Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Packers coaching is terrible. Rodgers deserves better than this poo poo rear end team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Durandal1707 posted:

I'm really starting to come around to the idea that Mike McCarthy actually kinda sucks and has been getting propped up by Rodgers this whole time.
I'd like to extend that to THE ENTIRE TEAM. You could replace the entire team with practice squad guys, and they'd play just as well with and without Rodgers. I do feel there are some talented guys playing, but the offensive and defensive schemes dull all of it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Jordy, Mike Daniels, Mathews and Davante Adams are all legitimately good players.

Everything else was Rodgers being otherworldly in his abilities to escape pressure and put the football on a dime while on the run, and other teams having to play around the fact they would have to put up 24+ points to win a game.
Matthews is not worth the money he's getting paid though. Cobb is good too. I don't think he's being utilized correctly though. I don't know how many times I've seen him take a direct snap and have the play fail completely. I think that getting a new coach and a new DC would be at worst a lateral move. Rodgers is definitely not dependent on Mike for any of his success.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

sponges posted:

The Packers need to start planning for life without Rodgers. He's getting into the age when most QBs start to regress. He's on the back nine of his career.
Not really. They do need to get a new backup, but they're not going to get his replacement in the next draft unless he gets a career ending injury. He played with a gimpy leg where he had no scrambling ability, and he still rolled. The problem with the Packers has nothing to do with Rodgers regressing skills wise; they just clearly are lost without him

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah its more like vice versa here--the Packers are a good team completely ruined by Hundley. He is *that* bad.
He really is. He is so slow to pull the trigger on stuff that he fucks up the entire timing of plays. Then he chucks it up for grabs.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Gonz posted:

Dak Trashcott

No running game? No success.

Cowboys are a paper tiger.

Did anyone think they were any type of tiger? They overachieved last year.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Barudak posted:

The entire national sports media, yes

Eh, they just get talked about more because they're the most popular team. I haven't really seen anyone calling them elite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

186 posted:

I will have you know Aaron Rodgers will will CPOTY, season MVP, and Super Bowl MVP next test :colbert:
Maybe if he gets traded.

I am salty that the Packers front office put together such a dog poo poo team around him. They've drafted mostly defense since like 2011, and have they shown ANY improvement AT ALL?! Not really, no. gently caress Capers, and Fat Mike probably should go too. He's somehow convinced he's the reason the Packers have had success under his tenure.

Put Rodgers on the Browns and they'd win 10 games. Seriously.

• Locked thread