Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm pretty sure the "two personas" bit is a reference to a saying about hearts/masks/faces: "Everyone has three hearts. One they show the world, one they keep to themselves, and one that they do not know."

That was the first one that I heard about that, the mask one has the second line being the face you show your close friends and family, and the last being the one you keep to yourself because its your true reflection. It's mostly attributed as a Japanese saying now, but the hearts version was said to be a Chinese proverb, and that from a book from the 70's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So what is the actual "game"? Or is it just "First one dead loses"?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is the big plot twist going to be that Alice isn't psychic, she's just an expert hacker and hacked the security feeds?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I would make a joke about us playing the villain the whole time and ends with Snake shooting himself, but this is a Metal Gear game, and acid may have been taken while writing the script, so I don't know what would be too batshit crazy to be in the game. Maybe we won't get a card that lets us shoot BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

My dad used to work as an engineer at a power plant. The building with the massive steam boilers that produced the power was the power house, so I just assume that's the catch-all name for the building with the actual machines producing the power.