Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ace of Aces posted:

MGS4 heavily implies that Ocelot was bullshitting this as a psychological tactic/used self-hypnosis to convince himself that was the case, which arguably makes less sense than straight up ghost posession given everything about The Sorrow.

No, no, no. He actually was possessed by the ghost haunting his transplanted arm, which was mainly haunting him to gently caress with Snake, but then he cut off the transplant, replaced it with a cyber-limb, and used the self-hypnosis to replicate the effects of being possessed, to fool the AIs in space that control 21st century earth from behind the scenes (and also to gently caress with snake.) Easy mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

MGS4 had a lot of things it did wrong, but I don't think that Ocelot trying to get rid of Liquid's ghost was one of them.

Now, taking everything from MGS2 and saying it was "Nanomachines", that was stupid as hell.

it didn't, though. Vamp? only nanomachines part of it was being able to keep resurrecting himself. Everything else, all him.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Kase moch posted:

What's fun about Metal Gear is it looks like a fairly serious, realistic, military-based combat game, and then you play it and realize it's deep into absurdist fantasy soap opera territory.

Its great because MGS actively bait-and-switches you by keeping the first hour or so low-key and having everything up to the Ocelot boss battle play out like a slightly more cyberpunk Tom Clancy technothriller, and then an invisible cyborg ninja literally comes out of loving nowhere to cut Ocelots arm off and everything goes off the god drat rails.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

This is a snake that retired after beating his father to death with his bare hands in a minefield and then had over a decade to reflect on it in alaska with noone to talk to, yeah.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Cool Ghost posted:

Part Fourteen: Mr. Snake's Wild Ride Begins

After the mission, another one of these information commercials shows up. You can click the image if you want to watch the video.

this has a very Suda51 vibe going on.