Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i think i 'get' functional programming and composability and stuff but a lot of my coworkers are really enthusiastic about it and i want to be a fp liker too

what were you doing the first time you went from thinkingn "fp is a different programming paradigm" to "fp is the best programming paradigm for this task"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

The Management posted:

I think floating point has its uses but many people are not aware of the particular challenges and limitation it has.

i thought the title might confuse people but then i remembered that literally noone likes floating point representation so it didn't matter if it was misread :o:

• Locked thread