked last night there was an insane amount of Dak fellating going on. They were constantly hammering on about how "his LT is out, how can he play up to standards". Meanwhile Wentz is playing with a LT who played most of last year at RT and still flayed their D.

They also did it with Wentz though. But he is good and deserved it.

Have you never watched a SNF game before? Collinsworth only commentary is to constantly gush about how good a QB is.

Watch a GB/NE/NO game sometime and despair.

Also: Greg Olsen was really good in the broadcast booth for MIN v LAR. He will probably have a career in it after he retires.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just let Romo do every game. Clone him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

aBagorn posted:

Well played.

I'm glad someone caught it. :)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a patagonian cavy posted:

yep. he had a solid game in garbage time

To be fair, Garbage Time (tm) was the entire second half of the game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Romo was so good covering the Patriots - Raiders game.

I wish he could do every game I watched.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Romo was so good covering the Patriots - Raiders game.

I wish he could do every game I watched.

JUuuuuuuuust a bit outside.

Nov 6, 2002

The Raiders got jobbed a bit by the refs. There wasn't even a flag against New England until well into the 3rd quarter.

That being said, it didn't matter because the Raider's secondary and wide receivers were TRAAAAAAAAASSHHHHH.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/932627935944724480

Problem solved :toot:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Musgrave promoted to OC.

Nov 6, 2002

Surely this move will turn Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch into actual quarterbacks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hey look, the Jaguars are trying to disrupt that annoying tradition, okay?

Barring the Saints making it too, I'd root hard for a Jaguars team in the Super Bowl.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Barring the Saints making it too, I'd root hard for a Jaguars team in the Super Bowl.
I really dont think they have the offense (if injuries werent so bad things may have been functional, but right now the offense is borderline dysfunctional) to make it that far, but I know Tom Brady melts in the face of a passrush which is the only thing that gives me hope.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

dak prescot....more like dork prescott!!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress Mike McCoy

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

gently caress Mike McCoy

a neat cape posted:

gently caress Mike McCoy

a neat cape posted:

gently caress Mike McCoy

a neat cape posted:

gently caress Mike McCoy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/932687673092739072

lol. he's right though, 4th and 1 sack up and go for it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

axeil posted:

The thing that blows my mind is that Dak is a pretty average QB but he has a ridiculous supporting cast which makes him look really good. Really good o-line (when healthy), great receivers, great running backs and the team is humming along. You would think other teams could learn and build like this instead of constantly trying to hit a home run on QB prospects.

Look at Baltimore. Look at Jacksonville. Look at Minnesota. You don't need an elite QB to be a good NFL team.

It makes what the Bills did yesterday even more baffling. McDermott should be on the hot seat for that game alone. They were the #6 seed heading into that game :wtc:

Joe Flacco is an elite QB, tyvm

And Bort is still very bad

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

PupsOfWar posted:

dak prescot....more like dork prescott!!!

Rayne Dakota Prescott

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
McCoy isn't even a good OC anymore but it's hard for me to really pin the Broncos' implosion on him. The problem with that offense has a lot to do with Elway neglecting the offensive line in the draft and whiffing hard on QBs. All three of those guys are total stiff and Osweiler wouldn't even be in the league if he wasn't fuckin' 6'7. I have no love for McCoy as a coach but Elway deserves the brunt of the blame for this.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Durandal1707 posted:

McCoy isn't even a good OC anymore but it's hard for me to really pin the Broncos' implosion on him. The problem with that offense has a lot to do with Elway neglecting the offensive line in the draft and whiffing hard on QBs. All three of those guys are total stiff and Osweiler wouldn't even be in the league if he wasn't fuckin' 6'7. I have no love for McCoy as a coach but Elway deserves the brunt of the blame for this.

Sieman is a 7th round pick, hard to call that a whiff.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:discourse:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Elway's skill-position draft picks since taking over in 2011

That's a pretty loving bleak list there

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Benne posted:

How many of their Super Bowl players were drafted by mcDaniels lol?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Christ, I forgot Paxton Lynch was a first rounder. Whifff

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many of their Super Bowl players were drafted by mcDaniels lol?

I think only just 2 - Demaryius Thomas and backup safety David Bruton. I didn't check for free agents that McDaniels would have brought in, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

WHOOPS posted:

i️ was so amped for this game, i totally get the let down feeling. thought it was a good, hard
fought game that only broke open on Thielen’s TD. prior to that, both teams left some opportunities on the table (FGs and the Krupp fumble) and were forcing each other out of their comfort zones.

i saw a rumor (?) that the Rams get to the line quick so they can get a look at the D and radio in a play change before it clicks off. the noise at US Bank definitely seemed to impact that, in addition to there being nothing for Gurley in the run game. Still, it was competitive throughout and i could see it playing very differently in LA. Rams are on their way up, for sure.

I was really excited for the game and was let down by the performance they put out, but also for the Rams to come out of the gate and score a TD off the bat and then poo poo the bed after that was extra disappointing. Full credit to the Vikings for taking control of the game, I had a sinking feeling right after Murray punched in his first TD and your defense was all over Goff.

• Locked thread