Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011

Deathwind posted:

I played the US version and I don't remember seeing the blade till I began opening packs, might there be some randomization in the starting deck?

I want to say this is right. I've played parts of this game a few times and the ninja card was in my deck my first time playing and I remember redoing the tutorial mission until I had it in my deck on my second attempt at finishing the game.

I'm glad to see this get another shot as an LP. I remember enjoying where the story was going, but for whatever reason I stopped playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
Do equipment cards get shuffled into the deck if you currently have them equipped? Say you only had one box in your deck, equipped it, and shuffled the deck on your next turn. Could you potentially draw that box card while you're hiding in the box?
I suppose things should work that way because otherwise equip type guns would be unusable until you got two cards with the same ammo type, but I honestly can't remember.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
I'm sure this game is completable without having to do these extra missions, but it would make the game a lot more of a slog, especially after that look at how bad the starting deck is.
I only ever did Extra Missions on one map so I didn't realize the reward was tied to the original mission reward. I'm curious which mission ends up being the optimal grinding map.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
I think his portrait has a kind of Jecht from FFX look going on more than anything else.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
Oh god, I forgot how bad the card key system was in this game. Did the sequel improve upon them like it did with regular doors and whatnot?

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011

Cool Ghost posted:

Why does a science lab need so many security features?
At least the floor isn't electrified and the air is poisonous gas.

Also, I don't remember the plot going so nuts so fast. All of this is coming in at maybe an hour's worth of gameplay if you're familiar with how to play the game?

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
Climbing a ladder to get into an air vent to go talk to someone being held prisoner. Now where have I heard that one before?

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
The Hans name change is great. It really catches you off guard the first time and they don't overplay the gag.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
I don't remember that boss going down quite so easily. Must be what happens when you actually know what's going to happen in a mission and build an appropriate deck for it. Also just knowing the game better than most people in general.

I think I ended up using explosives and whittling him down with bullets. And I definitely had to use a couple of medkits.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
It's a little surprising to see we're close to the endgame. I'm pretty sure the next update or two should cover where I stopped playing way back in the day and I don't really remember thinking the game felt close to being over.
Maybe I stopped right before the game goes full Metal Gear during the last act? Either way looking forward to seeing what's actually going on in the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
Man, I remember that long hallway with the explosive barrels and robots on the upper landing but I do not remember running around opening doors and being talked at in the area after.

Also I like how Snake and Teliko were near death the whole time. It's understandable since healing cards are worthless draws in every situation except when you need to heal so they aren't worth the deckslot. Maybe they should have had an option to use all cards as an inefficient bandage like you can for movement.