Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

who could possibly have seen this coming, other than literally any human being who bore witness to a single down of college football played by one Mr. Nathaniel Peterman

he was a great Pinstripe Bowl Participant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I hate that Walsh is gonna take heat for this, because this loss was Carroll's fault.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/932833264573845505

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what's he all excited about, any idiot can easily kick a game-winning or tying field goal in soldier field

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm glad that I get to keep believing the Falcons might make the playoffs for another week... Or 2 weeks I guess since next week is vs the Bucs?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
If the Lions had Blair Walsh instead of Matt Prater last year they would've gone 1-15.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The feeling when your coach goes for a fake field goal than lose by 3

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
You guys see this recent photo of Blair Walsh?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Gonz posted:

You guys see this recent photo of Blair Walsh?

Is he the shoe with the black and teal sole?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Walsh would hang himself but he cant kick the chair out from under him.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
N: Seahawks smrt. Smrtr than other teams. The smrtrst.

V: The :laugh: dog should have been edited in over the final minutes of the game because oh god I'm still laughing.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Pete Carrol is so lucky to have Russ.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
If posted already disregard

https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/932845841185898496

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
If you would have told me we limited Matt Ryan to 195 yards and two touchdowns and scored over 30 I'd have been stoked :sigh:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

I hate that Walsh is gonna take heat for this, because this loss was Carroll's fault.

Yeah, the fake fg call was really stupid and at the end a 52 harder is far from a guaranteed kick even for a good kicker.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Pete Carrol is so lucky to have Russ.

Imagine if Lubby didn't have Cutler.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Well that sure was the Choke Bowl I guess.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

OxySnake posted:

Walsh would hang himself but he cant kick the chair out from under him.

:laffo:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Christ, I forgot Paxton Lynch was a first rounder. Whifff
They gave up a 3rd in order to move up in the 1st for Lynch. They were bidding against the Cowboys too. Double lol.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Russell Wilson looks to be at the beginning of his Tom Brady type career swing. Brady was just a "good" QB for his first few years while being on some extremely good teams with incredible defenses. then he actually got really good. so Wilson will probably have like 5 or 7 super bowls when its all said and done and he'll be even more annoying than Brady

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Russell Wilson looks to be at the beginning of his Tom Brady type career swing. Brady was just a "good" QB for his first few years while being on some extremely good teams with incredible defenses. then he actually got really good. so Wilson will probably have like 5 or 7 super bowls when its all said and done and he'll be even more annoying than Brady

Or..his O Line is so poo poo that he wont survive another 4 seasons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Their defense has carried that team, and is starting its very quick collapse.

Wilson is very good at putting up lots of yards when the team is trailing and they can run come back routes all over the field. But he also threw a hideous interception last night and got strip sacked because his whole game is about running around like an idiot until enough offensive PI has been committed that someone can get open.

Eventually he'll suffer a lower body injury and that will be it.

Also lol at the falcons spying wilson with Vic Beasley. The Panthers spent a first rounder specifically on a player to do that and the falcons just said "oh yeah put that de on him that'll work."

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

As long as he stays in Seattle!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I mean, Russell Wilson is Real Good even though he's Real Dorky, but this season looks exactly like every season he's had to this point in his career, including the excessive sack rate, and his coach remains prone to doing random dumb poo poo to gently caress the team over. They seem determined to keep their garbage offensive staff forever while never fielding a decent OL.

So even if he turns into Aaron Rodgers, in terms of Super Bowls he's gonna probably end up... like Aaron Rodgers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sean10mm posted:

I mean, Russell Wilson is Real Good even though he's Real Dorky, but this season looks exactly like every season he's had to this point in his career, including the excessive sack rate, and his coach remains prone to doing random dumb poo poo to gently caress the team over. They seem determined to keep their garbage offensive staff forever while never fielding a decent OL.

So even if he turns into Aaron Rodgers, in terms of Super Bowls he's gonna probably end up... like Aaron Rodgers.
Tell me more about this excessive sack rate.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Zerilan posted:

Yeah, the fake fg call was really stupid and at the end a 52 harder is far from a guaranteed kick even for a good kicker.

A good kicker, maybe.

Matt Prater, on the other hand:

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/932354459979669509?s=17

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

gently caress Mike McCoy

I agree!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/CryingJordan/status/932961307099144196

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Tell me more about this excessive sack rate.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The other Tom Brady Comparison is a rich wife. Now, she doesn't have Gisele money but a quick google search says she is worth $20 million, which Russel Wilson could easily eclipse in a season if he wants it to in his new contract. So will he take the high contract, or go the Brady route and take very little to let the team buy a good defense and OL?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

The other Tom Brady Comparison is a rich wife. Now, she doesn't have Gisele money but a quick google search says she is worth $20 million, which Russel Wilson could easily eclipse in a season if he wants it to in his new contract. So will he take the high contract, or go the Brady route and take very little to let the team buy a good defense and OL?

He needs to get more into his nanobubble healthcare scam so Paul Allen can pay him under the table.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

When do FO rankings come out usually?

I am chomping at the bit to see where MN is ranked at this point.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!
Late this afternoon / early evening today typically.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

He needs to get more into his nanobubble healthcare scam so Paul Allen can pay him under the table.

Sacks can't concuss nanobubbled brains.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I like how the league goes out of its way to hype its concussion awareness, and when one of its marquee players flaunts the rules twice the repercussions are like three seconds of the owners yearly dividends.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Sacks can't concuss nanobubbled brains.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

:captainpop: Literally just spit out my coffee; that's amazing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

So uh holy poo poo, Mexico :wtc:

"CBS manages to drown out gay slurs chants at Patriots-Raiders game in Mexico

Last year, the slur was heard on ESPN’s Monday Night Football telecast from Mexico."

http://awfulannouncing.com/cbs/cbs-manages-drown-gay-slurs-chants-patriots-raiders-game-mexico.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That was an interesting crowd.

At one point in the first half the Patriots offense was in the red zone and there were simultaneous "DE-FENSE" and "BRADY! BRADY!" chants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
At least they weren't trying to blind either Carr or Brady this time, unlike last year?

• Locked thread