Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Nice weddings almost always have bullshit burdens attached to them for the guests. For my husband's brother's wedding we had to go to the other side of the country (where they didn't live, but they just wanted their wedding to be somewhere "special") and rent a hotel for a few nights, which was super fun because I had just started college and was forced to miss some classes because of it. For his sister's wedding they expected us to stay overnight in the hotel where they had it, even though it's less than twenty minutes from were we live, in addition to having "sparkly" outfits for the reception (I got lucky and was able to find a dress on sale that worked though). I told my husband it was straight up horseshit that we were expected to rent a room in the fancy little boutique hotel and incredibly inconsiderate of them to demand it in the first place, because who's going to care for our dog while we are out catering to their whims?

Both his siblings sent us wedding invitations that were more or less instruction sheets. That's just so rude, telling people "Okay here's a party and here's a dozen things you need to do or buy for it"

When I got married my plan was "make it as easy as possible for everyone involved". No invites, we just emailed everyone, and I didn't give any instructions on what to wear or buy or go. The total price came to 5k, most of which was my dress at 1.7k and the reception, which was at a nice hostel very close to where we had the ceremony at the city hall. The photographer I think was around 600 or so. No DJ, because it was 2013 and Spotify existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

What a lovely dress! It's an expense down the road she won't really regret since there are now such nice photos :)

• Locked thread