Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

mysterious loyall X posted:

aw crap i've been doing them all onhard mode fuuuu

You need all hard mode unlocks for every character for the "100%" achievement in afterbirth and ab+. A full Hard post-it note for a character unlocks a co-op baby, which is required for completion but usually useless lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

double post ):<

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i did it i beat hush so now i have the whole completion note for the keeper. i had: godhead, the souls, head of greed or whatever penny tears is, sychte, 9 shot speed, maxed normal speed, piggy bank, the stopwatch that slows everything on hit, and two full health pills so it was basically impossible to die since i had a billion coins just from shooting and when i did get hit everything got super slow. thanks for your support everyone now i can play a truely great game instead of this crap dungeons of dredmore

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Congrats :cheers: and enjoy the :siren: goon made :siren: Dungeons of Dredmore

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

quote:

Today, Afterbirth+ received its final update, The Forgotten Update, which adds "new items, new unlocks, new trinkets, new enemies, a new character and over 800 new rooms to explore." As creator Edmund McMillen said on Tumblr, it also comes with a new boss, plus it's free to players who own Afterbirth+.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i hope the character moves at half maggies speed, only does 2 damge, and has tear delay 3x longer than the keepers. and also all the new rooms are stuff like 10 stone babies and 2 bloats in a long narrow hallway room

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope the character moves at half maggies speed, only does 2 damge, and has tear delay 3x longer than the keepers. and also all the new rooms are stuff like 10 stone babies and 2 bloats in a long narrow hallway room

i hope every boss now has scaling health ultra greed style

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

kewl

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

:worship:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm glad it only took the community a year and a half to fix Afterbirth+

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

extremebuff posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

good changes so far:

1. the switches in hidden rooms/treasure rooms now lock the door so they're even more worthless than before
2. one of the new rooms is a giant room full of holes and out of the holes pop 20 enemies on a chain with spikes on them and when you kill them they explode into bullets. and the enemies randomly pop ini and ouot of holes.
3. mild spoiler i guess for the new character unlock method you have to carry an item that drops 2 moms feet on you ever couple seconds to the boss rush from the starting level :worship:

praise edmund, and also notch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

good changes so far:

1. the switches in hidden rooms/treasure rooms now lock the door so they're even more worthless than before
2. one of the new rooms is a giant room full of holes and out of the holes pop 20 enemies on a chain with spikes on them and when you kill them they explode into bullets. and the enemies randomly pop ini and ouot of holes.
3. mild spoiler i guess for the new character unlock method you have to carry an item that drops 2 moms feet on you ever couple seconds to the boss rush from the starting level :worship:

praise edmund, and also notch

I smell fresh KhanTent boys!

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The new character and his unlock gimmick are 10/10. A lot better than confining it to some sort of challenge or something

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Can't wait to play this in a year on Switch

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the new character is really cool instead of complete trash? hosed up yall

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

how do i unlock the new guy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

the new character is really cool instead of complete trash? hosed up yall

Yeah all the tear interactions with his weapon sound sick too

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

how do i unlock the new guy

i'm a ps4 isaac player so its not out for me yet. So this is based on second hand info that i've read because reading posts about people playing is all i can do until booster packs 4 and 5 come to console in 1 million years. you have to do a series of things like the original lost unlock conditions but it's more of a gameplay challenge than an arg puzzle that no one bothered solving. first you have to beat the boss of basement 1 in under a minute, you'll hear mom scream, then go back to the starting room. you should see the shadow of a shovel piece. explode a bomb and it'll fall to the ground, collect it and you'll start getting chased by mom's foot. using the shovel piece will stop mom's foot from chasing you for the current room.

after you kill mom, beat the boss rush and at the end the other shovel piece will spawn. picking it up will stop mom's foot from chasing you and now the shovel just works like the normal shovel item. then when you get to the dark room one of the rooms will have a pile of dirt in it so use the shovel on that and you get the new character. then post about it here please so I can game vicariously through all of you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tjats right also i think its easiest with azazel fursonally

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

unlocking the new character is some bullshit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

unlocking the new character is some bullshit

I smell new KanTent!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

dodging 2 stomping mom feet the entire game is worse than keeper

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Im sorry but the new unlock method is actually really creative and much better than the keeper imo because it only needs to be done once. Plus the feet stop coming down after boss rush, so you really only need to do half of the game. Last but not least the new character himself is a blast to play as.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nah it sucks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the mom stomps were stupid but it wasn't too bad as azazel i had to try a couple times but whatever. also the boss rush opens no matter the time, so you can use the mom stomps to reset shops/items over and over if they spawn with a reset thing + hunt for tinted rocks or a magic mushroom in the caves levels. trying to do it without flying is prrobably miserable tho

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I used Azazel but you can just pick Isaac and reroll the first treasure room until you get bomb immunity.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

holding down the R key until you get the item that makes the run possible is not good design, but I'll still do it cos I wanna try the new mans

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the new dude is really good and so are all his unlocks. pretty hosed up tbh after the last couople of trash characters

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

holding down the R key until you get the item that makes the run possible is not good design

sounds like greedier mode

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you don't have to i beat it with azazel and no bomb immunity but i still got some good drops [lots of speed ups + stopwatch so the boss rush was pretty easy]. i actually hosed up a run with the host hat and the complete shovel by walking onto a d4 dice room right outside of satans room becasue i wasn't paying attention oops.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
All of the unlock runs I tried to do made me remember that I've had a problem with the shadow from mom's foot being too hard to see since rebirth got released.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i set gamma to max because curse of darkness is bunk

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What the

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/994298523809005568

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blade Strangers also has Umihara Kawase and Cave Story Guy in it, it's a bizarre looking game that I would probably preorder if literally any other developer was behind t but their previous fighting games have been pure trash

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sounds like some Ready Player One poo poo op.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I Wanna Be The Guy guy just ragefucked his way into the 2d meme fightmans roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Cave Story Guy

• Locked thread