Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cool Ghost posted:

Gary: Thanks to all of you and your big "mission," those soldiers were drawn out of my hair, buying me just enough time to obtain the ACUA data. Not only that, but you even filled me in on Flemming's true whereabouts. Just look at our little informative session here as my heartfelt thanks to you. But I'm a busy man. I'll be needing Flemming to help me turn this data into several large briefcases full of dead presidents.

I've played too much MGS, my first interpretation of this comment was "So the ACUA is some weapon against the Patriots?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

So, I'm assuming Gary is Hans. But a Snake is Hans too. So... TWIN BROTHERS!

Ac!d Snake

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kase moch posted:

It's real hard to take the evil corporation seriously when its name is BEAGLE.

"You can bet the house that BEAGLE is behind this."
Oh noooooo

The security of our nation's slippers is at stake!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

"Good news! I managed to secure our R&D funding for the next three quarters!"
"That's fantastic! How'd you do that?"
"... Yeah, that's the bad news... you're probably gonna want to sit down for this..."

"See, you know how we were discussing canine cancer treatment and brainstorming a better delivery system? Well I started thinking WAY outside the box."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Metal Gear Fluffnugget

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hans is Liquid, in this timeline he got the same genes as Snake but still talks in a British accent. Sadly the game's not voiced so nobody can tell them apart.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Teliko says Snake was her hero. Hans Davis used the Snake persona to be a hero to the children they were experimenting on. I've seen enough Metal Gear games to know where this one is going.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Extended monologues about meme theory?

And the military industrial complex and how it relates to some rare species of frog.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Well it's been colours every time so we're going to have to stick with that. We've had colour coded uniforms, colour coded tiles, what's the next obvious thing? That's right, colour coded weapons!

Colour coded cards. Build a deck where your current hand determines how well the things in it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Req.Martyr posted:

I remember really loving the concept of this game when I saw a friend playing it.

I have bounced off every attempt to play it through however
I'm curious about Acid2, but for now I'd still like to see just how Metal Gear this can get.

I am a major sucker for interesting gameplay systems (various card battling games either as abilities or summons, pinball 3 Kingdoms tactics game, that survival horror game controlled entirely by a microphone...) and I can say with certainty that most of them sound more interesting than they actually manage to play. The main place where I find they actually work (though hardly universal) are RPGs like Baten Kaitos (building decks of attacks for both card strength and combos) or Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (BoF as a roguelike-ish with a "you lose" power bar and intended fail-forwards replay mechanic), anything to have a change from fight/magic/item/run.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 24, 2019