Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Deathwind posted:

If their security system had nanomachine cameras how are you not eternally in alert state?

Anti-nanomachines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Deathwind posted:

But the other cameras see you and alert...

Because they aren't nanomachine cameras, obviously.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Req.Martyr posted:

I remember really loving the concept of this game when I saw a friend playing it.

I have bounced off every attempt to play it through however
I'm curious about Acid2, but for now I'd still like to see just how Metal Gear this can get.

MGA2 in my opinion is a pretty straight upgrade in most ways. More cards, tons of stuff is rebalanced along with changing when you get stuff (you start on MGS3 and work backwards, no stealth spam until later), cards can be upgraded and often upgrade interestingly, user interface is friendlier, and I dig the cell shaded style.

Also the game spoils the hell out of this one. Not in story terms because it has only the vaguest of vague references to the first game, rather it's because of the cards. MGA2 had MGA1 characters as cards, and a lot of times when you upgrade them they change to reveal their spoilery true identity.

Also there's a card that lets you fire a giant particle beam out of your head, so that's nice.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Captain Walker posted:

I guess Kojima agrees; you spend a very large amount of Phantom Pain doing pretty much that except you have to manually start up the cassette tapes for people to talk about Metal Gear/Sahelanthropus/insane pseudoscience.

Well yeah, what do you expect from an Open World MGS game?