Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

dotchan posted:

I think that's just part of the fiction Snake maintains so he can pretend his life is not a series of bizarre and improbable coincidences. I'm pretty sure some nights he wakes up in a cold sweat after a nightmare about Zanzibar Poisonous Hamsters.

I refuse to believe that you could think that the Zanzibar Poisonous Hamsters are anything but adorable as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

Look at this guy, never been poisoned by a hamster.

I admit as much. Attached by cats and dogs, sure, but not hamsters, least of all explicitly poisonous ones.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Ace of Aces posted:

I thought he was pretending all along. loving MGS4. :psyduck:

MGS4 had a lot of things it did wrong, but I don't think that Ocelot trying to get rid of Liquid's ghost was one of them.

Now, taking everything from MGS2 and saying it was "Nanomachines", that was stupid as hell.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

it didn't, though. Vamp? only nanomachines part of it was being able to keep resurrecting himself. Everything else, all him.

I liked him being able to run up walls because "gently caress you". I get the regenerative nanomachine powers, I'll accept it, but they kept taking away a lot of the fun, crazy things until it was all just boring explanations.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Everyone in MGR aside from Raiden were too small time for Ocelot to screw over.

I forget, what are the spoiler rules for the main games?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Then everyone who was in MGR aside from Raiden were such bit players, they didn't matter enough for Ocelot to gently caress with them.

The female lead looks weird.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Ace of Aces posted:

a loving tank

With nothing but Anti-Personnel grenades. Which, I should note, are horrifically ineffectual against that kind of tank.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm curious to see how this game compares on the weirdometer to late-game MGS2.

I still don't understand half of that nonsense. :shepicide:

It makes sense if you think about it.

For several years.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Philanthropy Did Nothing Wrong

but Kojima should have stuck with his idea for the ending of 4 where Snake and Otacon were tried, sentenced, and hanged rather than the actual ending he did

His entire team vetoed the idea, so he couldn't go through with it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Ace of Aces posted:

I think the idea of Snake simply fading away works better with the themes anyway, so it's probably a good thing they vetoed him.

Agreed. The man created literally for war gets to die a natural death, surrounded by friends and loved ones. All the villains, those who claim war for their own reasons, die alone in the battlefield.

It's somewhat ironic. The good irony.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

RudeCat posted:

Variety is the spice of life, add a dash of violence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

So he doesn't believe in silly things like psychics, only things like assassination squads trained to work in elevators and cyborgs trained by NASA.

Look, the FOXHOUND training regimen is super weird, but not that weird.