Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ace of Aces posted:

This game is definitely a thing. I really like it, but I find it can get kind of grindy and you can end up skipping turns when you need THAT ONE CARD to get through a door or something. Looking forward to more of this.

By the way, is Ac!d 2 any better in that regard? I've not actually played it since I've been trying to finish 1.

Speaking of 1, I assume you're playing the NTSC version - does it list the wrong ammo type on the XM8 like the PAL version does?

Acid 2 from what I remember is a lot more streamlined, not all movement has to be done using cards (I think you can change direction freely at the very least) and it features possibily the most ridiculous looking Metal Gear design in the entire franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Even as far back as Metal Gear 2 you had stuff like space ninjas and Poisonous Zanzibar Hamsters. As far as I know the only Metal Gear game that didn't feature any kind of weird poo poo like that was the original on MSX/NES (even Snake's Revenge had Big Boss suddenly turning into a cyborg at the end).