Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

the new act is enormous and had a lot of fantastic music, i usually have something playing in the back for diablolikes but i had to shut it off cause there's some great stuff. locations are varied and pretty too

lmao

i beat it last night. you fight a lot of the stars from Marvel: Thor: Ragnarok. the god of thunder is a one-line NPC who is not named thor.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

the new act is enormous and had a lot of fantastic music, i usually have something playing in the back for diablolikes but i had to shut it off cause there's some great stuff. locations are varied and pretty too

LMFAO aginDAaGAIN.
aFAGAIN.AgqainAgain.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Mfw I wake up and there’s a new bob thread on the front page

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

ac tually lmfao. i'm crying from laughing at this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

Mfw I wake up and there’s a new bob thread on the front page

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
grim dawn had a new expansion recently too. does anybody give a poo poo about that game?

i played it a lot like a year or two back but I don't know if I have it in me to start a new character just for the expansion.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

grim dawn is a lot like TQ but all the cool mythological enemies and settings are replaced with zombies and brown/purple caves, i got really bored of it fast.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
don't forget GREEN CRYSTALS

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, has anyone actually played through the full new act yet, by the way? I think I've still got my old character/save from TQ1+expack, so I'm kinda tempted to get the new expansion and pick up from where I left off. (Assuming it's actually good, that is.)
Although I'm kinda put off, since I'm afraid it'll look good on the store page, but actually be pretty poo poo/underwhelming, like the latest Age of Mythology expansion. (Completely different gameplay between TQ and AoM I know, but I'm more referring to the fact that both mythology-based games were more-or-less dead for a decade, before suddenly getting expansions)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i mean, its like its 2006 and they released another act for the game, nothing more nothing less. theres a lot of cool stuff in it and it's even longer than act 4, but they didnt really put new things anywhere else in the game besides the new class. its hardly worth 15 when the base game is 5 bucks lol i was just too curious not to try it

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Ah, yeah fair enough. I might wait until mid- to late-December and see if it's on sale then. Since as you said, it's pretty drat pricey for an expansion to an old game! :D Still, the fact that you said it's the same general formula as the base game sounds good; certainly better than if they tried something new, but in a terrible way that backfired. (I mean, I feel the start of act one is a bit rough, but the game becomes great later on)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

• Locked thread